Worldly Christianity = Idolatry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 13, 2011
There is no such thing as "Christianity." Understood correctly, it's an okay word, but basically, it's not an okay word when you really think about it critically. There is only the Church Christ founded. And those sectarians and heretics outside of the Church. You really don't know what the Church is, do you? Christianity is an okay word if it means faith in Christ. But there are too many things that come in the name of faith in Christ that are false, like Filioquism, and sola fide and sola scriptura, and purgatory and papal indulgences and infallibility, immaculate conception of Mary. And mandatory clerical celibacy. Take care.
I believe I do, and it's certainly not the EO religion.

Apr 13, 2011
Yes, you can lose salvation. There's no such thing as one saved always saved.
Salvation for Christians is permanent. 1 Pet 1:23, amongst many others.

When you start to think like this then you have no humility? It was through humility that the thief on the cross made it to heaven, not because of his arrogant boasting that he was "saved", and it wasn't until he was dying that he knew he was saved.
The thief on the cross was saved because he believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, the saving grace of God is acquired by the Sacraments. Esp Holy Communion.
That's not what the bible says.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes, you can lose salvation.

So eternal life. Which John says we can KNOW we have right now. Is not eternal but conditional?

There's no such thing as one saved always saved.
Again is eternal life eternal or conditional. Why did Paul tell us we are sealed by the spirit. and this seal was a seal which would not be broken until after we are ressurected. If this seal can be broken causes us to lose salvation?

The jews taught you could lose eternal life. Seems you follow their logic.

When you start to think like this then you have no humility? It was through humility that the thief on the cross made it to heaven, not because of his arrogant boasting that he was "saved", and it wasn't until he was dying that he knew he was saved.
lol. You do know what humility is don't you? It is not me who is saying I must work to be saved, taking pride in my works. I can do nothing to save myself. nor could I ever be good enough to make it to heaven. My faith is in Christ. Not my works. lest I should boast.

The thief understood this. He knew who Christ was, and said remember him. Jesus said today you will be with me in paradise. The person was saved forever. At the moment he believed. Just as Christ said in john 3: 16. That whoever believes will never parish. But will live forever (eternal life) Yet you say this is not true. why is that?

Yes, the saving grace of God is acquired by the Sacraments. Esp Holy Communion.

Then your teaching a Gospel of works. Thanks for proving me right.

You ready to say your sorry Scott for saying the EO does not teach a gospel of works??

Aug 18, 2011

So eternal life. Which John says we can KNOW we have right now. Is not eternal but conditional?

Again is eternal life eternal or conditional. Why did Paul tell us we are sealed by the spirit. and this seal was a seal which would not be broken until after we are ressurected. If this seal can be broken causes us to lose salvation?

The jews taught you could lose eternal life. Seems you follow their logic.
We can lose salvation because the bible says so in Hebrews, and Jesus also taught it. We will never know that we are saved until we hear the words from the Lord Himself at the Last Judgment, "Well done thou good and faithful servant". Even Protestants are divided among themselves on this issue; there is no such thing as once saved always saved because people are not infallible, we are prone to lapsing from Faith just like the demons were through pride.

lol. You do know what humility is don't you? It is not me who is saying I must work to be saved, taking pride in my works. I can do nothing to save myself. nor could I ever be good enough to make it to heaven. My faith is in Christ. Not my works. lest I should boast.

The thief understood this. He knew who Christ was, and said remember him. Jesus said today you will be with me in paradise. The person was saved forever. At the moment he believed. Just as Christ said in john 3: 16. That whoever believes will never parish. But will live forever (eternal life) Yet you say this is not true. why is that?
Its still pride to believe that you're saved when you don't even have the fruits of salvation in your life. The fruits of salvation are total deification and purification from all passions and sins. You are still bearing sins in your body if you don't have the Sacrament of Holy Baptism or the Sacrament of Holy Communion.

Jesus Himself was baptized in order to "fulfill all righteousness", if you think that Jesus did not teach a Gospel of works then you are not obeying the Scriptures.

Then your teaching a Gospel of works. Thanks for proving me right.

You ready to say your sorry Scott for saying the EO does not teach a gospel of works??
Jesus taught works. He said that a man must eat his body and drink his blood, and he taught that you must be born again of "water", for He Himself was Baptized to "fulfill all righteousness".

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
There is no such thing as "Christianity." Understood correctly, it's an okay word, but basically, it's not an okay word when you really think about it critically. There is only the Church Christ founded. And those sectarians and heretics outside of the Church. You really don't know what the Church is, do you? Christianity is an okay word if it means faith in Christ. But there are too many things that come in the name of faith in Christ that are false, like Filioquism, and sola fide and sola scriptura, and purgatory and papal indulgences and infallibility, immaculate conception of Mary. And mandatory clerical celibacy.......
hi scotty.
.....mandatory celibacy after ordination; making and bowing to/kissing icons; building churches (shrines) and writing hymns dedicated to the bones of dead people; deification; the initiation into the mysteries of the ever-virgin mary; claiming infallibility and apostolic succession; condemning believers from other denominations; ecumenism with rome; prayers to deceased; reverencing relics (bones)mysticism.....

but the Lord has many people in every city:)

love zone.

E

eternally-gratefull

We can lose salvation because the bible says so in Hebrews, and Jesus also taught it. We will never know that we are saved until we hear the words from the Lord Himself at the Last Judgment, "Well done thou good and faithful servant". Even Protestants are divided among themselves on this issue; there is no such thing as once saved always saved because people are not infallible, we are prone to lapsing from Faith just like the demons were through pride.
So in other words. we have the following liars.

Jesus

1. He claimed those who believe in him WILL HAVE (Not Might Have) Eternal life.
2. He claimed whoever comes to him, can not be plucked out of his hands. or his fathers hands.
3. He claimed who came to him he will in no wise CAST OUT
4. He claimed whoever ate the spiritula food he came to give will never hunger, never thirst, never die, have eternal life, live forever, and given his own promise he will raise them on the last day.

Paul:

1. He said we were given the HS as a seal, which guarantees our salvation until the day of redemption (the day you spoke of)
2. He claimed we ARE washed, ARE Justified from all things (not might be)
3. He claimed if Christ is in us, our SPIRIT IS ALIVE Because of Christ (Not might be)
4. He claimed we have not been given a spirit of fear. WHich you and your church want us to heave. But a spirit of love whereby we can cry out ABBA father
5. He claimed many more things which you evidently deny.
6. He declaired all wh believe in God have been justified (declared innocent ) of ALL THINGS,

John

1. He claimed we can KNOW WE HAVE Eternal life. Yet according to you we can't know until we meet Jesus face to face.

The very thing your churhc teaches, that we are saved by our good deeds, by works of religion and tradition and sacraments, these men fought with all they had. And you still refuse to hear them?

Its still pride to believe that you're saved when you don't even have the fruits of salvation in your life. The fruits of salvation are total deification and purification from all passions and sins. You are still bearing sins in your body if you don't have the Sacrament of Holy Baptism or the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
Sorry, But baptism and communion does not do anything. these are works of men, works of religion. They will not make you any more clean than OT circumcision and temple sacrifice (of which they both come from) Your church has replaced works of the OT (which Hebrews state never saved, or help save anyone) with works of the church. If the OT sacraments never as the author of hebrews says (took away sin) how do you think your NT sacraments will?

Jesus Himself was baptized in order to "fulfill all righteousness", if you think that Jesus did not teach a Gospel of works then you are not obeying the Scriptures.
So what your saying is Jesus had to be saved. Jesus was baptised, as Arron was washed. He did so to fulfill his arronic priesthood. Your twisting what really happened and trying to replace it with the works of men. Jesus called this blasphemy of the HS. And it is dangerous.

Jesus taught works. He said that a man must eat his body and drink his blood, and he taught that you must be born again of "water", for He Himself was Baptized to "fulfill all righteousness".
Jesus taught of eating the words he spoke. the spiritual food. Which whoever ate will never hunger, never thirst, live forever, never die, and given his assurance he will raise them on the last day. He confirmed this to peter when he told peter he was completely clean by the words he spoke to them. Peter confirmed them to Jesus when he claimed him to be the christ. and the words he spoke gave them eternal life.

The eucharist promises non of the things jesus guaranteed to ALL who ate his flesh and blood.

Jesus was not talking about baptism in John 3. He spoke of rebirth. spiritual rebirth. WHich he expl;ained how one was given life. WHoever believes in him will have eternal life. No baptism.

Sorry. You work your way to heaven. You have the spirit of fear.

I will have my father. And praise him for forgiving a sinner as me. Knowing even when I fail, he will not. because he can not go against himself (his promise)

If I do not HAVE eternal life. as all those men said. They are ALL liars. and we are all doomed. because the Bible is a fraud.

Mar 18, 2011
45Then in the audience of all the people he said unto his disciples,
46Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; 47Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation. (luke 20:45-47)

7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. (matthew 6:7)

Mar 18, 2011
ummm Eternally grateful, things are not as black and white as you paint them. Jesus saying "those who believe in me, will not perish but inherit everlasting life" does not necessarily mean that those who simply believe in "his existence" will be saved. The bible talks over and over again about those tree's that don't produce spiritual fruit being chopped down, and plucking the eye and casting it out rather then letting the eye lead you down to hell. Spewing from the mouth because we are lukewarm. There are quite clearly discrepencies.

It is also quite possible that when we truly "believe in" Jesus and His promise and truth that we become "God fearing" such a revelation of how small we are in comparisson with God and eternity should be enough to humble any man. That humbling may indeed enable us to be ready to recieve the Spirit of the Lord that becomes a river of life from within us, as you stated earlier. It is written that Jesus will give us a new heart. Let me ask you then my brother, can I recieve my new heart through believing in Christ and still retain my old one?

ada

Banned
Aug 25, 2011
The true Christian church which unites the people instead of splitting or fission is essential to oppose the common enemy.
Without a true church with true spiritual leaders the sheep may go astray and choose liberalism , feminism , humanism where the ultimate
truth may be get corrupted and handed to an elitist, oligarch leadership mainstream.