works and doing good are in the gospel as strongly part of the salvation plan

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hearer

John 5:17
Jesus said to them, My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.

May 2, 2011
Jesus said to them, My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.
Recently in another Forum Thread we had a very short study on the Seven Churches of
Revelation. In that study we found common themes for each church in terms of what
"Christ Knows" and the "Praise" for each church. I list them below as one affirmation:

[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Christ Knows [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Ephesus [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Works, Toil and Endurance [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Smyrna [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Works, Tribulation, Poverty, Coming Trouble [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Pergamos[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Works, Dwell where Satan is [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Thyatira[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Works, Love, Faith, Service, Patience [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Sardis [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Works [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Philadelphia[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Works [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Laodicea[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Works, False claims, True condition [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Praise [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Ephesus [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Not weary, Test Teachers, Hate Nicolaitans [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Smyrna [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]You are rich [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Pergamos[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Hold fast My name, Did not deny faith [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]
Thyatira
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Later works exceed first works[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Sardis [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]A few are worthy [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Philadelphia[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Kept my words, Did not deny name, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Endured
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, sans-serif]Laodicea [/FONT]

E

eternally-gratefull

Yep, Gods work is always in the gospel. Because our works are as bloody rags. we could never do enough work to earn salvation.

May 2, 2011
* As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Revelation 3:19

PRACTICAL REPENTANCE UNTO SALVATION
(Forum Thread on ChristianChat.com)
Link
-->>
http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/28385-practical-repentance-unto-salvation.html

* And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth allmen every where to repent: Acts 17:30

* And they went out, and preached that men should repent. Mark 6:12