Can we get rid of the term free will for unbelievers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 30, 2011
I think our conversation is done here - I don't want to continue it, because I feel like I am always having to have the last word - Truth and Time go hand in hand

E

eternally-gratefull

ugh that's all I have to say - The greater context of Scripture broken down into Old and New Testament, further broken down into books, into chapters etc - The Bible as a whole, the Book of Romans in light of all of Scripture - God does not change: It's all of Grace.

Yep it is. Always has been, Always will be.. So not sure what your trying to argue here.

It still does not take away the context of romans 9.

He has only proven he is no better than some earthly dictator, who chooses for no reason to bless some, but others, he makes their lives miserable and enslaves them
it seems you think that people choose righteousness,

Nope. People can't choose righteousness. They can't do good. That is why they are forced to make a decision, Trust God or self.. that's all it is..When I chose to trust God I did not chose righteousness. On the contrary, i chose to accept the fact I was unrighteous, and without hope apart from the saving grace of God. it was not until after I was justified and born again, i could even understand what righteousness was.

that people love God on their own, or want to turn to Him on their own. If God did not elect people - no one would be saved- There is no one who does Good, there is no one who looks for God. People in hell right now, would not repent if given the chance.
No. If God did not DIE for everyone, No one would be saved, you again have it backwards. His death saved us, not his election. His election is based on his foreknowledge and his death, without his death, there would be no election.
Are you defining what true love is, and thus saying that God must have your definition of true love

No god defined true love, Dieing for your enemies. All men are his enemies. Thus unless he died for ALL men, He does not have true love. he did it in his words. We are to love even those who hate us, and want to kill us.. If he did not do this, He does not have true love.. we are forgive all men and love all men, even men who will never come to god and be our brothers.. This is true love, if (like you say) God did not do this himself, he is a hypocrite.

True love, God's love is giving what we don't want, but what we need. We don't want Jesus Christ, we want our own works, and forgiveness with no need for God
Yep. Even after many of us are saved, we still want this, Like a child who does not understand any better.

God gave us what we NEED.. It is up to us to understand that need, and act on it. otherwise we will be lost.

The HS convicts the WORLD of righteousness, judgment and sin. Not just the elect.

May 22, 2013
James 2 vs 19 says the devils believe and tremble so it is possible to believe without being a child of God
john 11 vs 26 Jesus says to live and believe.
Matt 18 vs 3 says you have to be conëverted (again the words of Jeus). Conversion means change

Jun 30, 2011
humanism at it's best insists that everything God does is for the happiness of man, the angels, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit.