Your repellant may attract the right person

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Every positive quality has a correlating negative quality.

Warm climates in the winter, tend to have HOT HOT HOT climates in the summer.
Yards with lots of pretty well groomed flowers, tend to take a lot of labor and work.

The same can be said of certain personality traits.

A strong focused person, may not be the most tender-hearted.
A sensitive, caring, more emotional person, may not be the solid rock you need to lean on.
(Yes there are a gazillion shades of nuance to the above scenarios that someone could say NU-UH too. But in general me thinks you see where I'm headed with this.)

All too often people focus on their negative (repellant) qualities, forgetting that those qualities may have a positive corresponding side.

So chin up single folks. Your repellant may be what attracts the right person.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010

THE ULTIMATE REPELLENT!! :D

J

Jullianna

Single female neatfreak workaholic loves firearms/law enforcement/martial arts/sarcasm/people who don't talk much seeks equally repellant single male. If interested, fire off a round or two and I'll find you, Mister.;)

Attachments

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

This is what my repelant attracts on here

shawntc

May 7, 2010
Stilly, what has led you to become so active in this particular forum recently?

K

kayem77

So you are saying that everytime I feel stupid or ridiculous I might be attractin somebody who likes stupid or ridiculous people ?

G

GreenNnice

stillwater said:
A sudden spurt of cleverness
I'm waiting for the clever part to begin..
:p
Clever. ^ :D

So you are saying that everytime I feel stupid or ridiculous I might be attractin somebody who likes stupid or ridiculous people ?
Stilledwater is saying , kayM, that when everyone else , like every other guy at the table of your get together done at the local pizza place after Tuesday night singles, finds you unattractive for being yourself , there is, too, ONE guy you will not repel for what you say:) So, all these cute girls around, let's just say, they are all gaga over this certain guy but it is YOU He likes because you are the only girl there that said she wants to be a missionary when all the other girls answer other things.

Ok, let me clarify not that many guys are looking for a girl who wants to be a missionary most want someone else because that career is quite different than most, and, perceived negatively too, by most but not that.......

...one. :)

The Lord leads, milady.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

simplyme_bekah

Oh the thought of being single again and all the hoops you gotta jump through and unspoken rules you have to follow and being all sweet all the time.....ugh....I so pray for the single folks out there for real for patience, a toss of lucky, and the ability to sustain oneself. And blessings to ya also

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
I am right now thinking of the kind of guy who would actually be drawn to all the bizarre aspects of my personality, and I can't help but think:

Run, Sistah, he'd have to be nuts!

Sooo....I'm repelled by the guy who would be attracted to my repellant? :confused: Head is spinning.......

G

GreenNnice

I am right now thinking of the kind of guy who would actually be drawn to all the bizarre aspects of my personality, and I can't help but think:

Run, Sistah, he'd have to be nuts!

Sooo....I'm repelled by the guy who would be attracted to my repellant? :confused: Head is spinning.......
Look at the first two words of what you said, snackers, and ask that person if you should be running, or, become nuts :D
_________
But, past, "I AM' looked to, hmm, yes, I guess, to put things on a human scale, that is something you just said that means something more than just something, I guess, is the best way I can put it without sounding too confusing sounding about something . The Lord leads, and, I will just say you have a lot of bizarrely attractive qualities, I'm sure, to the right guy who wants a 'potter' to try and make something of a relationship with .

But, yes, the Lord leads, let Him shape you and, thereby, that will shape things too, not some things either, God shapes all things, and, ships us off somewhere else if we or the other person is not in the right shape :D :)

D

djness

Single female neatfreak workaholic loves firearms/law enforcement/martial arts/sarcasm/people who don't talk much seeks equally repellant single male. If interested, fire off a round or two and I'll find you, Mister.;)
Desk Pop! It's a real thing right? Right Jullianna?

J

Jullianna

Ours was more like a goofball accidentally dropped it on the squad room floor kinda thing, djness :)

A

adekruif

So if you're using bug spray who would you be attracting??? You've got me scratching my head on this one.

On a more serious note....We can't just sit back and use the excuse of "our negative attributes might attract somebody" to not try and change those negative attributes.

Last edited: