Would you date a person if....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 25, 2010
Would you date a person if there ex was a pyshco-stalker-creeper kind of guy or gal? I once had a friend who was dating a girl who had a wacko ex-boyfriend. My friend had some serious confrontations with her ex a few times- the psycho ex-boyfriend did threaten him a few times. They did break up a not too long after being together. I was tempted a few times to ask him if it was because of her crazy ex, but I decided against it, thinking he wouldn't want to speak about it.

How would you handle it if you were in the same situation? Does anyone have any stories of dealing with it before?

A

Aqua_Girl09

um. . . .i guess it depends on what kind of threats where made at me. if i feared for my life then i have every reason to go to the police and get a restraining order. and i'd tell my boyfriend he needs to get one too.

and if they're still hanging around he either hasn't told her off or she really IS crazy and she really DOES need a restraining order. >_>

T

Timofree

I would have a relationship with whoever was in God's will, knowing He would provide the grace if He spoke the word to be together. I don't know how I'd deal with the situation, but I know it's possible through christ strengthening me. Which may involve a restraining order, see how things are lead

J

Jullianna

I might give it a chance, but, frankly, I would question their judgment in becoming involved with someone like that if it was a long term relationship. Stuff like that doesn't always show up right away though, does it?

Crazy people come after me all the time in my job..what's one more? :)

Jul 25, 2005
Like Julianna, I'm used to crazies thanks to my profession.

I'm 70-30 in disfavor of the idea. The 30% would depend on the girl. If she is awesome and who God wants me to be with, there are ways to ward off crazies albeit difficult.

That said, I'm up to my eyeballs with them. I don't want to add another to my life.