1500 pastors leaving ministry a month....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

So to the OP a church should have no leader at all? No one to speak the word? How do you think church gov't,for lack of a better word,should be set up?

L

Least

Hebrews 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things that that of Abel.
Hebrews 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Hebrews 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Hebrews 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

I believe the shaking is happening too Yet, I personally know a few pastors ( as well as members,) who have left certain denominational churches, not because they weren't called to pastor, teach or serve, but because they were shaken in the doctrines held by the particular denomination. They also haven't walked away from God but have drawn more near to Him and are still doing the work of their calling in other ways where doors have been opened for them to do so.

I don't believe that the original post was meant to down pastors, as we know that Christ gives gifts for the perfecting of the saints, the work of the ministry and for the edifying of the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

It makes perfect sense reading through the accounts written of the earliest church:

Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Acts 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Acts 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

When the Gentiles were brought in the different churches were taught the same thing. There were not many different denominations, but one.

Today, according to the, "Center for the Study of Global Christianity," there are over 41,000 denominations.

"According to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity (CSGC) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, there are approximately 41,000 Christian denominations and organizations in the world. This statistic takes into consideration cultural distinctions of denominations in different countries, so there is overlapping of many denominations.
Center for the Study of Global Christianity (2011)
"

I would make sense (to me) that things are being shaken so that the things that cannot be shaken will remain.

R

Rosy123

God told us to have no idols before Him .. our first commandment from Him is as it is written " Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy strength".. however we are no longer under the law... we love Him, because He first loved us... we all have a direct path to Him , Christ is our High priest. He knows how to do this thing better than any of us :)
revelation 21:23
revelation 21:24
revelation 22:5

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Under the law?