Feel so empty

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CaseyH

I just feel so empty. I feel somewhat like the Lord has left me and I feel so alone. I have tried to have faith but I just feel so weak. I continue to ask for saving faith but i just don't know. I pray that this is all just a temporary trial to bring me closer to Jesus and to build within me a strong faith. I just feel so dead inside and I feel like there is no hope for me.

wanderer6059

Oct 27, 2013
9You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its remotest parts And said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. 10Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous righthand.' 11"Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored; Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish.…

sister, if you believe Jesus was who He is, and Confess Him as your Lord. you got it, no more faith is needed, all faith is is a firm
persuasion of something. IE you are firmly persuaded in your belief(truth) that Jesus is the son of God and died for your sins. don't let feeling rule you, know who you are in Him, a beautiful daughter of God.

pistis: faith, faithfulness
Original Word: πίστις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: pistis
Phonetic Spelling: (pis'-tis)
Short Definition: faith, belief, trust
Definition: faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.HELPS Word-studies
[SIZE=+1]4102 pístis (from 3982/peithô, "persuade, be persuaded") – properly, persuasion (be persuaded, come to trust); faith.[/SIZE]

Aug 16, 2016
As the Lord stated in Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. We as body of Christ are a family so you're never alone.

G

Galatea

Hello, I would like to pm you with my testimony if you don't mind.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I can do all things through Christ Who STRENGTHENS me. It is a process, the more you are in the mindframe of Christ (word of God), the more He will strengthen you and help you grow in your faith. God does not practice favoritism, He says anyone who comes to Him, He will dine with him (or her). Hang on, let me get the verse...

Revelation 3:20, and John 14:23. :)

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I just feel so empty. I feel somewhat like the Lord has left me and I feel so alone. I have tried to have faith but I just feel so weak. I continue to ask for saving faith but i just don't know. I pray that this is all just a temporary trial to bring me closer to Jesus and to build within me a strong faith. I just feel so dead inside and I feel like there is no hope for me.
It is much better to listen to God (= read the Bible) than to make him listen to you (praying) in such situations.

If I can, I recommend you the Bible books written by John (the gospel and the 1st John).

Also, it can be only psychological problem, try to change your lifestyle, serve the God in some area, help people.... get more joy and fulfillment into your life.

Aug 15, 2009
Feelings & faith have nothing in common. Satan can make you feel worthless when the exact opposite is true.

Heb 10:36For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. 37FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE,
HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY.
38BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH;
AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
39But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

2Cor 5:6Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord— 7
for we walk by faith, not by sight8we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. 9Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Rom 1: 16For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17For in it therighteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “
BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.”
Habakkuk 2
“Behold, as for the proud one,
His soul is not right within him;
But the righteous will live by his faith

L

LaurenTM

Hi Casey

maybe you should have a chat with Galatea

you don't need scripture thrown at you and you do not need to be reprimanded

you need someone to talk to who understands

that would be Galatea it seems

God bless you...I hear what you are saying and I know you are reaching out

hugs

Dec 19, 2009
I sometimes experience some boredom but I never feel alone. The Lord is always with us. As far as dealing with my boredon, I try to walk with the Lord as best as I can - he always has something for me to do.

Aug 15, 2009
you don't need scripture thrown at you and you do not need to be reprimanded
I don't see anyone doing this.

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God

We who are giving the Word to her are encouraging her. Our lives are built on the Word, with Christ as our foundation.

Nothing could build better than that.:)

G

Galatea

I don't mind at all, I would love to read it. :)
I am sending you a message. I don't know if you are going through the same thing I experienced, but you may be.

Mar 23, 2016

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
You know God is there. A person who knows where the water is, digs until they reach it, then they are refreshed..I am yet to learn this lesson myself.

M

Miri

This is something I came across a while back, it might help:

But the Lord is with me as a mighty, awesome One. Therefore my persecutors
will stumble, and will not prevail… —Jeremiah 20: 11

DO YOU KNOW that the best time to thank Jesus for His presence is when you
don’t “feel” His presence? When it comes to the presence of Jesus, don’t go by
your feelings. Feelings can be deceptive. Go by His promise that He is Immanuel—God
with us! Feelings aren’t based on truth. God’s Word is truth!

Have you heard the story of a groom who approached his pastor almost immediately
after his wedding ceremony? He went up to his pastor and said, “Pastor, can I talk
to you for a second?” “Sure,” the pastor replied. The groom said, “You know what,
I don’t feel married.” The pastor grabbed him by the collar and growled, “Listen, boy.
You ARE married whether you feel it or not, understand? Just take it by faith that
you are married!” You see, my friend, you can’t go by your feelings. You go by the truth
and the truth is this: God promised, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So the best
time to practice His presence is precisely when you feel like Jesus is 100,000 miles away.
Remember that feelings aren’t based on truth. God’s Word is truth!