Bible proof against single 'pastor' ruling!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
There are so many that are clearly motivated by greed... many of us in ministry have made our own money and have given and sown and reap the blessing of God... so its not always clear if some are fleecing the flock or are being blessed by God?
Take the oversight there of. Elders were to watch over the flock, not lord it over,. They were to see to their needs, spiritual and physical. The parents were to take care of the children, not the children the parents! Who said that! Anybody? Another joke Jesus was telling I reckon.

Hirelings care not for the sheep. Hireling means they were hired for a salary. The elders were to lead, not for filthy lucre. They were not to be slobbering with dollar signs in their eyes. 'Oh goody, goody, goody. I get to quit my job! '
Its strange that I'm simply quoting the bible yet few their be that see it.

There are a few that see but they have
nothing to lose by seeing it. Like the Pharisees that refused to hear Christ and His open rebuke on their religious system.....why? Because they had much to lose if they conceded. They'ed have to quit 'lording it over' the sheep and get off their Royal, holier than thou behinds and get a job! Whew! Did I just say that? And that was with as much love as I could muster! Smile!

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Here is my suggestion to you, Yet!

Read the Bible and let the Holy Spirit speak to you, instead of seeking out passages that seem to support your erroneous doctrines about pastors and churches.

The Bible has SO MUCH MORE in it! You can learn about transformation and renewing your mind, and the fruits of the Spirit and the history of Israel and the early church. The Proverbs are filled with wisdom, the Psalms with hope in God, the New Testament with instructions on how to follow Jesus.

Do you think Jesus went around railing against people preaching his gospel? Or did Paul rail against preachers? NO! He supported them, encouraged them and gave them advice.

I do hope you will soon let go of this terrible bitterness that is destroying your walk with God.
I agree completely.

It's time for Yet to start focusing more on God than on people.

Let your relationship with God be dictated by your passion for Him, and less on your focus on other people, including church institutions.

Jan 27, 2013
he who started the christian walk perfectly, throw the first bank note.

10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.1 And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.Revelation 12