Don't feel like part of the body

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2015
I don't think the OP is so much about feelings, as drama and attention. JF posts to get a response and attention, and seems to always create drama.

There is a name for that, but I am not going to go there!

I'm not saying these 6 churches you visited(??) didn't have issues, because all churches have some kind of problems, unless there are no people in them. People do bring issues. But when it becomes obvious that every church you go to, every fellowship, every gathering of believers has something seriously "wrong" with them, especially since you don't get the attention you crave, I would have to say it is time to look within for the problem.

God can heal you of this neediness. But you have to read the Bible, pray, and especially swallow your pride and find a church and sit there and learn, and not go there for attention. I would also advise the OP to maybe see a counselor, especially a Christian one, who can work on these issues with her.

"The Boundaries" book by John Townsend and Henry Cloud might also be helpful to read, as I have noticed the OP sometimes has some issues with boundaries and she might really benefit from looking more closely at her own boundaries.

As for Euphemia and my post, my request is - please don't shoot the messenger. Sometimes we have to hear some hard things to grow as a Christian. My husband was my constant companion on pointing out my faults and sins. It hurt, but over the years I sought God and he healed me and allowed me to totally forgive not only my husband for his "insults" but thank him for making me face up to the things I was hiding from myself, and to forgive all the other people who had wounded or hurt me.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but if you really only want people to give you hugs and kudos, you are never going to grow as a Christian.
A pretty accurate evaluation, all around, as far as I can see.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Remember my post about CRU? Well that is one of many Christian organizations that hurt me. Tonight I was thinking and I realized that I don't really feel part of the body of Christ anymore. You know how the body has two arms and two legs. I feel like a weird octopus tentacle growing out the side, like I'm not really supposed to be there.

It would be one thing if it was one church that did this but it has been multiple churches so I have no idea if the issue is with me or the church.
Jf do you know who is used the most to do the devil bidding? (prepare the stone throwers) it isn't crooks or atheists it isn't Muslims or Catholics it is us Christians. We as Christians are to be love yet many of us are not loving, we are supposed to be the arms and feet of God yet more often than not we are the arms and feet of the enemy. It isn't surprising that you have been hurt so much by the church, if we as the body practiced what we taught showed the heart of God instead of the heart of man then the world would not see us as liars hypocrites judgmental crazy bible thumpers.

The world is the test of if we Christians really are who we say we are and by world I mean the people of the world, and well the world has spoken they don't say we Christians are loving patient wise and the light of the world do they?

W

WarriorForChrist

Jf do you know who is used the most to do the devil bidding? (prepare the stone throwers) it isn't crooks or atheists it isn't Muslims or Catholics it is us Christians. We as Christians are to be love yet many of us are not loving, we are supposed to be the arms and feet of God yet more often than not we are the arms and feet of the enemy. It isn't surprising that you have been hurt so much by the church, if we as the body practiced what we taught showed the heart of God instead of the heart of man then the world would not see us as liars hypocrites judgmental crazy bible thumpers.

The world is the test of if we Christians really are who we say we are and by world I mean the people of the world, and well the world has spoken they don't say we Christians are loving patient wise and the light of the world do they?
I think it comes down to what we want from the church. What is JF actually expecting the Church to do for her? I had a Grandmother that left every church she ever went to. The issue wasn't the Church's but is was her. She expected to be pampered and if someone didn't make her feel special every time she went she would start to hate the church and eventually leave.

I think this pretty much goes with anything in life. If you want to hate something then you will find every reason to hate it and then blame others for your own issues.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I think it comes down to what we want from the church. What is JF actually expecting the Church to do for her? I had a Grandmother that left every church she ever went to. The issue wasn't the Church's but is was her. She expected to be pampered and if someone didn't make her feel special every time she went she would start to hate the church and eventually leave.

I think this pretty much goes with anything in life. If you want to hate something then you will find every reason to hate it and then blame others for your own issues.
Well we don't know Jf that well and I saw how some assumed she is an attention seeker which I have seen her posts and her threads I don't think she is an attention seeker, I do think she is emotional and can take things the wrong way but is legit in heart. I would be more prone to believe that she has been hurt than to assume she herself is the problem mainly because I am a witiness to many who have been hurt by the church and so called Christians

W

WarriorForChrist

Well we don't know Jf that well and I saw how some assumed she is an attention seeker which I have seen her posts and her threads I don't think she is an attention seeker, I do think she is emotional and can take things the wrong way but is legit in heart. I would be more prone to believe that she has been hurt than to assume she herself is the problem mainly because I am a witiness to many who have been hurt by the church and so called Christians
Yeah those Christians are evil people aren't they? I don't know how any of us can witness to people with all the hate floating around in our own ranks.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yeah those Christians are evil people aren't they? I don't know how any of us can witness to people with all the hate floating around in our own ranks.
No they aren't evil people they just don't understand what being a Christian really is. An evil person wouldn't want to follow God at all they would instead choose to follow satan and lavish all the freedom and power he gives to those who follow him no rules being able to use spells and curse people and made rich and wealthy in this life that is until he backstabs them which will come in time.

But even a judgmental hypocritical Christian chose to follow God not after the devil

eternallife7

May 19, 2015
Remember my post about CRU? Well that is one of many Christian organizations that hurt me. Tonight I was thinking and I realized that I don't really feel part of the body of Christ anymore. You know how the body has two arms and two legs. I feel like a weird octopus tentacle growing out the side, like I'm not really supposed to be there.

It would be one thing if it was one church that did this but it has been multiple churches so I have no idea if the issue is with me or the church.
it might be the church many are so unbelieving about just how many false teachers their are in the church building of theis creation.

eternallife7

May 19, 2015
it might be the church buildings you have attended many are so unbelieving about just how many false teachers their are in the church building of this creation.
I didn't mean the true Church the true Church is so beautiful

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
it might be the church many are so unbelieving about just how many false teachers their are in the church building of theis creation.
Do you think Yet was on something?:b