Does God love Satan?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I don't think God loves satan.. why would he love him?

Psalms 11:5: “The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.”
Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

How are anyone any different if we only love those that Love us. If God does not Love even Satan, then God is not Love as the above scripture shows God is Love to all.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
In Psa. 5:5 we read, "..You hate all workers of iniquity." God hates all those who hate Him and loves all those who love Him. Rom.9:13 God says,"...Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated." Any general feelings of love God has for Satan could never be called Love,in the long haul, because Satan ends up in the lake of fire, and Satan knows where He is going, in the end. This kind of love is really pity. Love to all.Hoffco
When you say love to all, this includes Satan

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
impossible. satan's end is the lake of fire forever. Don't dishonor GOD by minimizing his hatred for evil. evil isn't just some vapor or idea floating through the cosmos; it is a being that hates GOD.
So Satan has no chance to repent? And so God is not Love if Satan does not have the chance to repent between God and him.
Not saying Satan will repent, just saying God is Love beyond Human understanding.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Exactly. Satan has fixed his character and will not repent. He is already sentenced and justice will be carried out at the return of Christ...

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

and after the Millenium...

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
No matter what the outcome is; does God love all? What does God require over Sacrifice? What is Mercy?
God is Love not of flesh origin rather Spirit of God.
what part of all, does not include Satan? I am saying as in Love, not in where one goes or not
For God loved the whole world that he sent his Son and died for us all. Is Satan a part of this world as we all are, when first born in need of born again in God's Spirit

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

The whole family
is not a good translation of εξ ου πάσα πατριά (out of whom every lineage). Certainly Christ's name is on everything because he owns everything, but all men are not his children. Only those of faith are his children, i.e. offspring, born of him.

Satan is a being that loves himself more than GOD.
Yes, truth, but that does not mean God does not love Satan. Are we to love all or a select few?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I'm not going to assume what God feels about anyone. But I will post a few scriptures to give you a Idea of what is going on here.

Our Heavenly Father created him: Ezekiel 28: 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Satan was created perfect, and God gave Satan what he deserved as he no doubt worked for that position.

But as you read , he fell and drew 1/3rd ( Revelation 12:4 ) of all God's children away from Him. And, thus sealing Satan's fate.

Satan is the only one sentenced to the 2nd death by name : Ezekiel 28 18 ( paraphrased ) - " I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee." ( The fallen angels that helped him are also sentenced to the 2nd death as recorded in Jude )

The Savior Came to this earth the destroy Satan.

Hebrews 2:14
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Christ came to this earth to save us bringing us back to our True, Heavenly Father: But one, that is Satan.

John 17:12

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
Regardless of whether Satan's fate is sealed or not, does not negate that God does love all, because God does love all!!!!!!!!!!!!
If God does not Love all then 1Cor. 13 is not of God
Does not rejoice in evil. Does not say God only loves those that love him
Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
Luke 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I think our human perception of Jesus as loving even sin is a dangerous one. When Jesus returns, it will be to judge and blood will run in the streets. We are to be in awe of the power of God. and over and over scripture is about saving us from sin. Satan represents sin.

We cannot live eternally if we bring sin with us. Satan is hate, God is love. To think of God accepting or loving Satan, sin, or hate is not truth and we must be a part of truth.

This new idea of God loves everyone has been carried too far. God loves every single human He created, God wants every one to live with Him, and is ready to forgive. But if we choose satan, we are dead and not part of the family of God.
Hates the sin does not rejoice over evil at all, and at the same does not negate God's love to all

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
That statement is out of context. The devil isn't evil (his being) but rather his actions.
For God created Lucifer perfect and Lucifer chose sin, and sin is what God hates not his creation and is why God sent his Son for us all to be made back in relation to God in God's Spirit through the resurrected Christ

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Evil fruit comes from an evil nature.
And all flesh when born here of the water is flesh and has an evil nature in need of being born again by God through Christ and walk in the Spirit of God not flesh

1. Galatians 4:29
    But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
    Galatians 4:28-30 (in Context) Galatians 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Yes God does just love us all, this includes Satan you all.

I

Imperfect

Still the same thing. I do not need to know the greek. I ask again anyone, what is Satan?
if Jesus is the Word (GOD) in the flesh which makes him righteous and love, then satan is the very definition of sin. there is no righteous in satan. satan is all sin because being like him IS sin.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I believe that God loves all of His creation, including Satan and his followers. God is love, therefore he is merciful to all sinners. Satan was Gods most beautiful creation. I believe if it were possible for Satan to repent and ask for mercy, God would forgive him. But he will not.
So do you think there could have been forgiveness of our sins (because God is love ) without Christ having to become man and die for our sins?
Of course not,and neither could He do it for the angels. His justice demands disobedience to be punished.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
You cannot compare yourself to God. We are to humbly listen to God.

When we decide God is so loving He will not judge sin, we create a world like we have. A world where I couldn't leave a grocery store because children were shooting each other outside the store. Where the minister's teen age daughter is pregnant. Where the 12 year old down the street tells me she is sexually active. They cannot live eternally, God wants them to. We don't help them live when we cover sin with love, it is NOT compassion and love to do that.
There is a big difference in flesh love and Godly Love that comes from Godly sorrow over worldly sorrow

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Good question. Did God really hate Esau?

(Romans 9:13-15)
13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]
14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all!15 For he says to Moses,“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]

If he did hate Esau, then I guess he could hate Satan too. But some people tell me I'm reading that wrong.

It's strange that I don't recall a scripture offhand about it saying how God feels about Satan.
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
Luke 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Tell me does this type of Love that only God can do through us in our born again Spirits by the resurrected Christ, does this dispel evil? Heaps coals of love on ones head, how can they fight you? God loves all. All includes the Devil.
Psalm 52:4 Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue.
It is not a matter of whether one believes or not, it is a matter of God does love us all, when are we going to respond to God in this amazing love in thanking God? For no one can truly love without seeing this Love of God
1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.