Evidence of the Spirit with the Believer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 1, 2015
Actually two men of God have been kind enough to disprove quite a few things you've "concluded" without any evidence to back them up and supposed when I'm quite sure you've supposed wrong. I think they've been very gracious to you.

I'm keeping my mouth shut knowing I probably would not be. However, you might want to do some thinking about what they said before continuing to summarize what was never yours to summarize.
Read both the quote and my post to which he was responding and you will see he is answering something else entirely.

Yes if you can't trust yourself to be polite and civil, best not say anything. God knows your heart.

Jul 1, 2015
Well, I was referring to the signs and wonders part of the OPs questioning which then you discussed with them, so I guess you mean the 'we' then as you and the OP (and maybe 1 or two others)?

I had bad spelling in my post I know :) Comes from trying to post using a cell phone.. but unintelligible?

Re-iterating:

You've concluded that 'we' believe Jesus' second coming is 'that which is perfect' in 1 Corinthians 13.. when in actual fact as I posted, there are around 4 people who are either part of full cessationists posting in this thread.

So who is the 'we'? :)

Anyhoo..

This thread has been mostly done in good heart. Like I posted before- if at least you are looking at signs and wonders from the apostles and disciples perspective then.. they did have very particular purposes for spreading the gospel, establishing Jesus' churches and proving Jesus' and the disciples and apostles authority.

As far as fruits go.. there will be evidence initially of a believer having been sealed with the Holy Spirit, which would be fruits.. but I would also say if you don't actually see these fruits in a believer.. doesn't mean they didn't at one point have them, and doesn't mean they aren't saved.
Seems you got me muddled up with the OP too and then answered something that I hadn't said. It is like saying "The choice of wallpaper in your bedroom is appalling." when a) I was not even discussing wallpaper, b) I have none in my bedroom anyway and c) you have never seen it.

Feb 21, 2012
Who was that evidence for?

Peter recounts that it was for the sake of the Jews present that they might know that the very same Spirit that was upon them was now given to the Gentiles.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Yep . . . As it is given to each believer. How did they know that these Gentiles had been given the like gift as they on the day of Pentecost? The manifestation of speaking in tongues - which was the evidence of the Spirit within.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Seems you got me muddled up with the OP too and then answered something that I hadn't said. It is like saying "The choice of wallpaper in your bedroom is appalling." when a) I was not even discussing wallpaper, b) I have none in my bedroom anyway and c) you have never seen it.
Mis communication going on :)

I was responding to the summary you made.

I am pointing out your summary isnt for the whole thread of posters but for the op, yourself and one or two others.

I find it annoying to be put with the 'we' in the summary. But clearly you must mean not everyone in this thread.

Dont know how this isnt clear.

Peace out