"I Have a Dream"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

About seven years ago, just before going to bed, I read John 16:13 for the first time. I closed my Bible and I asked God to show me something.
John 16:13

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I then laid down to sleep. Shortly after closing my eyes, I saw Jesus in the sky. He was pure gold from head to foot. His face was too bright to look upon. There were green flames shooting out from Him in every direction. He shouted in a voice so loud it should have waken everyone in Muskogee. The words He spoke were in a language foreign to me. Immediately, I opened my eyes. My entire body was shaking for several seconds. I then sat up on the edge of the bed, rubbing my eyes I said; "Wow what a dream". I then looked at the clock and noticed that only a few minutes had passed sense I first laid down; (not enough time to have fallen asleep.) Then I ask, "What did He say?" And instantly, even though the language He spoke was foreign to me, I knew.

He said; "Come my people. It's time!"

God said many times in scripture this would happen. It is nothing new, nor is it a new revelation. Don't take dreams to serious, they can be dangerous.lets focus on te word of God. not ourselves and our dreams.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I just love it when the Queen of misunderstanding, Zoney, puts words out that I never said.... I have NEVER said we NEED dreams to know Jesus, but GOD communicate in dreams as real as HE DOES IN REVELATIONS, or visions.... I wonder what would have happened if Joseph told ZONEY that he heard God speak to him in a dream and told him to get out of the town, for the babies will be killed....

You wanted scripture if God talks to us in dreams and visions? ...Here you go...
Acts 2:17... And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,........ and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

I wonder if these visions and dreams is about fancy cars or heavenly stuff? And if I do get a vision, would I know God a little better after the vision, or dream? I KNOW I do, but then I suppose God can reveal it in me when I am awake, or in life experience, but HE WILL DO AS HE WILL! I cannot tell Him what or how to TEACH me, He does AS HE WILL!

Is God's Truth for the WORLD? ... Look what is said in the Bible.... John 14:17...
Even
the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
No more discussion from me, I do not like to repeat.... It is arguing and I will not argue about God's Truth, No NEED for that. You either agree or not, up to you. I did not write the Bible, I only believe HIM!

I wonder why Jesus did not pray for the WORLD in John 17, I wonder why HE DID NOT PRAY FOR THEM? Look what Jesus said....
I pray for them that thou hast given me, and for those that will believe in their words.... He did not say HE prayed for those that would argue with others for HIS NAME, I do not have to answer you, but for the benefit of the readers I would show that the WORLD cannot receive the Spirit of Truth.... CANNOT, because.... they do not see or know HIM! And I suspect it is because they love their life in sin more than they love God's Truth!

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Peter quoted Joel in Acts because Joel's Prophecy came true and was fulfilled in the coming of Jesus Christ and was being fulfilled right then at pentecost. Those where the last days to Jewish centered worship and customs. Peter is not talking about the Last days that we are now in, the Church or aged of Grace as some Christians call it.

Mat_1:20 And as he thought upon these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take to you Mary as your wife. For that in her is fathered of the Holy Spirit.

Mat_2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

Mat_2:13 And when they had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise and take the young child and His mother and flee into Egypt. And be there until I bring you word, for Herod is about to seek the child to destroy Him.

Mat_2:19 But Herod having expired, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,

Mat_2:22 But when he heard that Archelaus reigned in Judea in his father Herod's place, he was afraid to go there. And being warned by God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee.

Mat_27:19 But as he was sitting down on the judgment seat, his wife sent to him, saying, Have nothing to do with that just man, for today because of Him I have suffered many things in a dream.

A

AgapeSpiritEyes

Will pray that the B word will quickly disappear from your vocabulary.
I don't have a clue what you are trying to communicate. I guess you are just over my head. You will have to forgive me.

May God bless and keep you
Dear Brother David
What the Lord intimately gave you do not let any one rob you of that personal intimate experience, others can not believe because it was not for them the spiritual relationship He has with you is not one demensional logic brain thinking even of scripture, the Holy Spirit opens our souls to experience Jesus fear of receiving a demonic spirit is countered by what Jesus can witness to us in the scriptures. Do not let giving some of your pearls of the Lord cause you to be hurt or offended by others trampling or rejecting what the Lord and how the Lord responded to you. Just be aware that some can not believe or receive what you experience from the Lord Jesus. As far as some proclaiming absolutes saying, Jesus never spoke in a foreign Language that had to be interpreted well Jesus did on the Cross Matthew 27:45-47 Mark 15:34, 35 Eli Eli lama sabach thani.No one is certain what language He spoke those at the cross did not understand. But some one Matthew and Mark found the translation by searching the fullfillment of prophsey See Psalms 22:1
Jesus Bless you in Agape (Divine) Love Forever

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Is God's Truth for the WORLD? ... Look what is said in the Bible.... John 14:17... Eventhe Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
No more discussion from me, I do not like to repeat.... It is arguing and I will not argue about God's Truth, No NEED for that. You either agree or not, up to you. I did not write the Bible, I only believe HIM!

So you have a monopoly on biblical interpretation?
Like is said before you are unteachable.

I wonder why Jesus did not pray for the WORLD in John 17, I wonder why HE DID NOT PRAY FOR THEM? Look what Jesus said....
I pray for them that thou hast given me, and for those that will believe in their words....

Could it be because Jesus knew at the time if trial they (disciples) would desert Him, and that Christians abroad would feel the birth pains of the gospel (New Testament Church)? And that even today we face persecution through out the world.

This world is headed for bondage and decay, why should Jesus pray for it! It would make no sense, Jesus knows some are appointed for wrath, the wicked ones who will never repent. Jesus is not praying that people would not get saved here, he is praying for the perseverance of the saints because He knows what they will have to endure for His sake.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I just love it when the Queen of misunderstanding, Zoney, puts words out that I never said.... I have NEVER said we NEED dreams to know Jesus, but GOD communicate in dreams as real as HE DOES IN REVELATIONS, or visions
^^^^

We all get to thatstage where we know some, but not all YET. that is when we need TEACHINGS from GOD! We might get it in LIFE experience, or in a dream or in a vision, or in a prophecy, or just reading the Bible.
I wonder what would have happened if Joseph told ZONEY that he heard God speak to him in a dream and told him to get out of the town, for the babies will be killed....
zoney isn't in the scriptures Cobus.

mind you, since it's come to pass already, if we placed Cobus in Joseph's shoes, Cobus would have followed through.

otherwise zoney wouldn't be reading about it.

You wanted scripture if God talks to us in dreams and visions? ...Here you go...
Acts 2:17...And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,.......and your young men shall see , and your old men shall dream dreams:
PENTECOST.
see OT prophets foretelling this.
mission accomplished.

now we read about it, k?

YOUR HANDMAIDENS < Israels! the promise of Pentecost was to THEM first.

I wonder if these visions and dreams is about fancy cars or heavenly stuff? And if I do get a vision, would I know God a little better after the vision, or dream? I KNOW I do, but then I suppose God can reveal it in me when I am awake, or in life experience, but HE WILL DO AS HE WILL! I cannot tell Him what or how to TEACH me, He does AS HE WILL!
if you're getting New Revelation from God you should be calling a council and we need to fireup the presses and do revised, UPDATED Bibles....since we have new information.

I did not write the Bible, I only believe HIM
that's good to hear.

do you believe new prophets who say He is revealing more than is in your Bible?

which prophet? which message? which dream?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2012
I believe I heard and saw all of this because God wanted me to. I also believe He wants me to tell others. When I first started telling this to people, I got a few strange looks and a few skeptical comments. I never thought I would receive the kind of cold, unbelieving and judgmental response that I am receiving today.

I hope that Christians will turn away from whatever is between them and the relationship that God wants to have with them. I believe it's time for Christians to come back to their true love. I have sensed very little Christian love from many of the replies to the message I bring.
In all respect, you are kind of doing an about face when you had posted a thread like this below:

http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/55912-pre-trib-post-trib-does-matter.html#post879953

I was raised in a church that taught the pre-trib rapture. I really never gave it much thought. I was lost and only went to church because my parents forced me. Then after 911, I started becoming more interested in geopolitical events and the prophecy that I heard growing up. Growing up in the church, I never read the Bible for myself. I always took for granted that the folks at church knew what they were saying, and would not misquote or misinterpret scripture in and way. At any rate, having read for myself all the scriptures, on which the pre-trib theory is based, then reading the surrounding verses, plus considering the description of end time events that Jesus details in the Gospels, I have come to the conclusion that this rapture theory ain't right!

But does it really matter? God will never place more on our plate than we can handle.

Bless you all in every way.
I mean, you say you do not believe in the pre trib rapture, but yet when you share your dream like that, you will probably get disbelief because that is what it sounds like you are saying. See?

I do not doubt the dream, but whethor or not you have changed your stance on the pre trib rapture, readers may see you applying that as what the dream means without saying that directly.

I believe in the pre trib rapture & God has answered your question about it, but I do not know if you have applied the meaning of that dream as His call for believers to look to the author & finisher of our faith to help them lay aside every weight & sin to run that race to attend the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, because if a saved believer does not depart from iniquity, they will be left behind as His wrath will fall on the "children" of disobedience.

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Hebrews 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Hebrews 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: 26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. 27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: 29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Salvation is not lost, but being not found abiding in Him will cause a believer to be left behind from attending the Marriage Supper of the Lamb in His honour.

Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Ephesians 5:11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

This is why believers are called to be ready but many will not heed that call to be found abiding in Him to be chosen for the King's Supper which is why God will be judging His House first by excommunication.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

May God cause the increase and enable those that read this to heed the call to go before that throne of grace now and trust Jesus as their Good Shepherd, to lead them in the way they ought to go in following Him as His disciple, walking in the light as He is in the light.

1 John 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin....9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 2:My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 5:1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him....4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

So believers should not put off for tomorrow what they should be trusting Jesus Christ to do today, because He can come at any time like a thief in the night, so the call to be ready is now: not tomorrow.

T

Trax

About seven years ago, just before going to bed, I read John 16:13 for the first time. I closed my Bible and I asked God to show me something.
John 16:13

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I then laid down to sleep. Shortly after closing my eyes, I saw Jesus in the sky. He was pure gold from head to foot. His face was too bright to look upon. There were green flames shooting out from Him in every direction. He shouted in a voice so loud it should have waken everyone in Muskogee. The words He spoke were in a language foreign to me. Immediately, I opened my eyes. My entire body was shaking for several seconds. I then sat up on the edge of the bed, rubbing my eyes I said; "Wow what a dream". I then looked at the clock and noticed that only a few minutes had passed sense I first laid down; (not enough time to have fallen asleep.) Then I ask, "What did He say?" And instantly, even though the language He spoke was foreign to me, I knew.

He said; "Come my people. It's time!"
Three things bother me about this:
1. You were a sleep
2. You didn't know what God said
3. A time reference without a reference to what the time is for. This leaves the individual to lean on
their own thoughts to make up and fill in the gaps.

Mormonism, got started when Joseph Smith claimed to been given gold plates that needed to be
interpreted using special glasses. Now,, with my own experience with the Holy Spirit coming over me,
that went beyond the still small voice, I was awake, I understood what was given, and it was detailed.
It wasn't anything new, but it showed me what I was having problems understanding, concerning
the book of Rev, and it didn't contradict the rest of the Bible. I don't know why the Holy Spirit went
beyond the norm to give me understanding, but it did deal with the scripture I had tried to
understand for 20+ years, and that I had been trying to figure out, a few moments before giving up.
I DO know it wasn't my brain that came up with it. The experience alone, without any wisdom being
given, went beyond what my brain could do.

C

CDavid

Three things bother me about this:
1. You were a sleep
2. You didn't know what God said
3. A time reference without a reference to what the time is for. This leaves the individual to lean on
their own thoughts to make up and fill in the gaps.

Mormonism, got started when Joseph Smith claimed to been given gold plates that needed to be
interpreted using special glasses. Now,, with my own experience with the Holy Spirit coming over me,
that went beyond the still small voice, I was awake, I understood what was given, and it was detailed.
It wasn't anything new, but it showed me what I was having problems understanding, concerning
the book of Rev, and it didn't contradict the rest of the Bible. I don't know why the Holy Spirit went
beyond the norm to give me understanding, but it did deal with the scripture I had tried to
understand for 20+ years, and that I had been trying to figure out, a few moments before giving up.
I DO know it wasn't my brain that came up with it. The experience alone, without any wisdom being
given, went beyond what my brain could do.
If you compare my dream to scripture you will see that, unlike Joseph Smith and Mormonism, it is in complete harmony with the Gospel. Jesus, John the Baptist and all the apostles preached the same message; (Repent for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand) The message in my dream is Come (come where; to repentance.) Like the message of our Lord which was for Gods chosen people, the Jews first, the message in my dream is for "my people" Gods people today (Christians) It's time (time for what; the kingdom of Heaven)

Now let me address your three concerns
1. I was asleep. Of course I was asleep. That's when dreams happen.
2. I did not say that I did not know what he said. I said "He spoke in a language that was foreign to me." Yet when I sat up on the side of the bed and reflected on His words, by asking myself what He said, the knowledge was there. I'm sure I am not the only person in the world who does that; when something is said we sometimes say to ourselves, sometimes even out loud "What did He say". I sometimes say that to myself when reading the Bible.
3.The time reference is there (a) because it is part of the facts, and (b) because I still wonder if it was more than just a dream. I still do not understand how I could have fallen asleep and had any kind of dream in such a short period of time,

I greatly appreciate your interest, I hope your concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction.

May God bless you in every way

P

Powemm

David,
Thank you so much for sharing what God is unveiling before you.. Wow!! what an amazing experience for the lord to bring you before His throne !!!... Who are we to say what God can and can not do in and through us? Through you.? For others to see His glory.. ... He tells us to approach His throne with boldness and with a confidence " in Christ" ... He has told us " I , the Holy Spirit WILL show you all things and in truth" you apparently did so! He is a mighty God and will speak to us on many ways". ... It is by our " testimony " and sharing of what "He" is doing for us that others come to know Him better...to strengthen and deepen our relationship in Christ .. have courage in Christ Brother, , be strengthened upon the Lord and speak ! especially of you are being lead by Him to do so... those who have received him WILL receive you :). As well as "all who have an ear will hear Him"...
what a blessing you have received and what anlessing for us to hear it !

I have had similar experiences .... have spoken them out with mixed responses and mixed reactions from people as well... Some whom thought i was crazy ... Tis okay though ...we know who we are in Christ and seek not approval from men.... Right? Lean not onto your own understanding.... Lean on the Lord! hand ALL of "that" up to Him... Waste no energy combating the flesh... ... instead, know Christ has recieved you... And beautifully!!
March on! As the angels in Heaven are singing praises over you!

HOLY HOLY HOLY IS HE!!!!

P

Powemm

I pray we stay sober minded....not looking with eyes at the person doing gods work , But instead, listening by faith keeping our ears open to His word .. For we walk by faith, not by sight ... We boast in the Lord and all He is doing! Put no confidence in the flesh ...

C

CDavid

David,
Thank you so much for sharing what God is unveiling before you.. Wow!! what an amazing experience for the lord to bring you before His throne !!!... Who are we to say what God can and can not do in and through us? Through you.? For others to see His glory.. ... He tells us to approach His throne with boldness and with a confidence " in Christ" ... He has told us " I , the Holy Spirit WILL show you all things and in truth" you apparently did so! He is a mighty God and will speak to us on many ways". ... It is by our " testimony " and sharing of what "He" is doing for us that others come to know Him better...to strengthen and deepen our relationship in Christ .. have courage in Christ Brother, , be strengthened upon the Lord and speak ! especially of you are being lead by Him to do so... those who have received him WILL receive you :). As well as "all who have an ear will hear Him"...
what a blessing you have received and what anlessing for us to hear it !

I have had similar experiences .... have spoken them out with mixed responses and mixed reactions from people as well... Some whom thought i was crazy ... Tis okay though ...we know who we are in Christ and seek not approval from men.... Right? Lean not onto your own understanding.... Lean on the Lord! hand ALL of "that" up to Him... Waste no energy combating the flesh... ... instead, know Christ has recieved you... And beautifully!!

March on! As the angels in Heaven are singing praises over you!

HOLY HOLY HOLY IS HE!!!!

Bless you, and thank you for the encouragement