Works righteousness.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I believe there is lack of understanding here based on a false premises and word meanings.

For example if I asked what the difference between eternal life and being born from above what would you say?

If I asked what are you saved from in Ephesian 2, and what is the grace that saves what would you say.

If I asked what is salvation what would ya say? And what are people saved from?

If I asked how is one justified, or what comes first regeneration or justification what would ya say.

And you may answer based on your knowledge of a doctrine.

But what does scripture say. SOMETIMES WE MUST READ THE BIBLE FOR OURSELVES WITH AS BEST WE CAN ON A BLANK SLATE. OTHERWISE WE ARE ACCEPTING ANOTHERS LENSES.
AND WE END UP INTERPRETING FROM THAT LENSE AND HAVE NEVER COME TO CHECK FOR OURSELVES IF 9×9=81.

DOES SCRIPTURE EVER SAY he saved us so that we can have heaven when we leave this earth? Even though I better make sure I say that that is essential.

Is grace still grace if I have to open the door for my favor?
Is all grace without effort?
Why has grace come to mean that there is no effort involved?
The only major part of ' salvation ' that remains to be completed is glorification. ( After we believe the Gospel) As a guarantee the believer is sealed until the day of redemption, being predestinated to the redemption of the body . eph 4.30 , Eph 1.13 , 1 cor 1.21 , Eph 1.5 , Rom 8 .29 . Rom 8 .38,39 ,Rom 8.23

E

eternally-gratefull

@Corlove13 ]I believe there is lack of understanding here based on a false premises and word meanings.

For example if I asked what the difference between eternal life and being born from above what would you say? Technically they are both the same, born from above, means born again, or made alive you who were dead in tresspasses and sin, the length of this spiritual life is for ever or eternal, hence the term eternal (forever) life

If I asked what are you saved from in Ephesian 2, and what is the grace that saves what would you say.
saved from the penalty of sin, the grace is the same grace that saved every man woman child who ever walked the earth,

If I asked what is salvation what would ya say? And what are people saved from?
salvation we are concerned with is our eternal situation, saved from hell. Saved from separation of God saved from the curse of the law, saved from spiritual death,

If I asked how is one justified, or what comes first regeneration or justification what would ya say.
justified literally means to be declared righteous, or innocent of any wrong doing, since you are dead because of sin, you can not be made alive until that sin is removed, hence justification MUST precede new birth (regeneration). You could say we are born again on account of being justified,

And you may answer based on your knowledge of a doctrine.

or you can answer based on biblical fact, and try not to insert your own belief system into the word,

But what does scripture say. SOMETIMES WE MUST READ THE BIBLE FOR OURSELVES WITH AS BEST WE CAN ON A BLANK SLATE. OTHERWISE WE ARE ACCEPTING ANOTHERS LENSES.
AND WE END UP INTERPRETING FROM THAT LENSE AND HAVE NEVER COME TO CHECK FOR OURSELVES IF 9×9=81.

DOES SCRIPTURE EVER SAY he saved us so that we can have heaven when we leave this earth? Even though I better make sure I say that that is essential.

Is grace still grace if I have to open the door for my favor?
Is all grace without effort?
Why has grace come to mean that there is no effort involved?

scripture says those saved will be In heaven. that is what eternal life means, they will live forever,
if grace is not Without effort, grace is no longer grace, paul made this argument and sealed the answer in his inspired writings. the more valid question is why did Grace change to means some work has to be involved,

Jun 25, 2020
Things religions and cults teach that are necessary for salvation.

Sadly . Some Christians also :
Only past sins forgiven by Jesus .
Deeds of faith.
repentence .
Water baptism .
Initial evidence.
Obedience .
Works .
Enduring to the end .
perseverance.
stop sinning.
10 commandments.
Sabbath .
confession .
No assurance.
The bible says in Isaiah 64:6 “All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags”.
This means that our righteous acts and works will never be good enough to save us.
However, this is not an excuse to be disobedient to God and to sin.

Just because we are under grace does not mean that we should continue to sin.
Romans 6:15 says “What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!”

In your post, you said that sadly there are Christians who teach in repentance, obedience, stop sinning etc.

In your post are you saying that we should disobey God and live a life of sin and live the same lifestyle that we used to live before we became Christians?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
The bible says in Isaiah 64:6 “All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags”.
This means that our righteous acts and works will never be good enough to save us.
However, this is not an excuse to be disobedient to God and to sin.

Just because we are under grace does not mean that we should continue to sin.
Romans 6:15 says “What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!”

In your post, you said that sadly there are Christians who teach in repentance, obedience, stop sinning etc.

In your post are you saying that we should disobey God and live a life of sin and live the same lifestyle that we used to live before we became Christians?
When did I say we should sin ?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
works righteousness?

Kinda like

Military Intelligence huh?

Jun 25, 2020
When did I say we should sin ?
You said "sadly" there are Christians who teach teach repentance, obedience, stop sinning etc.

Why do you say it is sad that Christians teach these things?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You said "sadly" there are Christians who teach teach repentance, obedience, stop sinning etc.

Why do you say it is sad that Christians teach these things?
I said " Things religions and cults teach that are necessary for salvation. Meaning these things are necessary to BE saved or STAY saved .

P

pottersclay

Things religions and cults teach that are necessary for salvation.

Islam .
Your good deeds have to outweigh your bad.
works righteousness.
no assurance.

Mormons :
Good deeds and following all the laws and the teachings of Joseph Smith, plus water baptism with enduring to the end to be saved .
No assurance

Jehovah's Witnesses :
Water baptism
Preaching work , door to door ect .
you have to endure to the end to be saved .No assurance

Catholicism.
Water baptism .
Good deeds .
Literal consumption of the body and blood of Jesus.
confession .
works righteousness .
Dying in a state of grace for final justification.
Enduring to the end to be saved.
No assurance

Sadly . Some Christians also :
Only past sins forgiven by Jesus .
Deeds of faith.
repentence .
Water baptism .
Initial evidence.
Obedience .
Works .
Enduring to the end .
perseverance.
stop sinning.
10 commandments.
Sabbath .
confession .
No assurance.
Good deeds and works of righteousness in a nut shell is doing and saying things to honor and glorify the father and not ourselves.