Can Jesus Rule From Heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
No. We dispensations take ALL of the word of God to interpret the rule of Christ. not just a few picked out verses in the NT.
well, ok then, just make an extra effort not to leave out the one I just mentioned, ok?

Mar 15, 2014
so you believe more than half the Bible is allegory and also have no knowledge or understanding about God's covenants with his people and then to the Gentiles and muddy the waters with outright replacement theology , which is a lie straight from hell...

Take the train troll
I already quoted Jesus statement. So you don't believe Jesus when he said in Matt 21:43 ??

"Therefore the kingdom will be taken from you and given to a people producing its fruits."

Doesn't this sound like the kindom was taken away from the Jews, and given to anyone (Gentiles also) who will produce the fruits?

You have lots of company who don't believe what Jesus taught.

K

Kerry

Did you notice the New Jerusalem happens AFTER the 1000 years in Revelation?

There is no mention of Jesus ruling from Jerusalem in Revelation 20 in relation to the 1000 years.
Still here it is

Rev 20:4

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

1still_waters

I said..
Originally Posted by 1still_waters

Did you notice the New Jerusalem happens AFTER the 1000 years in Revelation?

There is no mention of Jesus ruling from Jerusalem in Revelation 20 in relation to the 1000 years.
Then you said..
Still here it is

Rev 20:4

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Where does it mention Jerusalem?

K

Kerry

I said..

Then you said..

Where does it mention Jerusalem?
In the location of Rev 20 it does not specifically say Jerusalem. But, He is David's son and Jesus is to sit on his throne. Which is in Jerusalem.

2 Samuel 7

11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the Lord telleth thee that he will make thee an house.
12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

1still_waters

In the location of Rev 20 it does not specifically say Jerusalem. But, He is David's son and Jesus is to sit on his throne. Which is in Jerusalem.

2 Samuel 7

11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the Lord telleth thee that he will make thee an house.
12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
That appears to be fulfilled not in the 1000 years, but after.

Revelation 22
And he showed me a pure[a] river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads.5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
A 1000 years isn't forever.
So it can't be fulfilled in Rev 20.

It can however be fulfilled in Rev 22, seeing the lamb is on a throne and he's described as reigning forever.

K

kennethcadwell

Let me make it simple for you. The 1000 years is just how long Christ rules on earth until Satan is unleashed again on the earth, after that and the final battle it talks about the New Jerusalem and Heaven being brought down here on earth. So can Jesus rule from Heaven, then the answer is yes after the 1000 years and final battle cause Heaven will be here on earth.

K

kennethcadwell

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, " Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

K

Kerry

That appears to be fulfilled not in the 1000 years, but after.

Revelation 22

A 1000 years isn't forever.
So it can't be fulfilled in Rev 20.

It can however be fulfilled in Rev 22, seeing the lamb is on a throne and he's described as reigning forever.
Still, after the 1,000 year reign, Christ continues reign. Satan being released is the sign of the end of the 1,000 years. Solomon was a type of this. He had peace on every side during his reign and all nations paid tribute to Solomon. Until Rehoboam ruled and split the Kingdom. In Rev 22 we see the return of perfection as God the father resides on Earth.

Behold the tabernacle of God is now with men.

Jesus will make a short work of Satan being released by sending fire from heaven and devouring them and casting Satan in the lake of fire. His reign doesn't end, just challenged much like what happened to David. The OT is a type and shadow and helps explain now and coming events.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
We both agree, no rapture. Where did the rapture "teaching" come from? Paul

Rev is an allegory, there is no 1000 year reign, Jesus rules now, he has all authority. This 1000 years is just made up, why not a million or a trillion years. !000 years back then was probably a big number, we can think up much larger numbers today. Rev has many errors in it, put there on purpose.

Jesus Christ will rule and reign on this Earth for 1,000 years from Jerusalem, the city of the Great King.

The Millennial Kingdom is referenced all through the Scriptures. Many of these references can be found in the Old Testament.

There also will be a Rapture. God's perfect and inerrant word, the Authorized King James Holy Bible teaches a Pre-trib Rapture of the Body of Christ.

And the book of revelation does not contain any errors at all.

The only errors are those which are in your own thinking and lack of understanding.

1still_waters

Still, after the 1,000 year reign, Christ continues reign. Satan being released is the sign of the end of the 1,000 years. Solomon was a type of this. He had peace on every side during his reign and all nations paid tribute to Solomon. Until Rehoboam ruled and split the Kingdom. In Rev 22 we see the return of perfection as God the father resides on Earth.

Behold the tabernacle of God is now with men.

Jesus will make a short work of Satan being released by sending fire from heaven and devouring them and casting Satan in the lake of fire. His reign doesn't end, just challenged much like what happened to David. The OT is a type and shadow and helps explain now and coming events.
It says forever and ever in Revelation 22, not Revelation 20.
Revelation 22 is explicitly about the New Jerusalem, Rev 20 is not.

K

Kerry

Still, that's because during the 1,000 year reign, there is no challenge to the throne as Satan is in the pit

Rev 20:1

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Then Satan is released and challenges the throne of Christ as it was so with David, By His son. This creation of God that went bad will challenge again.

Rev 20:7

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

His reign does not end, it is only challenged and quickly done away with. Then perfection for ever comes as New Jerusalem descends from heaven and the Father makes his headquarter on Earth and specifically Jerusalem.

K

Kerry

Notice in 20:7 He does not mention Meshack and Tubal. Only Gog and Magog.