YHVH'S HEART

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 18, 2011
ISAIAH 58:13-14 13) "IF YOU TURN AWAY YOUR FOOT FROM THE
SABBATH,
FROM DOING YOUR PLEASURE ON MY HOLY
DAY,
AND CALL THE SABBATH A DELIGHT,
THE HOLY DAY OF YHVH HONORABLE,
AND SHALL HONOR HIM, NOT DOING YOUR OWN
WAYS,
NOR FINDING YOUR OWN PLEASUR,
NOR SPEAKING YOUR OWN WORDS,
14) THEN YOU SHALL DELIGHT YOURSELF IN
YHVH;
AND I WILL CAUSE YOU TO RIDE ON THE HIGH
HILLS OF THE EARTH,
AND FEED YOU WITH THE HERITAGE OF JACOB
YOUR FATHER.
THE MOUTH OF YHVH HAS SPOKEN."

PROVERBS 28:9 ONE WHO TURNS AWAY HIS EAR FROM HEARING THE TORAH,
EVEN HIS PRAYER IS AN ABOMINATION.

JOHN 15:10 " IF YOU KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS, YOU WILL ABIDE IN MY LOVE, JUST AS I HAVE KEPT MY FATHER'S COMMANDMENTS AND ABIDE IN HIS LOVE."

JOHN 14:10 "DO YOU NOT BELIEVE THAT I AM IN THE FATHER, AND THE FATHER IN ME? THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK TO YOU I DO NOT SPEAK ON MY OWN AUTHORITY; BUT THE FATHER WHO DWELLS IN ME DOES THE WORKS.

THIS IS YHVH'S HEART, THIS IS YESHUA, AND WE ARE TO IMITATE HIM. SHALOM

P

prophecyman

Avinu, I just love you! I can percieve the total commitment to YHVH/Yeshua.

May 18, 2011
Avinu, I just love you! I can percieve the total commitment to YHVH/Yeshua.
Thank you achi, thank you so much, ani ohev, achi. Shabbat Shalom

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
Praise the Lord for the Sabbath. God is our creator and our redeemer. praise His name.

I will delight in the Sabbath of the Lord. For in it God rested and blessed it. the 7th day and no other.

I will not profane His name by taking to myself my own day but will glorify His name by remembering the day He has given.

Can a man change what God has spoken?
Can a man bring forth a day?

Truly it is the foolishness of man that says, I will give God my own day. yet are not all days the Lord's? and did not He who lives forever set aside a day for rest?. namely the 7th day. For He spoke through His prophets saying. "The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God"

and again He declares of those who keep His Sabbath Holy. "I will be there God and they shall be my children" and again "let it be a sign between me and them that they may know that I am the Lord who Sanctifies them"

Yet Man has done even as Cain did. I will give the best of my garden. yet did not the Lord ordain that the lamb without blemish shall be unto Him and offering.

Likewise shall a man say: I will give to God this day or that day. Has not God already ordained a day? shall man dishonour God by saying I will keep my own day.

God spoke of the 7th day in this way. shall we not honour the Day of the Lord?

If God be God then worship Him in love and obedience.
Give to the Lord God almighty that which he has asked and you will do well.

Praise and Honour and Glory and power unto our God.

A

AnandaHya

Hi Avinu this is my favorite psalm :)

Psalm 19

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
2 Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line[a] has gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.

In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
And rejoices like a strong man to run its race.
6 Its rising is from one end of heaven,
And its circuit to the other end;
And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple;
8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes;
9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold,
Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11 Moreover by them Your servant is warned,
And in keeping them there is great reward.

12 Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse me from secret faults.
13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
And I shall be innocent of great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

Shouldn't we be meditating on God's Words every day and delight in doing His will always praying without ceasing?

anyway hope you are having a better week :)

is it sabbath day now?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRF0qOsoyjk[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UisWBQUm1b8&feature=related[/video]

found these online and thought you might like them. have a blessed night :)

L

Laodicea

ISAIAH 58:13-14 13) "IF YOU TURN AWAY YOUR FOOT FROM THE
SABBATH,
FROM DOING YOUR PLEASURE ON MY HOLY
DAY,
AND CALL THE SABBATH A DELIGHT,
THE HOLY DAY OF YHVH HONORABLE,
AND SHALL HONOR HIM, NOT DOING YOUR OWN
WAYS,
NOR FINDING YOUR OWN PLEASUR,
NOR SPEAKING YOUR OWN WORDS,
14) THEN YOU SHALL DELIGHT YOURSELF IN
YHVH;
AND I WILL CAUSE YOU TO RIDE ON THE HIGH
HILLS OF THE EARTH,
AND FEED YOU WITH THE HERITAGE OF JACOB
YOUR FATHER.
THE MOUTH OF YHVH HAS SPOKEN."

PROVERBS 28:9 ONE WHO TURNS AWAY HIS EAR FROM HEARING THE TORAH,
EVEN HIS PRAYER IS AN ABOMINATION.

JOHN 15:10 " IF YOU KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS, YOU WILL ABIDE IN MY LOVE, JUST AS I HAVE KEPT MY FATHER'S COMMANDMENTS AND ABIDE IN HIS LOVE."

JOHN 14:10 "DO YOU NOT BELIEVE THAT I AM IN THE FATHER, AND THE FATHER IN ME? THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK TO YOU I DO NOT SPEAK ON MY OWN AUTHORITY; BUT THE FATHER WHO DWELLS IN ME DOES THE WORKS.

THIS IS YHVH'S HEART, THIS IS YESHUA, AND WE ARE TO IMITATE HIM. SHALOM
God Bless you Avinu, I like theses verses in Isaiah the Pharisees made the sabbath a burden but it is meant to be a delight, it is the best day of the week for me and I am sure for you as well

L

Laodicea

Praise the Lord for the Sabbath. God is our creator and our redeemer. praise His name.

I will delight in the Sabbath of the Lord. For in it God rested and blessed it. the 7th day and no other.

I will not profane His name by taking to myself my own day but will glorify His name by remembering the day He has given.

Can a man change what God has spoken?
Can a man bring forth a day?

Truly it is the foolishness of man that says, I will give God my own day. yet are not all days the Lord's? and did not He who lives forever set aside a day for rest?. namely the 7th day. For He spoke through His prophets saying. "The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God"

and again He declares of those who keep His Sabbath Holy. "I will be there God and they shall be my children" and again "let it be a sign between me and them that they may know that I am the Lord who Sanctifies them"

Yet Man has done even as Cain did. I will give the best of my garden. yet did not the Lord ordain that the lamb without blemish shall be unto Him and offering.

Likewise shall a man say: I will give to God this day or that day. Has not God already ordained a day? shall man dishonour God by saying I will keep my own day.

God spoke of the 7th day in this way. shall we not honour the Day of the Lord?

If God be God then worship Him in love and obedience.
Give to the Lord God almighty that which he has asked and you will do well.

Praise and Honour and Glory and power unto our God.
Yes both Cain and Abel worshiped God one followed God's way the other his own. Revelation says that in the last days there will be 2 classes of worshipers those who worship the beast and those who worship God correctly

May 18, 2011
Shouldn't we be meditating on God's Words every day and delight in doing His will always praying without ceasing?

anyway hope you are having a better week :)

is it sabbath day now?
Thank you AnandaHya, yes meditate 24/7/365. Yes it is Sabbath. Thanks for the songs. I love the Tehilim(Psalms) Did you know that Psalm 92 is called the Sabbath Psalm? It's pretty cool. Shalom

A

AnandaHya

Thank you AnandaHya, yes meditate 24/7/365. Yes it is Sabbath. Thanks for the songs. I love the Tehilim(Psalms) Did you know that Psalm 92 is called the Sabbath Psalm? It's pretty cool. Shalom
so am I gonna get in trouble if I bake cookies and go around giving them out to friends today?

cuz I kind of told the kids that was what we were going to do :)

May 18, 2011
God Bless you Avinu, I like theses verses in Isaiah the Pharisees made the sabbath a burden but it is meant to be a delight, it is the best day of the week for me and I am sure for you as well
Amen Laodicea, it is the best day of the week, I look forward to it more than any other day. It is truly a delight. YHVH Bless you achi.

A

Abiding

Love this thread...nice to enjoy the family and have unity :)

Feb 9, 2010
I do not believe the sabbath was given to the New Testament Church as a day of rest,but only given to the Jews in the Old Testament as a day of rest.

God created the earth,so the Jews celebrated a day of rest,the 7th day.

Jesus said He went to prepare a place for us,the kingdom of God,the New Jerusalem,and we celebrate that new earth,a spiritual rest.

When we receive the Spirit we obey the sabbath,a spiritual rest.

When we get to the kingdom of God,the New Jerusalem,it is spiritual.

The Bible says that the kingdom of God is within you,by having the Spirit,so if you have the Spirit you belong to the kingdom of God,so you have that spiritual rest.

In the Old Testament it was a physical rest,a physical rest,and in the New Testament it is a spiritual rest,a spiritual sabbath,in which you obey the sabbath by receiving that spiritual rest.

The Old Testament physical ordinances,including the sabbath,cannot perfect anyone spiritual to have salvation,because they are physical ordinances,which was a school teacher until Christ came.

The Bible says that which is natural is first,and then that which is spiritual,which it became spiritual when Christ came,so everything before that was natural and could not lead to salvation,because it was physical ordinances,although it did keep them right before God while on earth,but could not grant them heaven to be with God.

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ(Colossians 2:14-17).

The Bible says that Jesus took the physical ordinances of Israel,and nailed them to His cross,and took them out of the way,because they were contrary to us.

The physical ordinances were against us,and that is because they could not provide spiritual salvation.They were against us because they could not provide spiritual salvation,but they were for Israel to keep them right before God,while on earth,but could not give them spiritual salvation.

Jesus took the physical ordinances out of the way,and replaced it with spiritual that gives us salvation to be in heaven.

That is why the Bible tells us to not let any man judge us concerning the physical ordinances,which means they cannot tell you to keep them,because Jesus took them out of the way,because they could not give us spiritual salvation.

The Bible says let no man judge you concerning holy days,and the sabbath days,which means they cannot tell you to keep them,and when you have the Spirit it is spiritual and a person does not go by the physical ordinances of Israel.

The Bible says the physical ordinances are a shadow of things to come,but the body is of Christ,which means when you receive the Spirit,you are part of the body of Christ,and the shadow is past,and the physical ordinances do not have to observed.

10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear(Isaiah 28:10-12).

The only way this can apply is to the New Testament saints,in which God says that this is the rest where you may cause the weary to rest,and this is the refreshing,but they would not hear.

When you receive the Spirit,it is a spiritual rest,and God said that is the rest where you may cause the weary to rest,and not a physical day of rest.

But God said that they would not hear,and want to judge you and say keep the holy days,and the sabbaths,which the Bible says they cannot judge you concerning the physical ordinances.

That is what I get from the Bible.If people want people to believe in their belief,they need to explain it better for their position,and then maybe some people will say,you are right,but I do not see any other explanation,when the Bible says Jesus took the physical ordinances out of the way,including holy days,and sabbath days,and nobody can tell you to observe them.

The only way the physical ordinances of Israel can benefit us,is if we live forever and stay on this earth,with no spiritual kingdom,but we know Jesus is creating a spiritual kingdom for the saints.

And we do have to keep God's commandments,for Paul said we do not make the law void,but we establish it,and obeying the sabbath is by receiving the Spirit,and a spiritual rest,for that which is natural is first,and then that which is spiritual,which it became spiritual in the New Testament,and not in the Old Testament.

The Old Testament was known for physical blessings,to bless someone while on earth,but could not proceed any farther,and the New Testament blesses spiritually,and for people who think,what about Enoch and Elijah caught up to heaven.

Jesus said no man has ascended to heaven before Him,so where they went could not have been the heaven that Jesus ascended to,although they would of had access to it after Jesus put His blood on the mercy seat in heaven,but that is not the New Jerusalem.

May 18, 2011
Your decision to not believe in sabbath doesn't make it so, as the old saying goes 'your beliefs are irrelevent to the facts. You choose to not see it, period. There are way too many Sabbath scriptures in OT and NT that proves Sabbath is for all. You just don't want to see it so you can do what you want. And that's you decision. Oh and by the way, you said it was for the jews? Well it was given to Israel not the jews, the jews are of the tribe of Judah, 2) Eph. 2:11-13, Galatians 3:26-29 and Romans 11 all say we are now a part of Israel because we have received Yeshua as Messiah and therefore are partakers of the Covenant of Abraham, and grafted into the tree of Israel. So I encourage you to do some more studying on scripture, I mean all of the bible not just the last 1/3 of it. You understand the end without the beginning. Shalom

A

Abiding

It should also be said of our need of the Holyspirit to be helping
our understanding since the commandments only brought death to us.
And look to the new covenant and its implications.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Of all ten commandments, God gave the most instruction concerning idolatry and keeping Sabbath. The first instruction of keeping the Sabbath is to remember. We are to remember something that already exists. Sabbath was not a new instruction to the children of Israel. They knew about it from their ancestors before God spoke from the mountain. Therefore, the proper understanding of Sabbath begins with the creation story. God confirmed this by concluding the commandment with a review of the creation – For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth
Actually, holy means "separate." God Himself made the Sabbath holy when He separated it from the days of creation. Holy is something that God is and does. We don't do anything to make it holy; it already is. We have been instructed to "keep it holy," which means we are not to make it "common" as other days or to "profane" it by making it the same as the other days. Man does not make anything holy; man is instructed to simply recognize something as holy and not "mess it up."
Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day…
Colossians 2:16
The commandments of the Lord are not the commandments of men; therefore, you should not allow a man to usurp the position of the Lord in determining how to keep His commandments. This is particularly true when it comes to keeping the Sabbath. You should keep it to the Lord, not to men for them to see (and approve or disapprove). Maybe this is why Yeshua made the statement He made concerning Himself and the Sabbath.
We are not to work or be the cause of others to work.
In those days I [Nehemiah] saw in Judah some who were treading wine presses on the Sabbath, and bringing in sacks of grain and loading them on donkeys, as well as wine, grapes, figs, and all kinds of loads, and they brought them into Jerusalem on the Sabbath day. So I admonished them on the day they sold food. Also men of Tyre were living there who imported fish and all kinds of merchandise, and sold them to the sons of Judah on the Sabbath, even in Jerusalem. Then I reprimanded the nobles of Judah and said to them, "What is this evil thing you are doing, by profaning the Sabbath day

From the teachings of Monte Judah

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
The New covenant is this:

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

notice that the new covenant is to write Gods laws on our hearts and in our minds. None the less this Covenant is not new as many of us understand new.

God made a covenant with Israel and they broke it and thus it faded away. the new covenant is a renewing of the old. how so you ask?

remember that a covenant says if you obey I will.... and if you break then this will happen....
when a covenant is broken then it becomes obsolete. thus in the mercy of God almighty He renews that same covenant but it is new in that it is drawn up again. notice the old testament scripture to Israel.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This has always been the case with God. lets take a look at the covenant given to Abraham

Gen 17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

The essence of the covenant/promise with Abraham was to make nations of Him.

why did God chose Abraham?

Answer: Gen 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

because Abraham obeyed Gods laws, commandments and statutes.

Why did God free Israel from Egypt?

Answer: Exo 2:24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
Exo 2:25 And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God had respect unto them.

It was the covenant with Abraham that caused Got to save Israel. notice that the covenant was with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and now Israel. all in the same line all the same covenant.

Notice again:

Exo 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
Exo 6:4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
Exo 6:5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.

this is not a new covenant but the same one God gave to Abraham.

What was the covenant with Israel that was the same as with Abraham?

Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

notice that the covenant is the ten commandments. remember that the blessings and promises came to Abraham why?

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

The ten commandments were not new with Israel. the promise was and has always been in condition to obedience to Gods law.

Remember that a covenant has blessings or rewards if you keep it and curses or punishments if you do not. In Abraham case the blessings was to become a nation and to live in the land God was going to give them. what was this land?

Heb 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

notice the promise even Abraham understood to be the heavenly city and not one of earth.

Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

notice we are told that they have not yet received it not until we are made perfect with them. In other words we are also heirs of the same promise the same covenant given to Abraham and passed to Israel.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Notice we are heirs of the same promise the same covenant.

This is why the new covenant is about the law of God being written in our heart and in our mind. thus if we obey Gods commandments then we are heirs of the same promise. the covenant has always been the same promise based on the same condition. there is much more to say about this but this is sufficient for now.

blessings