Evolution, Big Bang, and the Bible.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2013
Hey guys, I have been wanting to explain my opinion on the Bible and how I think that it very closely relates to evolution and the Big Bang (or something similar).

The Bible says that man was made from dust. The Big Bang says that everything is made from dust and matter, etc. Both of them lead up to the conclusion that dust is what was used to create.

I believe that the tree of knowledge was not actually a tree, but a symbol of wisdom. As man evolved, that wisdom grew until man finally ate the 'fruit' of knowledge and used his knowledge for sin. I believe this says that as man's intelligence evolved, that Adam and Eve were the first humans capable of reasoning through guilt. I believe that the tree was just a symbol of the growing knowledge rather than being a tree itself. And I believe that the Garden of Eden was Earth through the eyes of ignorance. It was seen as being beautiful and free from sin, but through the eyes of knowledge, evil can be seen through the world.

When God put Adam to sleep and took one of his ribs and created Eve, I believe that this means that Eve came from the same flesh as Adam - the same ancestor. She evolved into the second human who was capable of the same logic and reasoning as Adam was - to the point that she could feel shame through simple actions.

God said that the animals of the Earth were created before Adam and Eve. Then later he gave them the option to name the animals for themselves.

The Bible portrays Earth being created before the Sun. Within the Big Bang theory, this is very possible. The Earth may have very well been formed and have drifted through space long before the Sun appeared. It was not as we recognized it, but it was still Earth nevertheless. After the Sun was formed, Earth was one of its planets to become pulled into its gravitational field. With the help of God, it hit the gravitational pull at a perfect tilt which made it possible for water to be the primary source of life (since it would not freeze or boil).

What are your thoughts?
I think that evolution is a lie straight from satan himself. If you want to believe that your father is a monkey then have at it. My father is almighty God and I am created in his image. The bible or your college professor choose one.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
A christian is one who takes God at His Word.
His Word says that Adam was fashioned before Eve.
Eve was fashioned sometime after Adam had named the animals and from Adam's rib/side.
If Adam was fashioned before Eve then evolution is not true.

You may disagree with the above but don't call yourself a christian while not believing His Word.
And don't say you believe His Word while discounting Genesis as an allegory.

A

annointedshepherd

I think there are logical/philosophical reasons to think that God cannot do the logically impossible (it avoids paradoxes like the rock too heavy to lift), and I think it's probably impossible for something to come from nothing. Most modern theologians use the definition of omnipotence "all power that is logically possible" or "that is not logically contradictory" for this reason :)
So that makes me suspect there's a little more to it than God created everything out of 'nothing', maybe the energy he expends on creating forms the universe for example, then it's not created from 'nothing', but from his energy (or whatever mechanism he uses). I'm just rambling about a minor point I guess :p The idea that a nothingness isn't something that can exist and be changed into things in any sense
In the beginning God CREATED the heavenand the earth
in the Hebrew this word created means to create something from nothing

PS

Jan 11, 2013
In the beginning God CREATED the heavenand the earth
in the Hebrew this word created means to create something from nothing
Even the scientists admit there was nothing. :)

NateDaGrimes

Jan 7, 2013
So if something cannot come out of nothing, where did god come from?
if god came from something then that something would be the real god because God cannot really come from anything.

please spare me with the dumb questions

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Eve was fashioned sometime after Adam had named the animals and from Adam's rib/side.

You may disagree with the above but don't call yourself a christian while not believing His Word.
God created mankind (adamah) which was translated adam. :)

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

About the rib and marriage

It is commonly observed, and pertinently enough, that the woman was not made from the superior part of man, that she might not be thought to be above him, and have power over him; nor from any inferior part, as being below him, and to be trampled on by him; but out of his side, and from one of his ribs, that she might appear to be equal to him; and from a part near his heart, and under his arms, to show that she should be affectionately loved by him, and be always under his care and protection: and she was not "created" as things were, out of nothing, nor "formed" as Adam was, out of the dust of the earth, being in the same form as man; but "made" out of refined and quickened dust, or the flesh and bones of man, and so in her make and constitution fine and lovely; or "built" (n), as the word signifies, which is used, because she is the foundation of the house or family, and the means of building it up: or rather to denote the singular care and art used, and fit proportion observed in the make of her:

and brought her unto the man: from the place where the rib had been carried, and she was made of it; or he brought her, as the parent of her, at whose dispose she was, and presented her to Adam as his spouse, to be taken into a conjugal relation with him, and to be loved and cherished by him; which, as it affords a rule and example to be followed by parents and children, the one to dispose of their children in marriage, and the other to have the consent of their parents in it; as well as it is a recommendation of marriage, as agreeable to the divine will, and to be esteemed honourable, being of God: so it was a type of the marriage of Christ, the second Adam, between him and his church, which sprung from him, from his side; and is of the same nature with him, and was presented by his divine Father to him, who gave her to him; and he received her to himself as his spouse and bride; see Ephesians 5:29.

CLICKY

Last edited:

NateDaGrimes

Jan 7, 2013
if god came from something then that something would be the real god because God cannot really come from anything.

crap cant find the edit button but oh well you guys really need it to be set to 15 minutes to edit...

okay i kinda see i was little too harsh but im quite tired atm.. feel free ridding that comment

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
God created mankind (adamah) which was translated adam. :)

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

About the rib and marriage

It is commonly observed, and pertinently enough, that the woman was not made from the superior part of man, that she might not be thought to be above him, and have power over him; nor from any inferior part, as being below him, and to be trampled on by him; but out of his side, and from one of his ribs, that she might appear to be equal to him; and from a part near his heart, and under his arms, to show that she should be affectionately loved by him, and be always under his care and protection: and she was not "created" as things were, out of nothing, nor "formed" as Adam was, out of the dust of the earth, being in the same form as man; but "made" out of refined and quickened dust, or the flesh and bones of man, and so in her make and constitution fine and lovely; or "built" (n), as the word signifies, which is used, because she is the foundation of the house or family, and the means of building it up: or rather to denote the singular care and art used, and fit proportion observed in the make of her:

and brought her unto the man: from the place where the rib had been carried, and she was made of it; or he brought her, as the parent of her, at whose dispose she was, and presented her to Adam as his spouse, to be taken into a conjugal relation with him, and to be loved and cherished by him; which, as it affords a rule and example to be followed by parents and children, the one to dispose of their children in marriage, and the other to have the consent of their parents in it; as well as it is a recommendation of marriage, as agreeable to the divine will, and to be esteemed honourable, being of God: so it was a type of the marriage of Christ, the second Adam, between him and his church, which sprung from him, from his side; and is of the same nature with him, and was presented by his divine Father to him, who gave her to him; and he received her to himself as his spouse and bride; see Ephesians 5:29.

CLICKY
Still, Eve came subsequent to ADAM...

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
(Gen 2:18-23)

You can't make the word 'adam' into one event in this case.

PS

Jan 11, 2013

Then why is it alright for scientists to say before the Big Bang there was nothing?

Science must be wrong, because according to you something has to come from something.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Still, Eve came subsequent to ADAM...

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
(Gen 2:18-23)

You can't make the word 'adam' into one event in this case.
This is the joining of two people together in marriage.

S

SeekingJC

okay maybe a technicality but a Christian is a person who follows and believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ. Just sayin'...
And again we focus on something no one can conclusively prove. It says in the bible that a day to God is as a thousand years to man and "is as a thousand" could just be a marker for a really really big number as a thousand was when it was written.

We all, well most of us anyway, love Jesus (ill pray for my atheist friends). When we meet Him in Heaven we can find the answer. I'm gonna guess God wouldn't want us tearing each other down or challenging each others faith because of this. But what do I know?

God Bless

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
If you are going to assert that the earth is six thousand years old and that dinosaurs and humans coexisted then you seriously need to take a look at the fossil record and find a friendly anthropologist.

Fatal noob mistake. Creationism and young earth are two different things. What are dinosuars? Extinct animals. Actully there are accounts of so called Dinosurs in bible, along with a descritpion of something that sounds like a creature that could be the origin of different accounts of dragons.

P.S it's spelled atheism not athiesm
When people resort to pulling up typos and spelling mistakings in a post, it sounds they are on the back foot and desperatly trying to keep ahead in debate etc, silly schoolboy mistake in debate and discussion.

G

Grey

Hop aboard the merry go round! Many scientists will say that the universe came out of nothing as well.

G

Grey

Fatal noob mistake. Creationism and young earth are two different things.

What are dinosuars? Extinct animals. Actully there are accounts of so called Dinosurs in bible, along with a descritpion of
something that sounds like a creature

When people resort to pulling up typos and spelling mistakings in a post, it sounds they are on the back foot and desperatly trying to keep ahead in debate etc, silly schoolboy mistake in debate and discussion.
On the contrary it seems a bit desperate to call me on something I admitted wasn't an ad hominem and that I also spelled incorrectly up until a month ago, I mentioned it because I like spelling things properly and I figured that everyone could appreciate that. Apparently not you.

I never asserted young earth and creationism are the same, yet they are equally incorrect.

I've also read the bible front to back, Behemoth is likely a crocodile and Leviathan is probably a whale.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
You implied that as a Creationist I automatically endorse Young Earth. Job 40 and 41, Crocodile and Whale? Really? Hardly. Rather than admit what the obvious is, you have to call it an animal that is alive today in order to continue with your stance of Evolution, otherwise to admit its an extinct creature resembling the stories and legends of fire breathing monsters you have to consider that The Bible is corret in these things.

I have read Darwin, do i get a prize, or do I get the right to say because I read about Evolution and dont agree with it, I can now speak with authority on it like you and others do when it comes to God "Oh I read the Bible, its rubbish and fairy stories, it just re-inforces my belief its made up claptrap." See I can do that too, I read evolution and I think its just ridiculous, when you look at the complexity of just simple things, its totally ridiculous to suggest it "evolved", its far more logical to see it was created by a Designer. DNA is Gods lego kit, we are just starting to see that and understand DNA.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
On the contrary it seems a bit desperate to call me on something I admitted wasn't an ad hominem and that I also spelled incorrectly up until a month ago, I mentioned it because I like spelling things properly and I figured that everyone could appreciate that. Apparently not you.

I never asserted young earth and creationism are the same, yet they are equally incorrect.

I've also read the bible front to back, Behemoth is likely a crocodile and Leviathan is probably a whale.
Is there some sort of rule that the Bible has to name every single animal?

G

Grey

Is there some sort of rule that the Bible has to name every single animal?
Absolutely not, hes saying that there's evidence for dinosaurs in the bible, and most people point to Leviathan and Behemoth as evidence.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Absolutely not, hes saying that there's evidence for dinosaurs in the bible, and most people point to Leviathan and Behemoth as evidence.
Darwin writes about animals he saw in the tropics and I wouldn't expect to see jungle creatures living in desert Bible lands. Personally I think atheists have introduced a strawman that makes them look silly.

Just out of interest what do you think led to the extinction of the dinosaurs?

A supplementary question if you don't mind, do you think the timeline of the geological era is more or less correct give or take a few thousand years either way?

Last edited:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
okay maybe a technicality but a Christian is a person who follows and believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ. Just sayin'...
And again we focus on something no one can conclusively prove. It says in the bible that a day to God is as a thousand years to man and "is as a thousand" could just be a marker for a really really big number as a thousand was when it was written.

We all, well most of us anyway, love Jesus (ill pray for my atheist friends). When we meet Him in Heaven we can find the answer. I'm gonna guess God wouldn't want us tearing each other down or challenging each others faith because of this. But what do I know?

God Bless
wwell even now, 'evening and morning' one day...not a thousand years.
Also a christian is one who also has the Holy Spirit, who is the Author of Scripture...it's good to have the Author always here with us.