Genesis 2:23 -pa`am (Strongs H6471)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
No not at all, I Have a problem with natural processes as much or even more then YE creationists. What I have a problem with Christians not understanding Romans 1:20 ( God's invisible attributes are clearly seen by the things which he has made ) and Hebrews 6:18 (it is impossible for God to lie)
I agree 100% but, I fail to see how this in any way supports you claims regarding your interpretation of Yowm.

and fact that YEers, 6 day 24 hour literalist want interpret Genesis 1 without considering it is written in poetic fashion.
Whether or not this is in poetic Hebrew form is still a matter of debate. Even if it is, it does not change the definition of Yowm.

There is true evidence, that can't be tampered with, such as ice cores, tree rings, star light in billions of lightyears and much more. So either God created this earth and universe with an appearance of age and wants to tell it's young, which would be a lie or we aren't interpreting the meaning of Yom right. That yom or Day could be a reference to a time when God did the work and that work He did do was in steps or a curtain order, very much like how we work today in our daylight hours. Back in the day, human work begun at sunrise and was done when the sun went down, but the 24 hour day was my no means over.
The most obvious option is the one you are not willing to consider which is the misinterpretation and misrepresentation of these "evidences".

My interpretation Gen. 1 agrees more with the other biblical creation account passages, save maybe exist 20:11, when God uses the phrases age-old, ancient, enduring and long ago for example Habakkuk 3:6, Micah 6:2 , and 2 Peter 3:5 ...Also the bible does not say specifically that these Genesis 1 days are 24 hours days, so you and others also read that into the text as much as I read it as being steps or God's work days.
Your interpretation of yowm fits no biblical examples. I can think of no time this word is ever used in scripture where it means anything other than a 24 hour period of time. Each time this word is used to represent multiple days it is always accompanied by the numerical value. For some strange reason you want to make Gen. 1 the exception to this grammatical rule, not because the grammar supports your contention but because your theology does not agree with it. Rather that change your theological position, you change the text.

You know that favorite passage the pre-trib/pre-mill love use, that 1 days is like 1000 years to God. But is ok when you apply that to your own theological view point for that, isn't it?
I am neither pre-trib not post-trib. The fact that 1000 years is often used to represent a complete and often unspecified amount, whether it be of time of something else based on the Hebrew representation of the number 10 does not mean that God does not count time. It simply shows that God is not contingent upon time. This argument offers absolutely no support to you contention.

Habakkuk 3:6, I'm you won't take this in a wooden literal sense.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]When he stands up, the earth shakes;
when he looks, the nations tremble,
the eternal mountains are smashed to pieces,
the ancient hills sink down;
the ancient paths are his.
Now this is poetic language that is used simply to show that creation responds to the reality, power, and presence of God.

It seems obvious that I am never going to get you understand the consequences of you approach to scripture. Perhaps we should end this here.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I agree 100% but, I fail to see how this in any way supports you claims regarding your interpretation of Yowm.

Whether or not this is in poetic Hebrew form is still a matter of debate. Even if it is, it does not change the definition of Yowm.

The most obvious option is the one you are not willing to consider which is the misinterpretation and misrepresentation of these "evidences".

Your interpretation of yowm fits no biblical examples. I can think of no time this word is ever used in scripture where it means anything other than a 24 hour period of time. Each time this word is used to represent multiple days it is always accompanied by the numerical value. For some strange reason you want to make Gen. 1 the exception to this grammatical rule, not because the grammar supports your contention but because your theology does not agree with it. Rather that change your theological position, you change the text.

I am neither pre-trib not post-trib. The fact that 1000 years is often used to represent a complete and often unspecified amount, whether it be of time of something else based on the Hebrew representation of the number 10 does not mean that God does not count time. It simply shows that God is not contingent upon time. This argument offers absolutely no support to you contention.

Now this is poetic language that is used simply to show that creation responds to the reality, power, and presence of God.

It seems obvious that I am never going to get you understand the consequences of you approach to scripture. Perhaps we should end this here.
Yah, lol...trust me I understand what you trying to tell me, it's what all YE creationists accuse OE creationists about. Yes, lets end the day of our discussion over this, and agree to disagree.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
sorry, one last thing, there are plenty of examples oh how I interpret day in Genesis 1 and it's meaning is not a 24 day, but a period in time when something has occurred or when something will occur...such as Genesis 2:4,[SUP]4 [/SUP]This is the history[SUP][a][/SUP] of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day (a time in the past) that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

and

Genesis 3:4
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For God knows that in the day (a time in the future) you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

I wasn't trying to imply that you were a pre-tribber, but only they use this in defense for their eschatology and for the most part get away with it, but I don't lol.

Peace.

Last edited: