Heyy everyonne... Long time no see (:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BeauBLESSED

I would like to formally congratualte you on your ability to change peoples words. Great job!
Go read your bible Caleb. I bet it's getting lonely...

Nov 30, 2009
So i've read through this whole thread and have seen it go from opinions and advice to judgements and personal attacks.
Maybe we need to remember to give our advice and opinions but remember that God is the only judge in this or any situation.
I hope everything works out for you MeganneCheers :)
God bless ya x

M

madona

i think it worked out with meganne but not with others here .calm down guys we`re all brothers and sisters can`t u give ur opinions WITHOUT fighting?????????? i hope u can

A

alanwrench

I am completely in shock to be honest. Your comment on wanting to be with someone of a completely different faith really through for a loop. We are told to share faith with out spouse.

1 Corinthians 7:39 "A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord."

2 Corinthians 6:14-15 "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"

Remember not to listen to your heart. Jeremiah 17:9 tells us "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"

I am praying that God will show His ways and that he will work in your life. God Bless.
I take serious issue with your statements. The bible clearly states that a wife's first duty is to obey and support her husband fully regardless of his own faith and actions.

1Cor. 7:13, "And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?"

1Pet. 3:1 "Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, 2 when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear." It's clear that this 1Pet. 3 wife, whether her husband believes or not ," even if some do not obey the word", must live a life of righteousness. Her lifestyle of Purity, 3 chaste conduct accompanied by fear" has an impact on her unbelieving husband. 1Peter 3:2, practiced will cause her unbelieving husband to think about Christ and the change He has made in his own wife's life. Certainly her disobedience to God will not win her husband to Christ. Look at Titus 2: 4 "that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed." Paul says that the word of God could be "blasphemed" if the wife is not discreet, chaste, good and obedient to their own husbands. Three of the four characteristics speak of moral character. No where does Paul suggest she sin in her attempt to be submissive. We must understand that godly submission involves living godly, which means after God's character. Peter tells the wife who lives with an unbeliever, 3, "Do not let your adornment be merely outward--arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel--4, rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 5, For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, 6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror." Peter speaks of women in the OT that had a "gentle and quiet spirit". This is what God desires in the character of the wife. This is what is "precious in the sight of God". It was in this manner (meek & quiet spirit) that Sarah acted towards Abraham. When Sarah called her husband lord, it was a title of honor, a title of esteem.

C

Cako53

Go read your bible Caleb. I bet it's getting lonely...
Wow. Cause I bet you have so much insight on my relationship with God. I'm leaving this here because I find it totally pointless to continue to stoop down your level. Have a great day. God Bless.

Jul 10, 2009
this is way out of controll were suppose to love each other not fight over this

B

BeauBLESSED

Wow. Cause I bet you have so much insight on my relationship with God.
No. It's because I hate that you have a tendency to point out the faults of others, especially where it is not asked for. Bear in mind that no one is perfect and that you should keep to taking care of your own faults.

Y

yoej_ogart

No. It's because I hate that you have a tendency to point out the faults of others, especially where it is not asked for. Bear in mind that no one is perfect and that you should keep to taking care of your own faults.
He's actually done that to me before.. but come on you two! STOP IT!

B

BeauBLESSED

He's actually done that to me before..
Thanks for the backup Joey.
Anyways, I'ma leave you with a line from Paramore's song 'Playing God' (which kicks arseee):

"If God's the game that you're playing
Well we must get more acquainted
Because it has to be so lonely
To be the only one who's holy"

I'll be praying for you, Caleb, that you'll accept people as they are and stop charging at them with your Bible quotes.

M

MeganneCheers

Oh, my gosh guys.
I was just trying to say that I hadn't been on in a while and I wanted to say what was up.
This has gone a little wild. Girls, you're both pretty :)

AND WHO SAID THAT THING ABOUT THE "DUTIES OF A WIFE"?
ahahahahaha! No! I am my own freaking person.

I would never ever ever do something or support something I didn't believe in just because a man does.

He is no better than me. Society has pretty much declared it;;

We're equal.

And I am standing by it.
Beau, Caleb... I love yooh both. Calm it down. Thank you Joey for being peacemaker.
But this has gone KUUKUU! D: