World's Last Chance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kenisyes

Which apparently is to find a few who can accept the truth that Jesus is not coming back for a thousand or more years at all times in history. Is that what it was? If this is the truth, then how can Jesus come back at all?

This is a famous math recreational riddle called in the old days, the "Prisoner's dilemma" (the name has now been preempted for a new mathematical puzzle). The prisoner is told by the warden that he will be executed in the month of March, but will never know in advance the day of his execution. Consequently the prisoner states "then I shall not be executed". The conclusion is correct, because if the prisoner is alive on March 30, he will know the date is March 31. Since this cannot happen, he will not be executed on the 31st. He cannot be executed on the 30th, either, since then, having eliminated the 31st, he would know it on the 29th, and so on back. It is an example of mathematical induction. The solution to the dilemma is that the warden, when confronted with this argument, states "oh, I misspoke, I meant you will never know the day in advance, unless it is the 31st". Now, did you misspeak, or do you really mean to imply that Jesus is not really coming back? Or, do you interpret the relevant Scriptures in some other way?

N

nathan3

Sorry should of quoted Ken.

I was looking at the prison warden riddle...

The Messiah of course in all His Glory
The Messiah , right, but, which one ?

Oct 31, 2011
The Messiah , right, but, which one ?
There is only one Messiah, but He has many characteristics. Messiah the Savior lived on earth as a man, He will come as a Warrior.

N

nathan3

There is only one Messiah, but He has many characteristics. Messiah the Savior lived on earth as a man, He will come as a Warrior.
There are two Messiahs Don't you know ?

N

nathan3

Mark 13:22; 2 thess 2:4; Rev 12:9; Rev 13:11-14 etc. This is the other, messiah . The fake one.