Would Jesus Forgive Osama Bin Laden?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Enkindle

Throughout time we learn of wars and death especially in the bible. Even God sent out his people to kill others. Bin Laden was absolutely an evil man, but no more evil than anyone else that sins. Jesus does not look at the severity of the sin, he looks at sin itself as being evil, all is based strictly from scripture, so lets get to the point.

freenkindle.com | INSPIRE THE WORLD, CREATE THE FUTURE

James 2:8-13
8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself,"[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, "You shall not commit adultery," also said, "You shall not murder."[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.
12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Of course it is natural for humans to hate a man like this, but the fact is Jesus still loved him and did wish he would take the opportunity to repent.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

In the old testament there is vile murders and some commanded by God. Does it make it sin? Yes, and God asks for offering so the men could become clean. A must read is the Book of Numbers, her is a few verses to sort of explain without reading the whole book.

Numbers 31
7.They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man.
17.Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.19 "Anyone who has killed someone or touched someone who was killed must stay outside the camp seven days. On the third and seventh days you must purify yourselves and your captives. 20 Purify every garment as well as everything made of leather, goat hair or wood."

This is absolutely in no way saying it is okay to kill, I am basically stating the fact that Jesus would forgive Bin Laden. The bible states we are under a new covenant, that which is a final sacrifice of Jesus Christ and his blood is in no way just for a select group of sinners or sarcastically speaking "righteous sinners". With no sin greater than the next we all know how fast the thief on the cross next to jesus was forgiven. That was the purpose of Jesus' death, he waits for our repentence and is there to forgive as we should do aswell.

Luke 15:7
7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

With this being said the answer is yes Jesus would have forgiven Osama Bin Laden if he were to repent. To understand the severity of forgiveness just look to the cross and see who was there. As I close think with a humble heart and ask what would Jesus say? In being a Christians it is important that we be "Christ-Like" and forgive others and in doing so the Lord said he would forgive us. A few more verses on forgiveness of sin.

freenkindle.com | INSPIRE THE WORLD, CREATE THE FUTURE

Romans 12:17-21
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Matthew 6:14-15

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Mark 11:25

And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."

Matthew 18:21-22

Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

1 John 2:15

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Ephesians 4:32

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

James 1:19-20

Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Romans 3:23

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Acts 10:43

To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

James 4:11-12

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Colossians 1:14

In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Feb 16, 2011
Would Jesus forgive the President of the United States for the nuclear bombing of Japan that killed 150,000-240,000 Japanese people? No one has ever done anything like what they did to Japan. Would God even call them to repentance?

S

syborg

God is not willinmg that any should perish but tht ALL will come to repentance. . God calls us all. . some hear and follow others do not. . God will forgive any who repent of heart that is after all why Jesus went to the cross. . I mean no offence to the OP but why do these types of threads keep appearing. . it concerns me that so many dont seem to understand or know Jesus at all to ask these types of questions??

A

Abiding

Of coarse God would forgive any cia member who repents.

N

NoahsMom

God would indeed forgive anyone who asks with a pure heart.