ETERNAL LIFE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 31, 2016
For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON, that whoever believes in HIM should not perish but have ETERNAL LIFE. (John 3:16) And this is ETERNAL LIFE, that they may know YOU, the only true GOD, and JESUS CHRIST whom YOU have sent. (John 17:3) Translation from RVR1960

F

FreeNChrist

For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON, that whoever believes in HIM should not perish but have ETERNAL LIFE. (John 3:16) And this is ETERNAL LIFE, that they may know YOU, the only true GOD, and JESUS CHRIST whom YOU have sent. (John 17:3) Translation from RVR1960
Eternal life is the quality of life that God alone possesses. To "know" God is to be spiritually united with Him. And by being spiritually united with God we share in His life....eternal life....life that has no beginning and no end.

azlightsout

Apr 20, 2016
Eternal life is the quality of life that God alone possesses. To "know" God is to be spiritually united with Him. And by being spiritually united with God we share in His life....eternal life....life that has no beginning and no end.
YES - god is good

Feb 11, 2016
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life:

and they are they which testify
of me.

Christ
is that,

That eternal life, which was with the Father,

(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness,
and
shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true,

and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

This is
the true God,
and eternal life

And
this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

and
shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)

Jan 7, 2015
Proverbs 30:4
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

E

eternally-gratefull

eternal - never ending,
life (spiritual life)

It should be self explanatory, But sadly, Satan has twisted the words to mean something else. instead of taking them at face value..

T

Trail-of-Truth

​SHOULD not perish- if you believe you SHOULD get saved.

E

eternally-gratefull

​SHOULD not perish- if you believe you SHOULD get saved.
the word "should" is not in the greek, It is an interpretors interpretation of the aorist verb "parish" preceded by the adverb "not"

it literally says who ever believes in him, not perish.

WebersHome

Dec 9, 2014
-
Almighty God is an eternal life (Gen 21:33) which is a quality of life that's
impervious to age, death, and putrefaction; ergo: Almighty God has never
died, nor is it even possible for Almighty God to die.

In addition, according to John 5:26 and 1John 1:1-2, the Word (John 1:1) is
an eternal life too; ergo: the Word is impervious to age, death, and
putrefaction; ergo: the Word has never died, nor is it even possible for the
Word to die.

Now, the fact that the Word is an eternal life precludes the possibility of the
Word relinquishing his original existence in order to become a human
existence; viz: when the Word became flesh as per John 1:14, the Word did
not, and could not, cease to exist as his original self; viz: the Word
continued to exist as a spirit being simultaneously with his existence as a
human being.

Q: Doesn't 1Cor 15:45 prove that the Word's existence as a spirit being was
interrupted when he became flesh; and then when the Word rose from the
dead he went back to his existence as a spirit being? "The first man Adam
became a living soul; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit."

A: That verse is not speaking of the two men's endings; rather, their
respective beginnings; viz: Adam was born a living soul and that's it; while
Jesus was born not only a living soul; but also a living spirit.

The Watch Tower Society insists that human life is entirely organic. Well;
Christ obviously wasn't entirely organic. Within him was not just human life;
but also the life of God.

Col 2:9 . . It is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells
bodily.

The Greek word for "divine quality" is theotes (theh-ot'-ace) which
means: divinity.

Theotes is modified by the Greek definite article "ho" which means "the". Of
all the divinities that can be named; which is the divinity? Well, of course
the divinity is God. So then Col 2:9 could be paraphrased "It is in him that
all the fullness of Jehovah dwells bodily."

Surely at least a portion of the fullness of Jehovah is the power to both give
and to sustain all manner of life. So even had Christ not been a life-giving
spirit, he was at the very least a life-giving man.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Feb 11, 2016
1John 1:3
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us:
and truly
our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love
him,
and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist,
that denieth
the Father and the Son.

1John 2:23
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:
[(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father
also].

John 17:23
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect
in one;
and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them,
as thou hast loved me.

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ,
whom
thou hast sent.

1 John 1:2
and shew unto you
that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)

Heres a few showing the Father and Son the the fellowship of them

WebersHome

Dec 9, 2014
-
I have bad eyes too and that's why I go right on by posts that more resemble Xmas
decorations than intelligent compositions. Too much glare.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Feb 11, 2016
-
I have bad eyes too and that's why I go right on by posts that more resemble Xmas
decorations than intelligent compositions. Too much glare.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I met my legally blind best freind Chrissie by posting that way, she was able to read the forums much better

It helps me, helps some other and yet others hate it, I typically read more pronounced replies, rarely do I read yours.

I dont do it all the time, when I remember to change it back

Try the ignore button I will fall off the face of the earth for you and make you extremely happy.

Try not to compare our eyes

Mar 28, 2016
Yes the word eternal is the key, the gift is eternal life, the wage needed to pay the debt of denying the word of God by faith in the garden. It called eternal damnation never rising to new life again . The gift must be equal to the wage of sin and need an eternal being as the lamb of God slain from the foundation of this world, Christ in God to accomplish it. For if any man, Jew or Gentile has not the Spirit of Christ then neither do they belong to Christ, the anointing Holy Spirit of God.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
the word "should" is not in the greek, It is an interpretors interpretation of the aorist verb "parish" preceded by the adverb "not"

it literally says who ever believes in him, not perish.
Amen! The NASB says, "shall not" perish.. John 3:18 says - He who believes in Him "is not" condemned and not should not be condemned, but might. In The Catholic Bible (NAB) John 3:16 reads - For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

Two mights? Talk about throwing doubt on whether or not a person who believes in Him will receive eternal life. Catholicism teaches that we can't know for sure if we have eternal life. They call that the "sin of presumption," which explains a lot.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

E

eternally-gratefull

Amen! The NASB says, "shall not" perish.. John 3:18 says - He who believes in Him "is not" condemned and not should not be condemned, but might. In The Catholic Bible (NAB) John 3:16 reads - For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

Two mights? Talk about throwing doubt on whether or not a person who believes in Him will receive eternal life. Catholicism teaches that we can't know for sure if we have eternal life. They call that the "sin of presumption," which explains a lot.

Did not know that about the catholic bible.. wow. the lengths which people will do to support a doctrine..

E

eternally-gratefull

1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
You know this is pretty amazing, This tells me that whoever does not think they have eternal life. will not continue to believe in his name, No matter they always walk away, just like John said earlier in his letters.. (They left us, but they were never of us,)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You know this is pretty amazing, This tells me that whoever does not think they have eternal life. will not continue to believe in his name, No matter they always walk away, just like John said earlier in his letters.. (They left us, but they were never of us,)
I once had a Catholic priest tell me that the Greek word for "know" in 1 John 5:13 does not necessarily equate to absolute certainty. :eek: