Would you go to to a dentist who had the last four digits of his phone were "0666"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

danschance

Would you go to to a dentist who had the last four digits of his phone were "0666"?

At first I didn't think much of it but later started to wonder what type of person would want a business phone number to include 666? Here in the states, you get a limited choice on your number and he certainly could of rejected that one.

Well, would you go to him and give him your business?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Re: Would you go to to a dentist who had the last four digits of his phone were "0666

yes because its just a phone number and as long as he does his job well i honestly dont care what religion he is. hes just a dentist. this is like the people i dealt with when i was a cashier if their totl was 6.66 or even like 16.66 they would freak out and scurry around for something to buy to change....back then i was like get a grip people...turns out I guess i still am

N

Nancyer

Re: Would you go to to a dentist who had the last four digits of his phone were "0666

I personally wouldn't want that phone number but I also wouldn't pick a dentist, doctor, or anyone based on their phone number. Perhaps the number coincides with his initials - 6 on the dial equals M, N, or O. My husband has no connection to Christianity, church or God in any real sense, but he wouldn't have that phone number either. He avoids it. Strange that without a belief in God and having never read the Bible, he has a real disdain for what that number represents.

U

Ugly

This is silly superstitious thinking to be worried about a phone number. I've been a cashier and witnessed peoples totals come up to $6.66 and people will panic. They will usually buy something extra just so their total isn't 666. Or i've had peoples change come up as $6.66 and they will tell me they don't want the coins, or not all of them, because they don't want 666 back. Its ridiculous. The number 666 coming up randomly in the world, whether change, phone numbers, house numbers or whatever doesn't mean a thing. We use numbers a lot and its going to happen sometimes. Making an issue out of it is putting a lot of power in that number, power that a number, in and of itself, can't have. 666 Never bothers me in any situation. Give me all my change, dangit.

T

Tintin

It's sad that some Christians can be so superstitious. God created Maths, therefore the number 666 is his invention. The number only has as much power as you give it. I choose to give it no power over me. Stop living with a spirit of fear and start living with a boldness in Christ!

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011

The number is not evil. It is a symbol. That is it.

Mar 1, 2013

What is 1 + 665?

Oh no! It is 666! We better start removing all solutions that equal 666 from our education systems :X

1still_waters

666 is the number of a man.
Plus technically the number is 0666.
So it's not even 666.

Do we need to cut ourselves off from everyone in life who may have some connection where a series of three sixes are in their name?

D

danschance

I do appreciate humor and sarcasm, especially if it makes me laugh.

One man's superstition is another man's belief. 666 is of course just a number. Yet it is a number that has strong connotations to it. Many occultists use that number for all sorts of reasons. Alister Crowley once was in Egypt, in a museum and saw an exhibit marked 666 and that became the foundation for a now occult religion called Thelema.

I was hesitant to go to this dentist. After all, who would want to have xxx-0666 to be his/her business number? We all get to choose our phone numbers, but this dentist had no issues with it.

I attended, got an unpleasant root canal and felt confident that the dentist was not an occultist. I just wish he would of been a bit more generous with the Novocaine.

T

Tintin

We're not trying to be funny. We just don't put stock in any of these superstitions of yours, and others. Yes, some may have used these numbers/symbols etc. for occult purposes but they're corruptions of God's own work. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

U

Ugly

One man's superstition is another man's belief. 666 is of course just a number. Yet it is a number that has strong connotations to it. Many occultists use that number for all sorts of reasons. Alister Crowley once was in Egypt, in a museum and saw an exhibit marked 666 and that became the foundation for a now occult religion called Thelema.

I was hesitant to go to this dentist. After all, who would want to have xxx-0666 to be his/her business number? We all get to choose our phone numbers, but this dentist had no issues with it.

I attended, got an unpleasant root canal and felt confident that the dentist was not an occultist. I just wish he would of been a bit more generous with the Novocaine.
Well, superstition goes against the bible. Superstition is putting power in objects, animals or whatever. Such as breaking a mirror giving you 7 years bad luck. This is not a biblical concept.

T

Tintin

True, Ugly. In fact, superstition could be seen as a form of witchcraft.

J

jonrambo

the last number on my docs number is 6666. spewin coz they are a great clinic. DILEMAAAAAA! OHMYGOSH

Sep 13, 2012

he probably didnt pick this number, he got a business phone and the computer at the phone company decided this would be his number, the last 3 digits of my phone number are 9 and people even freak about that

F

ForeverHis42

I honestly don't see the big deal, but I have gathered that people think it is unlucky, like 13. Which is really ridiculous, because 13 is actually pretty lucky for those in the US. We had 13 colonies, 13 feathers on the eagle on a quarter, 13 arrows in its claw, etc, etc.

Superstitions are stupid. It's kind of like in first grade, when they would say "step on a crack, break your mom back" and I would purposely step on it to prove them wrong :)

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013

Virtually every Bible has a page 666.

harrison1982

Jun 13, 2010

666 basically means imperfection, 7 is perfection so because satan cant be perfect the number is 6 666 is the no in revelation i wouldnt worry about the dentist having that number, i mean if a dentist had a 4 leeaf clover on his jacket would that worry you ? i dont think it matters