Your toilet could explode--Flushmate recall..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Hopefully these aren't being used in Sochi in those double stalls. Link

Anyways...faulty toilet flushers could cause your toilet to explode.

WASHINGTON -- Watch out for exploding toilets.

Flushmate, the maker of a high-pressure flushing system sold at Home Depot and Lowe's, is expanding its recall of the parts, because they can burst near a seam with force enough to shatter the toilet tank.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says Thursday that the company is recalling 351,000 units in the U.S. and about 9,400 units in Canada of the Series 503 Flushmate 111 Pressure Assist flushing systems installed inside toilet tanks that were made from March 2008 through June 2009.
There were no reports of injuries, but Flushmate has received three reports of the units included in the recall bursting, resulting in property damage.
The move expands upon a June 2012 recall of the same systems made from October 1997 through February 2008. At that time, 2.3 million units in the U.S. and 9,400 in Canada were recalled.
The consumer agency says consumers should immediately stop using the recalled system, turn off the water supply to the unit, flush the toilet to release the internal pressure and contact the firm to request a free repair kit.
Flushmate of New Hudson, Mich., is a division of Sloan Valve Co.
Parts that can cause toilets to explode are recalled | 7online.com

S

ServantStrike

I have a friend with one of these toilets.

He insists they recalled them because they were too powerful and could create a vacuum sealing you to the toilet if you flushed it sitting down, ripping out parts of your lower intestine. But I never believed him on that one, seeing as even vacuum toilets can't do that.

D

DragonSlayer

No way ! I recall a similar story about a toilet which exploded in an African-American home.
Later, the man was terrified at the idea to sit on this toilet again, and I can understand why.

S

ServantStrike

No way ! I recall a similar story about a toilet which exploded in an African-American home.
Later, the man was terrified at the idea to sit on this toilet again, and I can understand why.
Well, if you soil yourself in terror, doing it on the John is a good place to do it!

Either that or a crowded elevator.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Let hope they sort it out otherwise something may well hit the fan.