"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." —Romans 8:28
Our family is part of the struggling middle class. We try not to use credit cards so things can be pretty tight. It always feels like we are on our last dime, but then something happens that needs replacing or fixing. And that replacing and fixing tends to be expensive! In those moments, I have learned to repeat this verse either aloud or in my mind. It also helps when I recall one of the many instances when God turned a challenging circumstance into a situation that shows us God's favor.
One time I was mulling over the damage that a short hail storm had done to my car. My thoughts were something like this, "How much will this cost to get fixed? How high is my deductible again? I can't understand why this happened!" My husband and I submitted a claim to my insurance (unsure we could afford the deductible). Much to our surprise, they said the car was totaled. They mailed us a check for the full amount of the car! The insurance company told us we could get it fixed or keep the money so we decided to use the money for other things. I drove that car for several more years until it eventually broke down for good. Yes, God works everything together for our good because He loves us.
Our family is part of the struggling middle class. We try not to use credit cards so things can be pretty tight. It always feels like we are on our last dime, but then something happens that needs replacing or fixing. And that replacing and fixing tends to be expensive! In those moments, I have learned to repeat this verse either aloud or in my mind. It also helps when I recall one of the many instances when God turned a challenging circumstance into a situation that shows us God's favor.
One time I was mulling over the damage that a short hail storm had done to my car. My thoughts were something like this, "How much will this cost to get fixed? How high is my deductible again? I can't understand why this happened!" My husband and I submitted a claim to my insurance (unsure we could afford the deductible). Much to our surprise, they said the car was totaled. They mailed us a check for the full amount of the car! The insurance company told us we could get it fixed or keep the money so we decided to use the money for other things. I drove that car for several more years until it eventually broke down for good. Yes, God works everything together for our good because He loves us.