work stories

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I go to work for the books I think. Someone needs to look after those precious words.

I dont really know if I actually influence people, thats more of a teachers job, but I heard today that some children think of me as their friend.

Practically every school librarian is female. I havent yet met a male school librarian, though there were public and tertiary ones. Most of the primary school teachers are female, like 90 percent.

I wish it was somehow a bit more balanced. Many workplaces are overwhelmingly one over the other and sometimes its difficult to be in the minority.

I wonder if God ever keeps tabs on genders. I think of Dinah being the only sister with twelve brothers. What if Jacob hadnt had 2 wives and four mothers...or had 12 daughters and one son instead.

He must count the girls as well as the boys. I hope so, its just disconcerting being female and not even being counted for anything in this world.