Would you consider us "compatible"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Vidy

Hey, I was having a conv with ma girlfriend the other day and she's not entirely sure if we're compatible or not. I'm going to list some of our similarities and differences, hitting at the most important ones first.

BOTH-
We are Christians
We like music, probably her a little more-so than me
uuuhhhmmm.. That's all I can think of atm XD

HER- She has a desire to travel and be spontaneous
ME- I would probably rather find a place to settle and live a "normal" life

The biggest ideological difference we have religion-wise is about God's plan.

ME- I think that he HAS a plan for us and it will all work out, and you should follow his word and do anything special he asks, but for the most part, you have a variety of choices you can make that are all in God's favor. For example, God may tell one couple that THEY are meant together, while another couple may just find each other within the boundaries God has set, and both are the SAME in their rightness with God. The couple appointed to each other isn't "better off" or something.

HER- God has ONE set plan for your life. You can choose to stray from His plan, but your life will be better off in some way if you do what God tells you. Either you will be more fulfilled, or God will be glorified when you follow His plan.

And now random stuffs-

HER- She's more sociable and "party"ish, and likes being around a crowd
ME- I like being one-on-one with people, and kinda sit down quietly at parties

HER- She thinks short-term and doesn't plan- She "goes with the flow"
ME- I think very long-term and have a vague sketch of how my future is likely to turn out, though I realize that the farther from now I get, the less "set-in-stone" it is.

Can't really think of anything else XD I'm just mainly wondering about compatibility on those first two issues. And since I WANT it to be compatible, I'll offer my (probably biased) commentary on the situations =P

#1- I said that I would probably PREFER staying at a house and not going anywhere most of the time. This is because I'm lazy, so I don't really see that as a strength XD Also, I CAN adapt to moving constantly. I've moved every 2 years for my entire life, so it's not like I can't handle the stress of constant moving. I'm going for a degree in computer-science, which is useful world-wide, so I should be able to get a job wherever she would like to go, even if she gets a job traveling. And she says if she ends up with me, she probably won't even WANT to work since I'd be supporting her, but then she would only get to travel on vacations, so I dunno...

#2- This actually kinda ties into the "if she ends up with me" part in #1 lol. The MAIN difference is that she believes God will tell you exactly what to do in every area of life, whereas I believe God has given us choices, and many of them are good and many of them are bad. Her way of thinking scares me only when it gets on the topic of our relationship, because I'm pretty sure that fitting my view, she's one of the "right" options, but fitting her view, I may not be "THE right one," =(

So, do you think that with these differences we'd be able to make it to and survive a marriage relationship? We're still too young to even really consider marriage, but as a future possibility... ? Also, I know people change, but I'm pretty sure that these things about us will remain solid lol

G

Garrison

Haven't we seen this b4? Give it your best shot is all I'll say

V

Vidy

Nope, this is my first time asking this lol. I may have asked a question asking about which side was RIGHT. But now I'm just asking if we could end up together with these different beliefs/desires =D