ZEALOUS TO DO GOOD

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

bluearchimedes

Junior Member
Jul 4, 2016
19
4
3
From time to time, my friends and I gather at a local gym to play some basketball. During the time of practice shooting, I imagine that there are three seconds left to go in a major game. I have the basketball in my hands, and I am set to make the game-winning three-point basket. I release the ball from my hand at the last possible millisecond. As the imaginary buzzer sounds, I see the basketball “swish” into the hoop. I celebrate my shot with intense jubilation even though the other players look at me as if I am crazy. It doesn’t matter what they think.

In Galatians 4:18 (NKJV), the Apostle Paul states, “t is good to be zealous in a good thing always.” What this means is that we should be eager to do the right thing no matter what others may think. As followers of Christ, we are supposed to focus on doing good. Sometimes, it’s not easy, especially when there seems to be so much evil in the world. But as the Apostle Paul also states in Romans 12:21 (KJV), “Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.”

There is a variety of ways to do good. Evangelism, the spreading of the Good News of Jesus Christ to non-Christians, is the best thing we can do for the Kingdom of God. Encouraging our fellow Christians is another good work since it builds up the body of Christ. I know from experience that there have been times my spiritual batteries needed to be recharged, and my brothers in Christ have been there to help me get my enthusiasm back. Volunteering at a local food pantry is never a waste of time. I remember giving one little girl a bottle of water because she was so thirsty. Her family was so thankful that someone took the time to meet her need. Praying for someone is a great way to do good. When we pray for someone, it indicates that we care for that person.

I am sure that if we look for opportunities to do good, they will come. As Jesus says in Matthew 7:7 (NKJV), “Seek and you shall find.” Pray that God will give you opportunities to do good. May you be encouraged to be zealous in doing good.