catholic religion??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
God help the fundamentalists. They can't see the forest for the trees.
That's just another man made title. I'm not a fundamentalist or a protestant, I'm a born again child of God.

All who are born again are equally yoked, are of the same Spirit. If we were of the same Spirit then there would be no disagreement when it comes to the key truth.

Eternity is a long time, wherever one spends it. God has told us we will not see Heaven unless we are born again. Why don't you believe what He says? He says we are saved by grace through faith in what Christ did for us, so we have to go to Him with empty hands of faith, there is nothing we can do ourselves.

The spiritual birth is a supernatural experience, it's very real. When God saves you the Holy Spirit immediately dwells in you and you become a new creature in Christ. The bible comes alive and speaks to you on a personal level because it is addressing you.

The gospel message can be understood by all, but the bible as a whole cannot be understood by a person who doesn't have the Holy Spirit because the messages are spiritually discerned (1 Cor 2:6-16). We are told that no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God, and these things are revealed to us who have the Holy Spirit.

7seven7

yes brother I see how you could see it that way. We all see things from different points of view. The way I took that scripture is that even while dying on the cross,Jesus was concerned about His family. Showing us that we should value and care for our family under all circumstances even in all our suffering and till our very last breath. Families are a precious gift from our God and we need to value them. But I dont see anywhere were it tell us to worship her or pray to her. Jesus was very direct with what He expects from us and Im sure He would have said if we were to pray to different Saints. In fact there was a verse that says why are you following Apollos and Paul did they die on the cross for your sins. Some people make the Saints bigger then Jesus and I dont think thats sounds right.
[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

You are ABSOLUTELY 100% RIGHT!!! Nobody is bigger than Christ. Not the saints, not His mother, not the Angels, NOBODY! And anybody who makes anybody bigger than Christ Himself is disgustingly mistaken and should be informed. We, however, as true practicing Catholics, never EVER do this. I'm not going to sit here and argue the point of whether Mary should be prayed to or not because that argument has gone on for hundreds of years with no resolution, and I highly doubt that it will be resolved in this conversation today (partly because I don't know enough to argue the point lol). But just like every true Christian brother and sister of mine out there, I believe that salvation comes ONLY through Christ. This is what makes us family. God bless you.

7seven7

Seven - I speak truth according to God's word, not myself. We will be judged if we don't speak truth, so it's important for us all to not say anything if we're unsure.

Yes, scripture says we have to be born again to see Heaven. I testified that I, like many on this site, have been spiritually born from above, I've become a new creature in Christ. It's a supernatural experience, and is just as scripture speaks of. All who are born again are of the same Spirit, equally yoked, in God's family. Think about it... of the same Spirit makes clear we are united in the same key truth, we are the same. It's not possible for a person of the same Spirit to believe in a different way to be saved/a different gospel.

I could say the same thing to you.... How about you come to terms with the fact that you could be wrong"

If I speak from myself then yes, but I share truth from God's word.

You see, if I were following men and what they tell me... and trying to be seen as righteous through what I do then I would be classed as self righteous. However, I'm righteous by the blood of Jesus and I'm instructed to share truth with others, even if they don't like the truth. Why do you not like truth?

There's only one truth, not several. It's a serious thing if you believe a different gospel. We don't believe the same truth. If we were equally yoked (of the same Spirit) then we would believe the same key truth and there would be no conflict. I'm not talking about non salvational differences (like some Christians believe in a rapture and others don't)... these are study differences, I'm talking about the most important one to get right... which is salvation. This should concern you.

See, you did it again... you said you love me and then called me self righteous and damned to hell, then added God Bless on the end of the same sentence?

Do you know God's definition of a self righteous person?

Biblically speaking, self righteousness is the idea that we can somehow generate within ourselves a righteousness that will be acceptable to God. Without Christ a person can do nothing. The Pharisee assumed his acceptance with God based on his own actions, whereas the tax collector recognized that there was nothing in himself that would cause God to approve of him.

As a child of God I'm a lover of truth and dislike seeing others deceived and God's Holy word being distorted.

Just because I speak truth with a perceived level of authority, don't be deceived. I'm absolutely nothing without Christ. It's not I, but Christ that lives in me. It would be disobedient for me to not share truth.
Red = You........ Black = my reply (I dont know how to split quotes yet lol)

Seven - I speak truth according to God's word, not myself. We will be judged if we don't speak truth, so it's important for us all to not say anything if we're unsure.
But we all say we speak the Truth according to God's word. What makes your Truth any more righteous than that of which I speak?

Yes, scripture says we have to be born again to see Heaven. I testified that I, like many on this site, have been spiritually born from above, I've become a new creature in Christ. It's a supernatural experience, and is just as scripture speaks of.
You're telling me!! Katy, if i could explain my experience to you in words that I had in prison, then I would. Please, don't talk to me like I couldn't have experienced being born again. My experience was so strong and real that I went from being a foul mouthed, dirty-joke-telling, drug taking, sex addict, big-noting intimidating athiest that used to laugh at the sound of our Lord's name, to begging people, in prison, to stop doing all this rubbish to our Lord. To begging people to understand that God is real and we have it wrong. This happened overnight. Literally. Do you understand how dangerous it was for me to turn
like that? Do you understand the ridicule I copped from other prisoners over the change of spirit and personality? I had to apologize to a man I beat half to death in there, Katy, because I hurt my Lord so much by doing it because what I do to the least of His, I do to Him. Do you have any idea what apologizing to someone in prison leaves you open to? Intimidation and abuse for a start. I sat in the middle of the courtyard preaching to whoever would listen to me, and some came. If you only knew me beforehand, Katy, only then you would understand how born again I really am. The Lord has truly guided me through every step I have taken since. Including choosing to be a part of His One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. I took some classes when I first got out, because I really really wanted to learn as much as I could about my Lord. After class one night I stood on the street and asked God "should I listen to these guys?" and Katy, before I even finished the question, He answered me "Learn from them". It was real. I cant express the realness of it. I am born again. I am a born again Catholic. I am a new creature. My brothers and sisters who couldn't talk to me before I was locked up because I would lose my temper now say things to me like "wow I can really learn something from you" (to which I reply "not from me but from our Almighty Lord). And I love the Lord for what He has done for me, Katy. In saying all this, do you think that the Lord would hide the Truth from me, even now that I have given Him my whole self? C'mon Katy.
As far as my experience goes, what I can tell you is that I was at the Crucifixion. When I came out of this "experience" (I wont call it a dream because it wasn't, I was fully aware of where I was), my pillow was drenched in tears and I prayed for the first time since I was a kid.

I could say the same thing to you.... How about you come to terms with the fact that you could be wrong"
No Katy, you couldn't say the same thing to me because I have never claimed to be right above others. I always listen to others, Catholic or not, to see if maybe I can learn something. I never claimed to be, or spoke like I know it all and others are wrong. Everybody seems to have their own interpretation of the Bible today, which is all good. Probably even what God intended. Who knows? certainly not me. All I ever do is defend my Faith. I have never been on a "high-horse". And I know very well that I could be wrong. Never claimed otherwise.

There's only one truth, not several. It's a serious thing if you believe a different gospel. We don't believe the same truth. If we were equally yoked (of the same Spirit) then we would believe the same key truth and there would be no conflict. I'm not talking about non salvational differences (like some Christians believe in a rapture and others don't)... these are study differences, I'm talking about the most important one to get right... which is salvation. This should concern you.
See, Katy, this is exactly what I mean. There are so many "truths" out there these days, how on earth do you know that yours is the right one, to be able to criticize mine? Salvation concerns me. Trust me. Why? because I'm not worthy of it but He still gave it to me. Now I must appreciate it in EVERYTHING I do and EVERYTHING I think and EVERYTHING I say.

See, you did it again... you said you love me and then called me self righteous and damned to hell, then added God Bless on the end of the same sentence?

Please don't be offended or confused. I do the same with my brothers and sisters here at home and I would die for them without blinking an eye. When I say I love you, Katy, believe me. And when I say God bless, remember that I pray for the same thing about my worst enemies and mean it. You are my sister in Christ, trust me, I mean it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
All the good intentions of all mankind have no bearing on Yahweh's truth and teachings, and they do not have any bearing on His Will. We must be in His will, otherwise the most valiant of effort is worthless. Praise God, worhip God, and believe God in Yeshua, amen...................

C

ChristReconcilesAll

So I woke up today and this was on my mind and I couldnt go back to sleep... so I was raised Catholic but now Im a Christian so I know a little bit about Catholic faith. I still have family members that are still in that faith and I want to inform them but I want to get some opinions before I do cus one gets real offense if you question their beliefs. Anyways so Catholics pray to other saints including the virgin Mary. But in the Bible Exodus 20:3-5 you shall not have no others gods before me.... Wouldnt that be against Gods law to pray to other saints? and with taking communion every sunday, they require that you be baptisted and have your first communion before you part take and that happens usually when your a kid. In 1Corinthians 11:27-32 ( im not going to post it but please look it up) and it talks about how if you take communion in an unworthy manner then you bring judgement on yourself. Now just because I was baptisted ex as a kid doesnt mean as an adult Im right with the Lord. Back then, yes I would go to church and pray every now and then but I wouldnt say I was right with the Lord. So unknowingly I was bring judgement on myself, right? So shouldnt they explain that more to the people that partake in communion, so they dont bring judgement on themselves. When I started going to Christian church they explained it in detail why we should and shouldnt partake in it. Why doesnt the Catholic church do that? Well some may but the one I used to go to didnt. I didnt become Christian till after I was paralzed. It kind of make me think...
Sister, my family is Catholic, and I was raised in the church but left it when I was young. I know it's hard to try to witness to Catholic family members after you've seen the light especially if you're the black sheep of the family like me. But I say the best witness is to show them God's love. Opportunities will occur when you have a chance to share the word of God with them, and it is God who will draw them to himself. Don't think you have to preach fire and brimstone. That will just turn them off. God is love. I know my family can see the change in my life now even if they still don't quite understand me. Just speak the word of truth occasionally when the time seems right, and it will begin to affect them. Don't expect to see them all suddenly realize the truth. Look at how Paul changed when he saw the light. Even some folks who knew him before and after weren't convinced because they probably just thought he went crazy, but he did manage to persuade a lot of folks to believe in Christ because they could see the powerful change in his life. God is using you to show your family the same thing. Don't be judgmental. Just let God's love flow through you to your family, and he'll take care of the converting process. God bless you, sister.

"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, And do not lean to your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

"by faith are we walking, not by perception" (2 Corinthians 5:7)

Nov 14, 2012
First of all, CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIAN. Who came up with the idea we are not? We don't worship Mary or any other saints. We do ask for their intercession as described by by St. Paul 1 Timothy 2:1-4. People in Heaven hear our prayers, Rev 5:8
Yes, we have images. Do we worship these images? No, of course not. They are visual reminders, that's all. To take communion is extremely serious in the Catholic Church and is not treated lightly as other churches do. We require that you understand what you are doing and why. As for being encouraged not to read the bible, that is false. My priest almost every Sunday encourages personal study time in the scriptures. As for no Bible in the Catholic Mass, that is false. We have 1 reading from the Old Testament and 1 from the New Testament and 1 from the Gospels. Where do ya'll come up with this stuff? We read out of the Bible at every single Mass. The Priest develops his sermon from these readings. If you go to mass every day, in three years you get the entire bible including the books the protestants took out. Can your church say that?
Yes, Mary is an important figure, but why wouldn't she be? She is only the Mother of the Son of God! Luke 1:48 "....from now on ALL generations will call me blessed." Sounds like the Catholic Church is the only one paying attention to this scripture. It really saddens me that people who have no idea about the Church condemn it and those of us who are members.