Would you turn someone down because of where they work?

• Thread starter NodMyHeadLikeYeah
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Does Hardees Really Have The Best Biscuits EVER??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

Lalilo

The guy may do more of God's work than any member of any board. He will interact with a lot of people in one day. I was told the world is cruel today and I believe it, because people are cruel at heart. The guy is lucky he didn't end up wasting his time with her.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
You're all lying.

I would turn a girl down if she worked in the following places/industries:

- A brothel
- A strip club
- Hardees
- Softees
- Wendys
- A coal mine
- A steel mill
- Construction sites
- Flight attendant
- Architect
- Farmer
- Car dealership
- Mechanic
- Masseuse
- Sweatshop
- Hairdresser
- Beauty store
- Physiotherapist
- Nurse
- Doctor
- Hospital

Acceptable jobs include:

- Book store
- Psychologist
- Librarian
- Chemist
- Florist
- Philosopher
- Interior designer

The end.

T

truffleshuffle

only if he worked here.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
You're all lying.

- A brothel
- A strip club
- Hardees
- Softees
- Wendys
- A coal mine
- A steel mill
- Construction sites
- Flight attendant
- Architect
- Farmer
- Car dealership
- Mechanic
- Masseuse
- Sweatshop
- Hairdresser
- Beauty store
- Physiotherapist
- Nurse
- Doctor
- Hospital

Acceptable jobs include:

- Book store
- Psychologist
- Librarian
- Chemist
- Florist
- Philosopher
- Interior designer

The end.
Yeah, nice list. I'll have to make one of my own.

T

thimsrebma

You're all lying.

- A brothel
- A strip club
- Hardees
- Softees
- Wendys
- A coal mine
- A steel mill
- Construction sites
- Flight attendant
- Architect
- Farmer
- Car dealership
- Mechanic
- Masseuse
- Sweatshop
- Hairdresser
- Beauty store
- Physiotherapist
- Nurse
- Doctor
- Hospital

Acceptable jobs include:

- Book store
- Psychologist
- Librarian
- Chemist
- Florist
- Philosopher
- Interior designer

The end.
Why are architect, nurse, doctor and hospital unacceptable?

D

dovey

I guess I am shallow...lol..and about more that where a guy works. I am shollow about how he looks, smells, speaks....understands art, nature, how athletic he is....:) what can I say I am attracted to really good looking ambitous guys. That being said, if he was writting a book based in a fast food place, working hard to support a sick parent, doing something interesting while working in fast food, or felt lead there by God that would change everything. I like people who dream big, work hard, and pray without ceasing :)

grace

Sep 8, 2006
I guess I am shallow...lol..and about more that where a guy works. I am shollow about how he looks, smells, speaks....understands art, nature, how athletic he is....:) what can I say I am attracted to really good looking ambitous guys. That being said, if he was writting a book based in a fast food place, working hard to support a sick parent, doing something interesting while working in fast food, or felt lead there by God that would change everything. I like people who dream big, work hard, and pray without ceasing :)
.....And all we know from the orriginal poster is that her friend was crazy interested in this guy, had already arranged plans with him, and the moment she found out he worked at Hardees, she *dumped* him and the idea of him. It does not seem like she found out WHY he was working there.

With that said, you are saying something TOTALLY different. Yes, I find ambition VERY attractive as well. BUT, I also find contentment VERY attractive. Lets not confuse contentment with complacency though. (because I do not find complanceny attractive, and I could see that being a potential deal breaker depending on certain circimstances)

So for me to say that yes, I found the Orriginal posters friend shallow....I still stand by that, because from the side of it that we heard that was presented to us, it was very shallow.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Yeah I totally agree with what you said there Grace. Except the what I'm attracted to parts.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
Why are architect, nurse, doctor and hospital unacceptable?
I fight architects for a living. I would argue with her all the time.

Nurses and doctors touch people and their germs. No germs.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Wouldn't want to get cooties now. :D