Women Preachers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lovespeace123

------About women as slaves Abbie:

I Peter 3: 5-6 - For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Sarah called her husband her master. Now of course, He was a friend of God (you don't marry a fool and call him master), but thought you should know what the Biblical stance on that is.

Sam

I wanted to apologize about this post. My mind was not in the right mind set when I wrote it. Jesus said to call no man father/master on earth (even though the word father is used in the Episltes). I think it meant that in our hearts, we are to set upon the throne of father, the Lord God and upon the throne of master, the person of Jesus Christ. Women should live in submission to their husbands. Find or be found of a good one and live in submission. I'm not married so I will leave understand of marriage to those who are more 'married'. I wanted to apologize if during this or surrounding posts if I was more machismo than Biblical. The bible says that Him that finds a good wife finds a good thing and I think it was mentioning a reverant and submissive wife.

Sam

D

DJB2034

Some women take great offense to that idea.

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009

I Peter 3: 5-6 - For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Sarah called her husband her master. Now of course, He was a friend of God (you don't marry a fool and call him master), but thought you should know what the Biblical stance on that is.

Sam

I wanted to apologize about this post. My mind was not in the right mind set when I wrote it. Jesus said to call no man father/master on earth (even though the word father is used in the Episltes). I think it meant that in our hearts, we are to set upon the throne of father, the Lord God and upon the throne of master, the person of Jesus Christ. Women should live in submission to their husbands. Find or be found of a good one and live in submission. I'm not married so I will leave understand of marriage to those who are more 'married'. I wanted to apologize if during this or surrounding posts if I was more machismo than Biblical. The bible says that Him that finds a good wife finds a good thing and I think it was mentioning a reverant and submissive wife.

Sam
hi sam the last vs you posted i read today. good verse. i'll ttyl

D

damon

yes but it also say's a husband should love his wife like Christ loves the church, self sacrificing putting her needs before his own

Jan 8, 2009
Remember than the women being in submission was not God's original intention. It was actually part of her punishment in Genesis. Just think if Adam had sinned first, then men would be in submission to their wives!

Jan 31, 2009
Remember than the women being in submission was not God's original intention. It was actually part of her punishment in Genesis. Just think if Adam had sinned first, then men would be in submission to their wives!
If A frog had wings it wouldn't have to flop around in the Mud

Mar 11, 2009
I dont think you guys know what these scriptures mean.I sujest fasting and prayer for the answer.The body of the church is explained as femal,male,christ,God.This God head is what is talked about here.He also says "it is a great mistery"
Search for the mystery biblically and you will start to see the answer.
Remeber there is no marrage in heaven.For we are like the angels.
a male person can be a female in the Godhead.Also a male/female can also be a baby in the Godhead
no interpritaion of the bible is private.God threw revelation will show what you seek.
I would start maybe studding how all the profits got the answers.Then do what they do.
Love a friend in God

Daniel fasted 3 weeks for a revelation.Hint

A

Abing

Sam

Sam

i have a feeling my name is abbie.... waiiit, oh oh! this was on the other 'women preachers' thread. ohhh i see your point now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.