wow i write tooo many of these:)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

angelos

the two greatest commandments are to love the lord your god with all your heart mind strength and soul and to love your neighbor as yourself. Which one are you breaking by cutting your hear, wearing jewelry, jeans, etc and why?

Dec 19, 2009
but, i was wondering about dress and clothing. i recall in the bible that we are supposed to reflect God and dress somewhat modestly. but how exactly? am i supposed to throw everything i own out and go buy some turtlenecks? what? i kind of want to throw most of my clothes out...but i dont really have the money to buy a new wardrobe. i know the inside is more important, but the outside is supposed to reflect my christian inside... what do you think? how are christian teens supposed to dress? btw, i dont dress that badly, i hate short shorts, i do not wear low tops, my jeans could be a little less tight but i still feel awkward...
Yes, dress modestly. Use your best judgment.

D

Dmurray

I had revelation about these 2 commandments. It's not that the law doesn't exist anymore, but that the law is still there and Christ fulfilled it. Now because Christ is the Holy Ghost, if we follow after the Holy Ghost by those 2 commandments then we too will fulfill the law. Because Christ has fulfilled the law.

Now I don't believe we can fulfill the law completely because we don't always follow the straight and narrow path of the Spirit. As humans it is natural for us to stray away from that path, but as long as we stay on that path we will fulfill the law by following Christ.

[FONT=&quot]Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 19, 2009
but, i was wondering about dress and clothing. i recall in the bible that we are supposed to reflect God and dress somewhat modestly. but how exactly? am i supposed to throw everything i own out and go buy some turtlenecks? what? i kind of want to throw most of my clothes out...but i dont really have the money to buy a new wardrobe. i know the inside is more important, but the outside is supposed to reflect my christian inside... what do you think? how are christian teens supposed to dress? btw, i dont dress that badly, i hate short shorts, i do not wear low tops, my jeans could be a little less tight but i still feel awkward...
I think this Scripture advises us to dress modestly:

[22] And convince some, who doubt;
[23] save some, by snatching them out of the fire; on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Jude 22-23 RSV

S

ShelleBelle76

I had revelation about these 2 commandments. It's not that the law doesn't exist anymore, but that the law is still there and Christ fulfilled it. Now because Christ is the Holy Ghost, if we follow after the Holy Ghost by those 2 commandments then we too will fulfill the law. Because Christ has fulfilled the law.

Now I don't believe we can fulfill the law completely because we don't always follow the straight and narrow path of the Spirit. As humans it is natural for us to stray away from that path, but as long as we stay on that path we will fulfill the law by following Christ.

[FONT=&quot]Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.[/FONT]
By George I think he's got it!!! That is awesome... that's the same understanding I came to. Doesn't it make perfect sense? I am so glad you are one who's heart is open to really understanding the truth. Keep it up man! :)

A

angelos

Right ^_^ if we follow the spirit we follow God although The Spirit is Not Jesus

May 21, 2009
Don't let anyone judge you! I repeat don't let anyone judge you! God is looking at your heart. Anyone looking at your clothes and judging you will be judged by God almighty.

You can not live your life because there are perverts out there lusting after you.

If God wants you to change something then God can talk to you about it.

D

Dmurray

You can not live your life because there are perverts out there lusting after you.
I don't think we should walk around making people sin though. Is that what Jesus would do?

Right ^_^ if we follow the spirit we follow God although The Spirit is Not Jesus
I'm not going into this too much, and I will end at this. "Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. "

B

Blueberry

Skirts below the knees, no pants at all, uncut hair, no makeup no jewlery except wedding/promise ring and watch (depending on what it is I suppose). Not tight clothing,

Uncut hair: 1Co 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
1Co 11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

So what this is saying is, if you are praying or prophecying with your head uncovered you are dishonoring God. Now if the woman isn't covered let her also be shorn (shorn means to shear, so cut your hair) but if it be a shame to be shorn or shaven let her be covered.

So basically in God's eye if the woman is going to cut her hair, to him you are like shaving your head. Remember God has high standards.

Skirts: Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Pants were invented for men. Women didn't start to wear pants really until the 1950's

Jewlery: 1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

So be modest, don't be wearing gold or costly things of the world, because when it comes to women lets face it, if one see's one wearing something expensive the other wants it, and it causes competition between them. God doesn't want that, so let us just not wear that kind of stuff.

God Bless.

If you want something more in depth give me a day or so to ask my mom about it, or research it a bit more. Just send me a PM if you want to discuss it. :D
(PS Sorry if I sound un-loving about it. Just wanted to get to the point and not dilly dally with it)
Wow! Do you follow all the laws of the Old Testament. I mean do you not mix certain cottons and wools? Do you still eat shrimp because the OT did ban that and pork too? This sounds like a lot of legal codswollop.
In christ we are free and covered by grace. Women dress modestly and appropriately that is dignified and bring respect, glory and honour to God. There are no laws about it now, just let the love of Christ lead you and follow those guidelines bringing glory to God. It means respecting men by not wearing alluring clothes that reveal every bit of flesh you have, and respecting yourself by being a woman of dignity. God Bless.

D

Dmurray

Once again I say, those are NT scriptures, not the jewish law, except for the one in DEUT, there is a scripture about skirts in the NT as well I just don't know where it is at the moment.

A

angelos

Once again I say, those are NT scriptures, not the jewish law, except for the one in DEUT, there is a scripture about skirts in the NT as well I just don't know where it is at the moment.
most of those had to do because that was a sign of being a prostitute

D

Dmurray

You can apply them for many different reasons though. So men don't look at you with lust, so there isn't "competition" between women, to not induldge in worldly things, to show that you are a women, to not show off your figure.

Related to prostitution or not. God said you are dishonoring him by cutting your hair. (for Women)

D

Dmurray

I try not to turn to mans commentary at this time. I want to seek after God first and what it says. Either way, you can't hurt anything by doing what God saidto do can you? I don't think so :)

A

angelos

you know the way you read it is in itself a commentary and interpretation of what you think and is influenced by your human nature and how do you know the spirit wasn't influencing his writing?

D

Dmurray

I don't know, but my Pastor asked me to pass things by him before I read them, and I should respect his wishes. I know that's what God would want. As I too feel the calling for ministry, I don't want to be strayed off in the wrong path. :) So for now I'm just sticking to the Bible.

T

tkgurl

thank you for your opinions. what all of you have said has made me think of another discussion:)

G

greatkraw

There is a good verse that says not to tempt people with your clothing, and I think that's the best way to go. Your clothing should frame your face not your body. This goes for men and women alike.

I defy you to produce the verse

the definition of legalism is claiming the Bible says something it does not