Dr, Ben Carson

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
As he is a legitimate candidate............let's actually look at the man..........FYI

Excerpt From Article:

“There is no question that I haven’t spent a lot of time in government. That doesn’t mean that you can’t make sure that you have people around you who have spent that time, I think the thing that is actually more important is wisdom and understanding and knowing how to use facts.”
“When I conducted some very complex operations, including things that hadn’t been done before, it required pulling people together, some of them knew a lot of things that I didn’t know about different areas. But being able to coordinate those things and merge them into something that is successful, that’s what we are going to need to do.”

Found Here:

[h=3]Does Dr. Ben Carson’s lack of executive experience matter ...[/h]

S

Sirk

I like him. I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
Had the honor of meeting him when he spoke at my school last year. He's been on record saying he has no interest in running for candidacy, though.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I think that in the Primaries, if he is on the ballot, I will vote for him. The General Election will depend on who the candidates are. Hillary has no chance of receiving my vote. As for the Republican, will depend on who it is.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Probably just going to vote for hillary unless the republicans can put up someone moderate enough that I don't think they will be too bad. Normally though they like to run their evangelical nutjobs as candidates and that just isnt happening. Carson seems like someone I could support though.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Had the honor of meeting him when he spoke at my school last year. He's been on record saying he has no interest in running for candidacy, though.
Never heard him say that, and everything he's said lately indicates he will, as promised, announce one way or another in April or May -- and he certainly is spending a lot of time testing the waters to "not" be running.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Probably just going to vote for hillary unless the republicans can put up someone moderate enough that I don't think they will be too bad. Normally though they like to run their evangelical nutjobs as candidates and that just isnt happening. Carson seems like someone I could support though.
Billary and her ilk, plus this nutcase in the White House, is what has us on the brink of disaster, and you would vote to continue our decline under misguided liberalism?

Interesting ...

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
what can I say? I'd rather have 'Billary' and your good friend Obama, than a misguided evangelical conservative.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
what can I say? I'd rather have 'Billary' and your good friend Obama, than a misguided evangelical conservative.
What is it about evangelical conservatives that bothers you especially? Are you envisioning some sort of Dr. Strangelove scenario?

3Scoreand10

I know that I am old and slow, but I cannot for the life of me understand how you can cal youself a christian and support some one who supports killing babies and the homosexual agenda.
I just don't understand

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Maybe because there is more than just gay marriage and abortion involved in an election. Not to mention while I might not participate in either of those activities to legislate christian morality among secular people is a quick way to get christians on an even more hated/undesirables list.

You don't like abortions or gay marriages then don't have one. Lost people are going to do what lost people and denying them rights based on sexual preferences is just wrong, and people get abortions whether or not they are legal, so having safe places they can go is better than back alleys, not to mention I think they are at worth consideration in cases of rape, incest, or when carrying to term could harm or possibly kill the mother.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Maybe because there is more than just gay marriage and abortion involved in an election. Not to mention while I might not participate in either of those activities to legislate christian morality among secular people is a quick way to get christians on an even more hated/undesirables list.

You don't like abortions or gay marriages then don't have one. Lost people are going to do what lost people and denying them rights based on sexual preferences is just wrong, and people get abortions whether or not they are legal, so having safe places they can go is better than back alleys, not to mention I think they are at worth consideration in cases of rape, incest, or when carrying to term could harm or possibly kill the mother.
1) There is more than just same sex marriage and abortion on demand to consider. That is true.

2) Christians have every Constitutional right to influence our Laws to reflect Christian morals, God's will. Those who hate us, will do so even if we stand silently by and do nothing.

3) True, people (non Christians) will do what is contrary to Gods will, but that in no way lessens the Christians duty to witness to them and inform them that their actions are against the will of God, and that they stand in danger of eternal damnation.

4) The "back ally" abortion argument is a straw man argument on the part of liberals to justify their abortion on demand ideology. Scare tactics designed to make Christians look like people in favor of such barbaric acts.

5) Rape, Incest, Life of the Mother have always been exceptions to abortions. In the last legislation presented by the Republicans, these were included. The only stipulation being that in the case of rape/incest, these crimes had to have been reported to the proper Legal Authorities. Liberals railed against such an idea? Would it not make sense to want to identify those persons who would commit such acts as rape and/or incest and hold them accountable? Apparently not to liberals. So, who is really looking out for the safety of women's rights?

6) Rape, incest, life of the mother account for ONLY about 1 to 2 percent of the abortions performed in the US. Given that over 60 million have taken place...........do the liberals believe that 98% of abortions are nothing more than "oops" birth control is acceptable? Seriously?

Acts 5:28 .) Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
29 .) Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
30 .) The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31 .) Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 .) And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014

So you base your political preferences on a caricature?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I agree with witnessing and informing people about God and his wishes. Not with forcing to live that way against their will.

3Scoreand10

When I consider who I vote for, I have found that those who support the killing of babies and support the homosexual agenda do not agree with me on anything.
What I am saying is their agenda is totaly different from mine on every thing. We disagree on everything.

Again, I cannot understand how a person can call himself a Christian and support such ungodly people.
When you vote for them, you are putting your stamp of aproval on them.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
When I consider who I vote for, I have found that those who support the killing of babies and support the homosexual agenda do not agree with me on anything.
What I am saying is their agenda is totaly different from mine on every thing. We disagree on everything.

Again, I cannot understand how a person can call himself a Christian and support such ungodly people.
When you vote for them, you are putting your stamp of aproval on them.
Well thats fine. Maybe you should stay out of the election in general and leave it up to the people who have to live in this country long after your choices have been made?

3Scoreand10

Well thats fine. Maybe you should stay out of the election in general and leave it up to the people who have to live in this country long after your choices have been made?
Attitudes like yours is what will bring God's judgement upon this nation long before you reach my age.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I agree with witnessing and informing people about God and his wishes. Not with forcing to live that way against their will.
Odd concept..............BUT you DO AGREE with FORCING Christians to live in a way that is against the Will of God? Because that is exactly what this implies.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Where do you draw the line when so many of these so-called secular values and laws have origins in Christian ethics?

skipp

Mar 6, 2014
Where do you draw the line when so many of these so-called secular values and laws have origins in Christian ethics?
Good point. Abortion for example is straight up murder.