You just had to know him...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NukePooch

So, today I attended the funeral of my best friend Tom's Dad. Fred died earlier this week from an unexpected stroke.

Fred was one of the good ones. Quiet, reserved, a good father, avid gun collector, hard worker, and a great storyteller. He was also an outdoorsman, a hunter, a fisher, a shooter, a classic car fanatic...

His three children were at the funeral home earlier in the week, listening to the sales pitch on the various kinds of urns that were available (as Dad's wishes were to be cremated). They all seemed to get the same idea at the same time...

There, today, at the funeral, sitting on the table between two vases full of red, white, and blue flowers, next to the American flag presented to him for his service in the US Navy, was the ashes of Fred. In a green, military ammo can.

Turns out, this very ammo can was given by Fred to his son, Tom, when he was 11-years-old.

For anyone else, it wouldn't have fit, but it was perfect for Fred. Absolutely perfect.

Attachments

J

Jullianna

Sounds perfect :)

Jun 25, 2010
I wish I could "like" a million times over. Thanks for blessing us with some of what you saw and heard today.

Jul 25, 2005
Sounds like America has lost another one of her unsung heroes.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Having lost a few friends in the past ten years to these wars I can understand...sometimes the smallest things mean the most