Have you ever changed your mind about baptism being essential to salvation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sanashankar

The Bible says in order to be saved, you must believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, born of a virgin, who died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins, died, rose again the third day, and is alive now and sitting at the right hand of God. First of all, if you do not believe this, you are already damned. The Bible says so. The Bible gives also instructions for salvation. You must repent, confess your sins, and be baptized with water and spirit. The Bible states if you are not "born again", you will not inherit eternal life. It is faith and grace. Works will not save you, although we need words in order to please God. Faith without works is dead. But good works will never save anyone.

You seem to be confused a lot. The questions is have you ever changed your mind about baptism being essential for salvation? This is the question. My answer is NO... you must be baptized according to the word of God, with the exception, as I stated before, if you are like the thief on the cross. The thief on the cross was not baptized, and if you are on your dying bed, in the 11th hour of your life and accept the Lord, and repent, and don't have time to get baptized before you are dead, then yes, you can still have salvation. It's so easy. Why is everyone making it so confusing and complicated?
I'm not confused dear. But i do not see a verse in the bible which says we should take "water" baptism to get salvation. The question is
[h=2]Have you ever changed your mind about baptism being essential to salvation? [/h]
My answer: i have never considered water baptism essential for salvation, but baptism of the holy spirit only leads us to salvation.

What is so confusing in that???Paul says

1C 1:17 . For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

So Paul is telling that if he is come to baptize then the cross of Christ will be made none affect, right?Circumcision was "the" most important ritual for the Jews, more important than Baptism. Paul said it was "NOTHING". Jesus baptized because he was under the law. Are we under the law? Jesus circumcised, why Paul asked us not to circumcise? Because Jesus fulfilled the law for us, now we are under the "law of liberty". We are to seek things that are above, spiritual things. How can physical rituals make us spiritual?

Col 3:1 . If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Water baptism cannot make us"born again". there are a lot of people who are sinners but are baptized. Only the baptism of the Holy spirit can help us to be born again.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Aug 20, 2013
Baptism may be essential, but as far as salvation goes, confession is requested.

Galatians2-20

Mar 17, 2013
"We are by grace through faith..." ~ Ephesians 2:8

Repentance is actually required for salvation. While salvation may be a gift of God, a person must "position" themselves to receive this gift through an act of faith which, in this case, just so happens to be repentance (humility and confession).

Galatians2-20

Mar 17, 2013
Great post Shanashanker. If water baptism was required for salvation then Ephesians 2:8-10 is a lie. Rather, water baptism is an outward expression by man to reflect an inner work by God (Spirit baptism).

A

Ariel82

I don't believe that water Baptism is essential for salvation (the thief on the cross was not taken off the cross and baptized in water and Jesus was not baptized until he was 30).

However, I do believe people should be baptize so that we declare not only to the WORLD but also to the angels (both faithful and fallen) and the entire universe that we stand for and with Jesus.

I believe that people should NOT be baptized as children. I'm ok with praying for them and dedicating them to God but I believer baptism should be a choice after having grown up under the taskmaster and being lead to Christ.

After someone is baptized they will be tested and tempted by the devil. Often people are unprepared for the test. they do not know scripture. they can not see how Satan twists it and they fall into temptation and lusts of this world. Even Jesus was tempted after His baptism by Satan. the Bible says the Holy SPirit drove Him to the desert.

I believe we must each learn to stand up for Truth and resist the devil and watch him flee, before we are entrusted with a ministry, a good work for the glory of God.

We must learn to be mature Christians. We must have roots sent deep in His Word.

Therefore, I do not believe baptism is needed for salvation. However baptism is needed before you can truly walk in the ministry and work God intends for you to undertake for His glory. In addition, Jesus was baptized, why would you NOT want to follow His example?