baptism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gracethroughfaith

Something about your post seems off, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Jimmy:
why do you wish to point fingers? Is this not how it all got going in the Garden of Eden? Adam pointed the finger at the woman, the woman pointed the finger at the serpent.
They just looked to show fault in another rather than take accountability for there own actions.
Thats whats so wrong with this world today every one want to point fingers.
How about take what a person has to say and examine whether you are understanding God's word as truth or excepting what another has taught.
If something appears to prick your heart examine your heart before God.
Do not be quick to judge or find fault.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Acts 9:18
Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized

Acts 22:16
And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

E

eternally-gratefull

ok, I guess according to a few here.

If I am baptized in name of father son and spirit. and my friend is baptized only in name of Christ, one of us is going to hell??

Ok I am done with this.. we are back to the "I am of apollos" "I am of paul" argument.

A

Abiding

ok, I guess according to a few here.

If I am baptized in name of father son and spirit. and my friend is baptized only in name of Christ, one of us is going to hell??

Ok I am done with this.. we are back to the "I am of apollos" "I am of paul" argument.
[/QUOT

Hope u didnt think i was doing that. Because i was still trying to answer his original:p question

J

jimmydiggs

Jimmy:
why do you wish to point fingers? Is this not how it all got going in the Garden of Eden? Adam pointed the finger at the woman, the woman pointed the finger at the serpent.
They just looked to show fault in another rather than take accountability for there own actions.
Thats whats so wrong with this world today every one want to point fingers.
How about take what a person has to say and examine whether you are understanding God's word as truth or excepting what another has taught.
If something appears to prick your heart examine your heart before God.
Do not be quick to judge or find fault.
Take a bite of your own words.

B

bahamas

exacly what im saying,the aposles got it right.thats what jesus was telling them that they should baptize in his name,not titles.he was tellin them that he is in the father and the father in him and the name of the father and the son is jesus christ.a son carries is fathers name.thats why the apostle did it like that,in the name o the lord jesus christ

B

bahamas

and what name did he called on?

S

Sanctified

Your name has special meaning. To others your name represents the part of you that has been revealed to each individual. Your son associates your name with the one who is his father or mother and your boss associates your name with a particular worker.
The only person who knows the totality of you is God and you are next in line to know all there is to know of who you are. Other individuals know only what has been revealed to them.
Being baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit is making a commitment to the one true God. At the time of baptism the full nature of the name of God is not known. Neither is it learned while we live on this earth.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
For those interested, you can find a short study on 'Baptism in Water' Here

Yahweh Shalom...