Animals/Pets in Heaven

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sammiekate1

Hi, everyone! I am new to this all and this is the first thing I have ever posted, so if this is not the way to do it, please tell me! Thanks :)
My pastor recently did I series of sermons on Heaven, and one entire sermon was about how there will not be animals or pets in Heaven. Even though it was a very nice service, I can't say that I agree with him. I have done my own studying on it lately and the more I read certain passages of the Bible, the more I disagree with the idea of having no animals in Heaven.
I'm just wondering what any of you think about this topic, and what passages give you those views.
Thank you all!
-Samantha

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi, everyone! I am new to this all and this is the first thing I have ever posted, so if this is not the way to do it, please tell me! Thanks :)
My pastor recently did I series of sermons on Heaven, and one entire sermon was about how there will not be animals or pets in Heaven. Even though it was a very nice service, I can't say that I agree with him. I have done my own studying on it lately and the more I read certain passages of the Bible, the more I disagree with the idea of having no animals in Heaven.
I'm just wondering what any of you think about this topic, and what passages give you those views.
Thank you all!
-Samantha
Your pastor seems to have a myopic point of view about pets in heaven. Does the bible state specifically that there will not be pets in heaven. No, it does not. I am sure that God is capable enough to raise our beloved animals from the dead and and has love in His heart to do so.

I expect to see my dogs in heaven. If I can't be happy in heaven then why even bother to go there? The bible says that there will be happiness and great joy in heaven and that's good enough for me.

Welcome to CC.

S

sammiekate1

Thank you!

Dec 19, 2009
Thank you all!
-Samantha
I'm pretty sure our pets will be with us in the afterlife. Why wouldn't they?

U

Ugly

Animals yes. But for pets to be in heaven would require them to have souls. Which would mean an understanding of right and wrong. Which would mean a need for salvation. Jesus didn't die for animals sins, therefore animals don't need forgiven, therefore are soulless and have no understanding of sin.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
Animals yes. But for pets to be in heaven would require them to have souls. Which would mean an understanding of right and wrong. Which would mean a need for salvation. Jesus didn't die for animals sins, therefore animals don't need forgiven, therefore are soulless and have no understanding of sin.
All pets are animals, though. Just saying. The Bible isn't specific on which animal does and which animal doesn't get into heaven. I think it's important to appreciate any pets we do have, because life is always too short.

Jul 10, 2015
Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind
Job 12:9-10

Revelation 5:8-13
"All creatures recognize Jesus as the Savior of the world and praise God right along with redeemed men.

Psalm 145:-9-10,13,15-21 AMP
Though all creatures are subject to man's cruelty, God loves all His creation and has made plans for all His children and the lesser creatures to enjoy His eternal Kingdom

Romans 8:19 (KJV)
The lesser creatures await Christ's return to redeem the sons of God so they, too, will be released from physical death to eternal life.

S

sammiekate1

I'm pretty sure our pets will be with us in the afterlife. Why wouldn't they?
My pastor and another that I heard speak about it, said that animals do not have redeemable souls, and they are unable to accept Christ as their saviour, so as a result, there won't be animals there. I personally think that they will be there because before The Fall there were animals made perfect by God. I also wonder about people who are severely mentally disabled (not to say and mentally disabled person is akin to an animal in any way), if they are not able to comprehend the concept of salvation, you could easily say that they will not go to Heaven. But God says that all of His creations that are under the age of comprehension will be accepted into His kingdom without question. So to me, this sounds like those who cannot mentally comprehend the idea of salvation, and are therefore unable to accept Christ because of their lack of understanding, will be accepted into Heaven, and I feel like that includes animals. Animals are also His creation.

Dec 19, 2009
My pastor and another that I heard speak about it, said that animals do not have redeemable souls, and they are unable to accept Christ as their saviour, so as a result, there won't be animals there. I personally think that they will be there because before The Fall there were animals made perfect by God. I also wonder about people who are severely mentally disabled (not to say and mentally disabled person is akin to an animal in any way), if they are not able to comprehend the concept of salvation, you could easily say that they will not go to Heaven. But God says that all of His creations that are under the age of comprehension will be accepted into His kingdom without question. So to me, this sounds like those who cannot mentally comprehend the idea of salvation, and are therefore unable to accept Christ because of their lack of understanding, will be accepted into Heaven, and I feel like that includes animals. Animals are also His creation.
Pastors can be pretty dumb.

Dec 18, 2013
How much more important to God is man than the animals? Yea man is very much more important, therefore it is more important for even a few men to be saved than many animals.

S

sammiekate1

How much more important to God is man than the animals? Yea man is very much more important, therefore it is more important for even a few men to be saved than many animals.
Oh, I definitely agree that the salvation of men is more important that a few animals, but I don't think animals going to Heaven will in any way hinder the salvation of men.

Jul 10, 2015
I know scripture aside that my opinion is that I would be filled with tears without my little dog at my side in heaven and the bible says there are no tears in heaven and that all our joys should come true.... if you are a pet lover then yes i beleive your pet will be there with you.
<besides there are scriptures that back this opinion>
take comfort in the Word of God.

K

Kaycie

No, no pets in heaven. Unlike them we have souls, we are made in God's image, they are not. There will be no physicality there, and what is physicality? It is all these micro organisms that are alive. It is not limited to cats and dogs, you're talking ants, plants, germs, bacteria, and on and on- all things physical. But heaven will be spiritual. Only souls go there. No mosquitoes, no dogs, etc.

T

Tintin

No, no pets in heaven. Unlike them we have souls, we are made in God's image, they are not. There will be no physicality there, and what is physicality? It is all these micro organisms that are alive. It is not limited to cats and dogs, you're talking ants, plants, germs, bacteria, and on and on- all things physical. But heaven will be spiritual. Only souls go there. No mosquitoes, no dogs, etc.
Heaven isn't some Eastern-Mystic hoodoo location. The New Heavens and the New Earth is absolutely going to be a physical/spiritual place. Physicality will exist in its purest form. Yes, there won't be any sin and any of sin's consequences. But the physical world itself and our bodies aren't sinful because they're physical. After all, we'll have glorified new bodies and live with Christ forever. Hallelujah!

earlyedition

Dec 30, 2002
I believe there will be pets in heaven. there are animals in heaven haven't you read Heaven Is for Real, in the book or at the back he says he saw animals in heaven.

T

Tintin

Yes, there will be animals on the New Heavens and New Earth? Will we have pets? We won't need too. We'll probably be able to run with cheetahs and hang out with chameleons and maybe climb trees with sloths.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
How do you know that
1) a soul is something one has, instead of something one is (God breathed into man the breath of life, & man BECAME a living soul)?
2) animals do not have souls? proof? The Bible never attributes nephesh or psyche to animals???
3) no physicality in Heaven?
4) only souls go to Heaven?
Do you have proof for any of that?

T

Tintin

Animals do not sin they are innocent, I believe they do go to heaven.
The Bible mentions that the whole of Creation was cursed by sin, that includes animals.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
Where do you think the Christian man's final destination is to be? Could it be the New Earth -- not just Heaven? Read Revelation 20-22. Do you think that the New Earth has no animals?