Women Will Be Saved Through Childbirth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I am here to speak with people who know they need a healer.

Please move on and stop addressing me.

Romans 14:18-19 NLT - "If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and others will approve of you, too. So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up."
1) More Manipulation:
You don't get to demand that people "move on" and stop speaking.
That's very manipulative, and very condescending.

2.) Dangerous?
Now you're claiming to be a healer... big claim.
I have seen no evidence of any gift emanating from you except a gift for deception and manipulation.
Anyone can look back at your threads, and see the same pattern, over and over.... you simply keep lying.
And when anyone points it out... you go on the offense, and claim they're a bad person.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
2.) Dangerous?
We should offer him charity in interpretation. Perhaps he meant that he is a blue healer.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Wow. That's a very interesting idea. I'll reread with this in mind.
There are several different types of salvation. We typically insert "to go to heaven" when we read the the word "saved" or "salvation" in the scriptures.

Here, Paul is addressing reconciliation to God. Reconciliation brings man back to God's original plan for man: to be examples of Him in the earth primarily through godly character.

"There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. 6 He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone."

We tend to think of "reconciliation" as "conciliation": we lost something we can never get back so just do your best. No. In Christ we have fellowship (being of likeness and kind) with God. We are not the hapless deranged that get a pass. We are a new creation with Him. When one gives up their life to God He raises us up with the same life with which Jesus was raised from the dead.

"And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

This IS eternal life because it comes from the One who is eternal: it is marked by the characteristics of the One who gives it.

Believing women given to childbirth are then saved from this wicked generation, from the ways of the kingdom of Darkness. This is about sanctification and salvation from the corruption of this world.

@Nehemiah6 touched on this in his earlier post.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
1) More Manipulation:
You don't get to demand that people "move on" and stop speaking.
That's very manipulative, and very condescending.

2.) Dangerous?
I have seen no evidence of any gift emanating from you except a gift for deception and manipulation.
Anyone can look back at your threads, and see the same pattern, over and over.... you simply keep lying.
And when anyone points it out... you go on the offense, and claim they're a bad person.

I have no idea of what you're going on about. How can we find the bond of unity?

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
As I often say, we are Christian Brothers and Sisters in Christ . . . let us Love each other as we discuss our Beloved Bible.

1 Timothy 2:15 NLT - "But women will be saved through childbearing, assuming they continue to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty."

I am studying 1 Timothy for the day and am wondering what you scholars think about the above passage. I've searched for Biblical answers that would explain this mysterious passage, but haven't found any.

Thanks!
This passage is not about conversion, but because of their disobedience, Adam and Eve were then subject to sin.. so Adam had to labour the ground.. Eve had pain in child birth. But it was the birthing of a child that gave Eve the life deliverance (not eternal deliverance from hell). It gave her life a purpose that would last her entire life.. in the raising of a child.

Their are different kinds of 'save'

It does not always mean 'save from sins to be given eternal life' but can mean 'rescue, deliverance, recover'

'He was saved from drowning'.. obviously not about eternal salvation.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
This passage is not about conversion, but because of their disobedience, Adam and Eve were then subject to sin.. so Adam had to labour the ground.. Eve had pain in child birth. But it was the birthing of a child that gave Eve the life deliverance (not eternal deliverance from hell). It gave her life a purpose that would last her entire life.. in the raising of a child.
Very interesting take on things. I get the feeling that direct conversation might be helpful to understand this more. Seems deep.

'He was saved from drowning'.. obviously not about eternal salvation.
That's true, but I don't recall anyone being saved of drowing (in the Bible), unless we want to think Jonah was alive while in the whale. :)

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
A mother does not save her child, Jesus does
Your name is daisy so I would assume that you are a woman. Possibly are or have even been a mother. Until your children were old enough to make certain choices on their own understanding, did you make those decisions for them? Obviously Jesus is the "One" who saves all of us. But YOUR decisions effect your children until they can decide for themselves. Your teachings influence your children so when they are old enough to understand the choices they make hopefully you guided them in the right direction.

presidente

May 29, 2013
The seed of the woman promise was eventually fulfilled, partly through Eve giving birth.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
The seed of the woman promise was eventually fulfilled, partly through Eve giving birth.
What??? The seed of the woman promise? Very interesting. I've never heard of that. Can you explain a little more on that? Thanks!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Oh. Okie doke. Suit yourself.
It is not a matter of suiting myself. You would have misled people with the wrong information. the Davidic Covenant promised an eternal throne to David, and that is exactly what he will have under Christ. Although Jesus of Nazareth legally has a right to that throne, Christ has a throne far above that of David. Therefore this is what we read in Ezekiel 37:21-25. David will be a prince under Christ, who is King of kings and Lord of lords.

DAVID TO RULE OVER REDEEMED ISRAEL ETERNALLY
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I am going to obey Paul and avoid your arguing.

Titus 3:2 NLT - "They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone."

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Very interesting take on things. I get the feeling that direct conversation might be helpful to understand this more. Seems deep.

That's true, but I don't recall anyone being saved of drowing (in the Bible), unless we want to think Jonah was alive while in the whale. :)
Yes, it's not in the bible.. but it is similar to being saved through childbirth.. the 'saving' is not about eternal life deliverance.. being saved from sins, but deliverance, rescue, recover.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Yes, it's not in the bible.. but it is similar to being saved through childbirth.. the 'saving' is not about eternal life deliverance.. being saved from sins, but deliverance, rescue, recover.
After reading your post a couple of times, I thought to myself, "Well . . . if the woman is saved from childbirth, what is she being saved from? What is her dilemma? Now I've got to go and read the chapter again.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
@wattie

Women being saved through childbirth is directly related to the sin of Adam and Eve. Wouldn't this be what the woman is being saved from, "through childbirth?"

1 Timothy 2:14-15 NLT - "And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result. But women will be saved through childbearing, assuming they continue to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty."

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
@wattie

Women being saved through childbirth is directly related to the sin of Adam and Eve. Wouldn't this be what the woman is being saved from, "through childbirth?"

1 Timothy 2:14-15 NLT - "And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result. But women will be saved through childbearing, assuming they continue to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty."
The saving in this verse cannot be eternal salvation because eternal salvation is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved..as seen all thru John

So it's got to be something else.

Then so as I posted before it becomes a life deliverance from devotion to their child.

I suppose something for a man might be having a Son to carry on his line.

But the point is it's a different kind of 'save' to conversion. Let's just get that out of the equation.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
The saving in this verse cannot be eternal salvation because eternal salvation is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved..as seen all thru John

So it's got to be something else.

Then so as I posted before it becomes a life deliverance from devotion to their child.

I suppose something for a man might be having a Son to carry on his line.

But the point is it's a different kind of 'save' to conversion. Let's just get that out of the equation.
Well, nothing is really making any sense to me. There is a part of me that wonders if the blood shed during childbirth is/was something like the Jews bleeding during physical circumcision. Timothy was a Greek, so that doesn't fit. The Law was long since fulfilled by Christ and no longer followed, so that doesn't fit. As John MacArthur says in his introduction to 1 Timothy, it IS a mysterious passage that causes many people to question its meaning. John actually states that because of this bizarre verse, there is a group of people who believe that he may not have written the Epistle. I don't believe that, but I can see why. There are indeed a few challenging passages in Timothy that defy core Biblical doctrine.

However, my study with 1 Timothy is over . . . time to move on to the next!