Bible Miniseries on History Channel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I liked the show too. I was actually shocked it was as accurate as it was. It did seem to skip around a little, but it worked out well.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Interesting, I was disapointed by the show and saw many important details left out of the parts highlited.
I guess I was expecting alot more to this documentry, program.
Like another spoke to, there was alot of dramatic licence. :)

But the show its self was ok, I was just as in all things that speak to God, I wanted more. :)
And for me, it is the detals that speak loudest to God's glory! :)
Ill still keep watching it though, I always like anything Biblical! :)

God bless
pickles

Dec 26, 2012
Maybe on this I am a bit different after about an hour I couldn't take it anymore. To me they twisted it a bit too much for my liking. But that's me. :p

T

Tintin

I'm looking forward to it. I hope the mini-series comes to Austrlian shores. Gratuitous swordplay is always welcome. :p

i saw the first episode tonight and i thought it was very good...

other than some nitpicking that i have to do because i majored in history...my only complaint is that there were a few gratuitous sword fights that are not in the bible...

overall the bible and faith in God were represented very positively and pretty accurately...

A

Anonimous

I only have one question. Why is Jesus always British in these shows?

I also hope they portray the Books of the Maccabees in the show, as they along with 1-4 Kings are arguably the best sections of the Bible to make into an entertaining TV series.
I have only watched the first episode. But, I have noticed everyone speaks British...I mean in ALL documentaries...Biblical or not. Maybe for the same reason that all tose guys who sell miracle pans, knives, doodads, are always British? I don't know the reason for that either. Just another in a series of mysteries.

Feb 21, 2012
I have only watched the first episode. But, I have noticed everyone speaks British...I mean in ALL documentaries...Biblical or not. Maybe for the same reason that all tose guys who sell miracle pans, knives, doodads, are always British? I don't know the reason for that either. Just another in a series of mysteries.
Maybe I need to get my hearing checked. . .I didn't notice any "British". . . .:eek:

The parting of the Red Sea was a little "dramatic" or I never thought of it as parting in the way they showed it. All in all not bad.

S

SantoSubito

i saw the first episode tonight and i thought it was very good...

other than some nitpicking that i have to do because i majored in history...my only complaint is that there were a few gratuitous sword fights that are not in the bible...

overall the bible and faith in God were represented very positively and pretty accurately...
Yep, like the angels killing some of the Sodomites with swords.

S

SantoSubito

Maybe I need to get my hearing checked. . .I didn't notice any "British". . . .:eek:

The parting of the Red Sea was a little "dramatic" or I never thought of it as parting in the way they showed it. All in all not bad.
In some of the commercials for the show they show who I assume is Jesus speaking on a boat with a British accent. Oh and it turns out Noah was Scottish, but I actually liked that.

One thing that really irked me though was that young Moses spoke with a British accent, but old Moses spoke like an American.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
In some of the commercials for the show they show who I assume is Jesus speaking on a boat with a British accent. Oh and it turns out Noah was Scottish, but I actually liked that.

One thing that really irked me though was that young Moses spoke with a British accent, but old Moses spoke like an American.
LOL Santo:D

Aug 15, 2009
I watched it for a while last night and turned it off. I didn't like the angel scenes either. But my biggest complaint was the lack of God speaking to Abraham when he was about to kill Isaac. The importance of Isaac hearing God speak to his father, as well as the viewers needing to hear why God asked Abraham to do that. This inadvertently/advertently makes God seemed unloving and uncaring to the viewers. IMHO, you can't have a documentary about the Bible without stating what God says.
What time I watched it, I saw many biblical errors, most of which never had to be done because of shortness of time or budget. They were just wrong. But I expected that much, 'cause the history Channel has never been good to the Christian faith. While we might see it as entertaining, the world sees it as unbelievable.

HEIsRiSen

Feb 4, 2013
I totally agree with stephen, they left out details in areas where they were needed most. This show makes God look like some sort of sadistic tyrant. I will continue to watch so that I can explain to my friends who don't know the bible the way things really went down and know exactly what they seen on the show that was erroneous.