Worship is an industry?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Also the Kari Jobe site reference was pointed to by me, just to address the overall issue of worship becoming an 'industry'. It wasn't meant to imply she had less than pure reasons for being a worship leader.

J

Jullianna

We know, Stilly :D

Not even people who tease us with chocolate cheesecake could dislike Kari!!!;)

Feb 9, 2007
I don't think it's just in the music industry. Many ministries or so called ministries go under the guise of being Christ centered but actually it becomes all about the money. Compromise settles in because they don't want to offend anyone because that could be less money ect.

1still_waters

We know, Stilly :D

Not even people who tease us with chocolate cheesecake could dislike Kari!!!;)
Chocolate cheese cake IS the best. An industry we all love..:p

V

violakat

I recently saw this Pooh pic on FB that says, "I bet your reading this in my voice."
Well, I just realized, I read Stilly's stuff in his voice, as well as Jules.

L

Liz01

I think that what its important to the ppl that sell cds, books or another christian merchandise is why they are doing that, i dont remember the versicle but i think that what is not done for God is a sin or something like that, so if they do it only for the money they are in trouble with God. I think that we have the responsability to clear them that but not to force them because is a personal decision to follow what bible says or not.

V

violakat

I think that what its important to the ppl that sell cds, books or another christian merchandise is why they are doing that, i dont remember the versicle but i think that what is not done for God is a sin or something like that, so if they do it only for the money they are in trouble with God. I think that we have the responsability to clear them that but not to force them because is a personal decision to follow what bible says or not.
Actually, if they claim to do it for God, but they really do it for other reasons, then it becomes a sin. However, if they are truthful of there full intent from the beginning, that's a little bit different. That's basically what Aninias and Saphira were about. They sold land, and gave money to the church, claiming it was the whole amount, when really they kept back a portion. Their goal was to achieve honor and glory by using God, and not giving glory and honor to God.

However, I'm not sure any artist who is considered a Christian artist wants there purpose to be considered anything but of God.

L

Liz01

Actually, if they claim to do it for God, but they really do it for other reasons, then it becomes a sin. However, if they are truthful of there full intent from the beginning, that's a little bit different. That's basically what Aninias and Saphira were about. They sold land, and gave money to the church, claiming it was the whole amount, when really they kept back a portion. Their goal was to achieve honor and glory by using God, and not giving glory and honor to God.

However, I'm not sure any artist who is considered a Christian artist wants there purpose to be considered anything but of God.
I had forgotten the part of Aninias and Saphira, its very striking story in the bible.

Youre right, and i wonder how does God see us....while we see them doing the things for God, God see what we really have in our hearts........that used to be very scary before i was christian :D , now i see it a different way....but it is still impressive....