I don't know how people cope when they believe God is going to judge them

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

blue_pen

your logic is highly faulty.

Why cannot sin exist without God being sinful? Sin is disobedience to Gods law.

If you rob a bank, can you demand not to go to jail because, by your logic, the judge too has at some point done something wrong and thus what you did cannot be wrong?
No I do not use the argument that the judge has somehow done something wrong too and so cannot judge me. But the only judgement God makes and will ever make is a merciful one, or then I could use your argument.

K

Kerry

No I am not an athiest and yes am under the teaching that God is love and has no chastisement or Judgement. Men have chastisement and Judgement, God is eternal and so has plenty of time to allow his children to crucify themselves until they wish to no more.
The first question I will ask you is this. Why did God send His son to specifically die on the cross? your answer please.
What was his reasoning behinds this brutal act?

W

wwjd_kilden

To show mercy is to not do what is deserved. Thus for Him to be merciful, there must be a reason for Him to show mercy (sin)

K

Kerry

Blue pen I don't know if wwjd is answering for you. I must that I respect your belief and by no means wish demean your intellect only to inspire what faith God has already given you.

W

wwjd_kilden

yes, I was replying to him as he says there is no sin, yet that God will show mercy

K

Kerry

Please, I am just trying to understand your thought process and belief. We have established together that are discussion is that there is no sin. However your reply was that Jesus died on the cross for mercy. Please explain, Mercy for what? what was so diabolical on earth that God sacrificed His only begotten son? To demonstrate mercy? to show His great Love for us? Please understand, I am not meaning to belittle, only to understand the doctrine of this teaching.

K

Kerry

Oh well signing off in a few minutes. Maybe we can discuss later. I hope so I truly want to understand the basis of this theology. Maybe you could point to some website or some where that lays out the teaching of this doctrine?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
To pick and choose what one is willing to believe of God, leads to losing the perfect that God is and the love He has given us in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
To Know God and what is given, is first through Jesus, for the message of the cross is foolishness to those who perish.
Trying to know God Our Father with one's own understanding, is like trying to hold the universe and all not yet seen in ones own hand, and this is not possible.
Scripture says that God does not give as the world gives, this applies to all we seek and recieve in Jesus.
To deny any part of God's understanding and truth, is to deny one self the perfect, which is so vast and wide and great it will take an eternity to know.
I say this, so that none will lose the amazing gift of love given by God Our Father.
Yes He will judge us, but it will be a rightous judgement filled with mercy, understanding and love!
All need to know in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh, that all the scriptures are the truth given, but to understand, one must recieve and trust all understanding to be given by God, through His Holy Spirit in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
Many have tried to understand and reason the word of God, so as to be able to make their own peace with what is written, about God's judgement and wrath, accepting only what they can believe in their own understanding.
I know, for there was a time in the past I tried to do this myself.
But I soon realised it was a false peace, a weak understanding, and soon was overwelmed with confusion and termoil.
It was when willing, to read the scriptures, accepting all given with faith, that true understanding has been given, and continues to be given, all filled with God's chastizement, mercy, hope, rightousness, justice, care, humility, joy and a love so great, it continues dazzled me with amazement and pure joy.
Yes , God will judge the world, but He also will show His perfect love, understanding and mercy.
And all who have repented and recieived Jesus, will know this perfect love that is promised.

I know its not always easy to recieive the word written and spoken, only because we first live in flesh, and think in flesh.
But when one humbles themself before God in Jesus, by salvation, recieiving His understanding given through the Holy Spirit in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
All truth is revieled, and it is amazing, for we do not hold God's understanding, for His understanding is so great and beyond anything we could ever begin to conceive, His understanding holds us, and is always with us and given in Jesus.
For it is not about what we mesure as given, it is mesured out to us overflowing and given by God Our Father according to His mercy, will and love. :)
Do not rely on your understanding, but trust only in the understanding given by God through the Holy Spirit in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
Then the perfect is given, and judgement is not as you think it might be, but known with trembling and rejoiced in.
Read the scripture and in faith, recieive God's word as given, and all His understanding shall be revieled.
For God does not give as the world gives, He gives perfectly!

Judgement will be as spoken to in the scriptures, and may we always be humbled and praise God for this.
Read the scriptures as given, trusting God Our Father.

And yes, you will be so glad you did this, and will rejoice in it praiseing God!
And yes, the truth is perfect and worth seeking. :)
For all saved have put their trust in God, and know the peace that surpasses all understanding!

All is your glory Lord God, all is your praise!
In Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!

God bless
pickles

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
Well my friend God always gives a fair chance to everyone before judging them. And ooohhh you have acknowledged that you have been created, and yet tell GOD what to do.
He has said, It will be done. And He has given us Choice, choose Life in Christ JESUS, or death rejecting HIM. and trust this, GOD promises to be with you till the day you die, and will rid ALL fears of judgement, and increase moral reverance towards HIM so one day you may say that even if hell was not around, i would still follow HIM, with all my heart, mind and soul....

Come to Christ,

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

The devil is judged
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world(satan) is judged.

Is the one feeding you such lies, and shielding you from the beauty of His Face.
And you will have no need to fear or consider judgement if you only BELIEVED that JESUS CHRIST died for you, and will keep all your ways, preparing you for that Great ceremony where we(if you believe) will be wedded to our Husband.

He is life, and will give you Eternal Life, just choose Him.

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Children of wrath, ie those who will have the Wrath or Anger of GOD poured on them. We have seen that in Israel, and even other believers. but you can be a child of Light,where through the Spirit of God you will cry ABBA FATHER, and HE will say "YES SON". HE will give you the answers that you need, HE is a sea of knowledge, and wisdom.

And the only ticket (free mind you) is through Faith in HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, who was made sin for us, a curse for us, got scorged for us, hanged on a tree for what HE did not do. But His body was prepared for us so we may all gain eternal life.
These debates and saying i do not want this or that will get you in circles.

JESUS CHRIST, HE whom they cried HOSANNA is the REAL DEAL!!... Come to CHRIST....

B

blue_pen

The first question I will ask you is this. Why did God send His son to specifically die on the cross? your answer please.
What was his reasoning behinds this brutal act?
My reasoning is that Jesus was not sent to demonstrate dying on the cross, he was sent here to be raised again.

Last edited:
W

wwjd_kilden

How, according to you, was He to rise again if He didn't die? And why has He sent to rise again?
If you do not believe in sin, why do you think Jesus had to rise?

allaboutlove

Jun 11, 2013
How cwn you say you belive in God christ an the holy spirit an not the bible sence the bible is the only account of them... the only way that makes sence is you heard of them an thought o hey thats kinda a cool idea but i dont like the whole part about sin an judgment so im just gonna belive that that parts not true an someone how me beliving it is gonna make it so im sorry man but the only way that works is if your God an your not... you can hide behind your own ideas of how you wish things worked so because your scared of the truth all you want but in the end friend your gonna have to face that truth that judgment an with the belives yoi have now you should be afraid..... but if you would just put aside your own wabts an accept the wctual truth of the lord an savior jesus christ youd gave bo reason to fear friend.

E

enoch1nine

God won't need to judge us on the last day, nor will He need to cast us into the lake of fire.
Men will do both of those things to their selves when they are resurrected into His presence.

If Jesus baptizes us with fire, we begin to look into the mirror now. We become immersed in a witness against our wrongdoings, and we turn from our transgressions. Repentance for the remission of sin.
Turning away from wrong doing, for the gradual erasure of it.
If we ignore the corrective process now, we will be shoved before the mirror in one fell swoop and it will devastate us.

The fear of judgment is fire. If you stick your hand into it, you will be burned, just like your mom told you when you were 3 years old.

Feb 5, 2013
a born again believer-- one must accept the crucifixion and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Without the crucifixion there's no salvation. Without the shedding of Blood , there's no redemption. The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin(1John 1:7). Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood(revelation 1:5). It's through crucifixion that the works and ministry of Jesus has been completed,when the moment He said, while hanging on the cross, " IT IS FINISHED !"(John 19:30).
How could a man ignored this wonderful work of Jesus on the cross? Really I have no idea.

It is said that satan doesn't want to hear about the crucifixion, in fact, he and his demons are so scared in the Blood of Jesus.

A person who has discernment knows what I mean hahaha

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
I came to my beliefs by almost literally spontaineously combusting over my fear of God, which I still fear often, so i searched and searched for an explanation of God where this cannot be so, and, bonus, happens to be true. I divide scriptures into those that are wholly loving, kind and merciful (true) and those which are not (not true). I cannot love God under any other circumstance.
That's terrible! I am sorry that you felt that fearful :(

Can I offer a few thoughts? Please come back to me on these, if you like:

a) Even those of us who believe in God's judgement understand that the Bible talks about Christ in such a powerful way because through him we are spared the judgement of God! Look at what Paul writes:

Romans 7:24-8:2 said:
24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
b) I personally came to the understanding that suffering and evil is real, and terrible, and often comes from within the heart of people. I have seen a lot of really bad, greedy, evil stuff go down in even my relatively short lifetime so far. People can be some of the best and worst kinds of people there are :p I've spent many a long night wondering how God can let suffering happen, and when he will do something about it.
I realised that in Christ he has and he will do something about it, and that he will powerfully end it by judging it with fairness and equity. Everything wrong will be paid for, not a cent more or less. But a God who does not judge is a God who either cannot or will not right things that are wrong. Our courts are designed to bring justice, but they never do. They either do too much or too little. I want a Judge who will give everyone what they deserve. But this Judge also showers his mercy on those who would receive it and follow him, because Christ has stood in our place before the Just Judge, who sees the hearts of all people.

c) A warning: It is dangerous to characterise reality by what we like and what we don't like, or picking and choosing parts of Scripture not on their historicity but by the appeal of the content. I personally like the idea of staying at home and playing video games all day instead of working, but if I lived according to that reality, thing would be disastrous for me and for those I care about! I've always felt that any given spirituality can only be both true and worth having if there are bits of it that I don't immediately like. If God has anything worth saying, it must be different to what I think. Otherwise, hey, I don't need God :) So, I would be clear in your own mind why you think things are true or not true. Is it because they correspond to reality? Is it because there are actual textual/historical reasons for accepting or rejecting? Or is it because they correspond to what you already think?

d) I personally have no greater joy than in the Saviour who died for me, a reckless jerk, a sinful wretch. There is real joy in accepting these things about the Bible - the joy of knowing that even while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me! And for you! THAT'S how much he loves us, not that we loved him, but that he loves us and gave himself up for us. I really wish I could somehow communicate that feeling to you, because I think that in that is the real joy of the gospel.

1 John 4 said:
Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Dear friends, if God loved us in this way, we also must love one another. No one has ever seen God. If we love one another, God remains in us and His love is perfected in us.
This is how we know that we remain in Him and He in us: He has given assurance to us from His Spirit. And we have seen and we testify that the Father has sent His Son as the world’s Savior. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God—God remains in him and he in God. And we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
In this, love is perfected with us so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment,for we are as He is in this world. There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment.So the one who fears has not reached perfection in love. We love because He first loved us.