Work, work, work!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

I haven't been honoring God here as much recently. I am feeling burnt out and need time off.

I used to love my job a few years ago, but things have been changing over the course of the last couple of years. I find myself coasting more than I should. Finding inspiring job tasks if less common than it used to be. I do wonder if I am in the wrong field sometimes. I am almost done with a software development degree but some days I can't bring myself to work on any coding tasks if there is something else to do. Maybe it's just lack of fun assignments? I used to enjoy it quite a bit, but now I am toying with getting a graduate degree in psychology or something.

I should pray on this more.
Sounds like you really need some time out. Me too. It is always good to pray over it. When I had to chose between different job offers I prayed and asked myself where do I serve the Lord more. For me that focus helped a lot, and made me more aware of my calling.