Homosexuality..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
My views on homosexuality are, we are not born with homosexuality...and God definitely doesn't make people the wrong gender. God does not make mistakes. He made us the way we were intended to be (to have a relationship with Him and for marriage to be between a man and woman, etc.)...and I don't think God would cause someone to be born to go against His word...now, we are just as much in need of a Savior as they are...but, the Bible does say that you shouldn't be attracted to someone who is the same gender as you are...and I know that Jesus does not leave people in their sins when you believe in Him...it's YOU who leaves HIM. (Just so you know I'm not hating on homosexuals, because, gay or not, we all try and leave God and try and do our own thing.) But we should love EVERYONE. The Bible doesn't say just love some people, he says love ALL. Whether they be weird, nerdy, jerk-ish, or anything else. It shouldn't matter who the person is or how they live...just LOVE them...and tell them that JESUS loves them. You just might get someone thinking about Jesus...you just might get someone going to church, which could lead them into getting saved.

I hope no one who is gay or has been delivered from being gay is offended, and I hope this all made sense.

H

hislastwalk

My views on homosexuality are, we are not born with homosexuality...and God definitely doesn't make people the wrong gender. God does not make mistakes. He made us the way we were intended to be (to have a relationship with Him and for marriage to be between a man and woman, etc.)...and I don't think God would cause someone to be born to go against His word...now, we are just as much in need of a Savior as they are...but, the Bible does say that you shouldn't be attracted to someone who is the same gender as you are...and I know that Jesus does not leave people in their sins when you believe in Him...it's YOU who leaves HIM. (Just so you know I'm not hating on homosexuals, because, gay or not, we all try and leave God and try and do our own thing.) But we should love EVERYONE. The Bible doesn't say just love some people, he says love ALL. Whether they be weird, nerdy, jerk-ish, or anything else. It shouldn't matter who the person is or how they live...just LOVE them...and tell them that JESUS loves them. You just might get someone thinking about Jesus...you just might get someone going to church, which could lead them into getting saved.

I hope no one who is gay or has been delivered from being gay is offended, and I hope this all made sense.
I believe you can be born gay, just as easy as you can be born with 2 extra fingers, etc. but that doesn't mean God made you that way. We have to be born again for a reason, because we are ALL born into sin. So, I agree that God didn't make you gay.. Satan waits to deceive even children. Even spiritually you're born gay, straight, etc, because of the fact we're born in sin.. Theres proof that babies "masterbate" in the womb.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination...

And in the New Testament, it says having the desire is just like committing the crime...so pretty sure the Bible says to not be with a guy if you're a guy and not be with a girl if you're a girl.

M

mori

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination...

And in the New Testament, it says having the desire is just like committing the crime...so pretty sure the Bible says to not be with a guy if you're a guy and not be with a girl if you're a girl.
Careful there. I think you're equating lust with attraction, but the two aren't the same thing. Almost everyone I've read indicates that it's not the attraction itself that is sinful, but either ideation or acting out on it are.

As a thought experiment, let's suppose you find Justin Bieber attractive. You're at the mall one day when somebody walks by who looks like Justin Bieber. Your brain registers this person as beautiful. You may, even without thinking about it, take another glance.

Except it's one of those lesbians who looks like Justin Bieber. (Or is it the other way around?)

Have you committed any sin? Not until you start lusting after this person or actually sleep with her.

H

hislastwalk

Thinking someone is attractive isn't a sin, I have a friend who I think looks attractive but that doesn't mean I lust after him. Btw, EVERYONE struggles with lust, if you say you don't you're a liar. Kinda points out that we're not perfect eh?

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Careful there. I think you're equating lust with attraction, but the two aren't the same thing. Almost everyone I've read indicates that it's not the attraction itself that is sinful, but either ideation or acting out on it are.

As a thought experiment, let's suppose you find Justin Bieber attractive. You're at the mall one day when somebody walks by who looks like Justin Bieber. Your brain registers this person as beautiful. You may, even without thinking about it, take another glance.

Except it's one of those lesbians who looks like Justin Bieber. (Or is it the other way around?)

Have you committed any sin? Not until you start lusting after this person or actually sleep with her.
No I mean like, having a "crush" on someone your own gender. Because I don't think it's wrong to think this person is pretty or this person has nice hair, etc. But an actual attraction to them is wrong. That's what I'm saying...like a lust. An actual attraction.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Thinking someone is attractive isn't a sin, I have a friend who I think looks attractive but that doesn't mean I lust after him. Btw, EVERYONE struggles with lust, if you say you don't you're a liar. Kinda points out that we're not perfect eh?
I don't think everyone does. But I might be wrong there.

But as I said in the post before, I don't think it's wrong to say "This person looks really nice in that outfit! Or WOW she looks AMAZING!" because that's not an actual attraction. I say to people on facebook "Wow that's a really nice outfit on you!" or "Wow your hair looks AWESOME!!" because it does. Not because I'm attracted to them...plus, some people just see good in everything including looks and they like to give out compliments. That's just their personality

H

hislastwalk

I don't think everyone does. But I might be wrong there.

But as I said in the post before, I don't think it's wrong to say "This person looks really nice in that outfit! Or WOW she looks AMAZING!" because that's not an actual attraction. I say to people on facebook "Wow that's a really nice outfit on you!" or "Wow your hair looks AWESOME!!" because it does. Not because I'm attracted to them...plus, some people just see good in everything including looks and they like to give out compliments. That's just their personality
EVERYONE struggles with lust.. being tempted into something is one thing, we all struggle, it never ends.

J

Jordache

Well, hislastwalk, I'd like to point out that Jesus did point out specific sins. For instance, he very specifically pointed out the sinof the woman at the well; but he did so because he was listening to what the Father had to say to her and how he wanted to say it.
While I do believe that we shouldn't sugar coat the truth, I also think that we rush so quickly that we don't really listen to God's words and timing for whomever we are talking to. There were people whom Jesus spoke to but didn't point out their sin. Jesus did "fail" to point out sin in people like His disciples at every conversation. Otherwise, every conversation with them would have consisted of lots of pointing out of sin. However, sometimes Jesus just talked. Sometimes he taught. Sometimes he listened. SOMETIMES he pointed out sin. If God has called us to be the deliverer of the you are in sin message, He will reveal to us HIS words in HIS timing. Just because you fear you may not every see/speak to that person again, does not mean you have to throw out the "___________ is a sin and you must repent of it" speach. All revelation does not rest in our hands. God uses everyone and everything to communicate to people. The salvation of the world doesn't solely rest on yours and my shoulders. We each rest in the palm of HIs hand. And sometimes, I believe, we speak out of a fear that we don't really understand ourselves. "If I don't tell him, then it will be my fault that he goes to hell."

H

hislastwalk

I agree (+

D

DaveNky

The issue is: we tell people to stop sinning at the wrong time. Jesus never said "Change your ways before you ask for forgiveness." But he DID say "I forgive you, now go and sin no more." 99% percent of homosexuals have been told it's a sin, one more person shoving it down their throat WILL not help... I have bright so many homosexuals to Christ just by being their friend. If they ask, I will not sugarcoat the truth. But me bringing it up saying "you're going to Hell" isn't necessarly the right thing to do.
I never said Jesus said change your ways and I will forgive you. Jesus did say go and sin no more. I know hundreds of people who were told Jesus forgives you and it stopped there and they have the EXACT same life they had before.. partying, sleeping around, smoking dope. And they believe they are going to Heaven. These people have a false sense of security. The Bible says we are to put away the old self.

If a murderer refuses to believe that Murder is a sin and he asks Christ into his heart is he forgiven for that sin? If he bounces along his merry way and kills someone else is he still good to go?

Yeah I think most people know what their sin's are, but if they refuse to believe it it is a whole lot easier to handle it on the front end instead of waiting until they are teaching little kids in Sunday school their sin is ok, or that only parts of the Bible are true, or you have to tell them they can't take communion because they are living is un-confessed sin.

All of those things happen more often that you could imagine.

C

Cheliz

Homosexuality is a SIN just like any other sin, God does not have a level of sins.. He forgives a murderer just like He would forgive a liar. He loves them as He loves us. And it doesn't matter if there is an act or not if you even think about it, (dirty thoughts) it becomes a sin. God doesn't want followers with unholy minds. In every thought of temptation we must plea forgiveness. Of course there will always be temptations, but when your mind is occupied with Gods words and teaching is easier to live without sin. Remember that our worst enemy is ourselves.

H

hislastwalk

I agree!!! So why does it feel like every one is attacking me -____- lol