Idk what to do about my bf...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Esther, stay away from this guy. Thats all i am saying.

E

Esther_x1993

I'm about to end it completely. I feel kind of weird but not sad, it's like God is really putting on my heart to just end it right now before it's too late. Please pray for me that I may have the strenght to move on forgive and learn from this.

S

Strong1

Esther?
If you were my daughter?............ooooo, I'd let you have it right now. :mad:
What's the matter with you? Don't you know who you are? who's you are?
I want to shake you HARD. spin you around till you can't see straight, so then every thing you think is good for you right now, looks bad......then maybe you'll leave this man alone.
Then I would kiss your forhead, and tell you I love you, and how much more Jesus loves you, and how sad he is that your replacing him with someone so worthless........Ah man.
I hate when women don't know their worth.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and guess that you don't have a good relationship with your daddy. This is sad.
This thread should be, " Idk what to do about myself" You can't do a thing about him.

E

Esther_x1993

Thank you all for the support and advice. I just broke up with him, it was tough but my relationship with God is number 1 and most important for me. Please pray for me I feel exhausted emotional. I will take an internet break for a while now and try to forget what happened.

H

Hava91

Dont forget what happened hun, and dont slip into the ease of "its all over". stay careful. because youve gone back before (ive been there too, nothing to be ashamed of) but because youve been back, you have to stay especially weary. cut contact. nomatter HOW NICE he seems or wants to talk, work things out - even threatens suicide (trust me its a trick, he wont) - DO NOT TALK TO HIM. <3 ill be praying for your safety, and strength. and that you have the energy to keep going strong <3

J

JtownUSA

Moral of the story is... if your desperate to find a young attractive wife and your in your 30's... low-ball the age gap by about 8 years and marry REALLY young. Just don't do it twice or you'll go to jail for bigamy.

Gets 'em every time.

E

Esther_x1993

Hi everyone.
I got out and I'm back in the relationship again. This happened so many times already I don't know how many times I've walked away.. and came back and yet this guy was still there waiting for me cuz he said he loves me.
This is some sick addiction where I keep falling back and am Emotionel depended on him, it's like a red apple when you first see it.. you know it's too sweet and you don't wanna taste it, but yet you want to try it.. and then you do try and you feel such guilt and weird and you want to go back and wish you never ate the apple. This happened to me so many times. Whenever I stopped talking to this guy I kinda feel sad weird and miss him but I do feel closer to God and it gives me so much more faith, because I know God can castl body and soul and cast it into hell, and men can only kill the bodyl, so I only shall fear God.
I know my parents will never ever approve of this relationship since i never even met the guy.
But I keep falling back, I'm wondering if God's tired of me by now =( I keep dissapointing Him and it hurts me so much.

I cannot forget this guy's word it keeps coming back to my mind and makes me crazy. I feel like if I go on with this I'm getting suicidal and losing interest in other things. I wish I never met him. Now I wasted one year and feel distant from God.

Please keep me in your prayers. I know I have to stop contacting this guy, I just don't feel strong enough to make that decision, I can't stand the thought of him suffering and the words he told me that I will never find true love again -_-.

Thanks yall.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Esther,

God wants to help you, don't worry about Him getting tired of you, we've ALL done things we shouldn't have.

This internet "friend" is a liar. He said that you would never find true love again to try and keep you under his thumb. and he's not suffering. He's telling you he is to make you feel sorry for him. And it's working.

You HAVE to block him, and then you need to find peace with God. Take that internet break you talked about, and spend some time praying. And when you pray, ask Jesus to fill you with The Holy Spirit. And tell Him the truth about everything. Ask Him to give you the power to resist temptation to talk to this abusive man. It's very important that you ask for The Holy Spirit.

I will pray for you Esther!

E

Esther_x1993

Esther,

God wants to help you, don't worry about Him getting tired of you, we've ALL done things we shouldn't have.

This internet "friend" is a liar. He said that you would never find true love again to try and keep you under his thumb. and he's not suffering. He's telling you he is to make you feel sorry for him. And it's working.

You HAVE to block him, and then you need to find peace with God. Take that internet break you talked about, and spend some time praying. And when you pray, ask Jesus to fill you with The Holy Spirit. And tell Him the truth about everything. Ask Him to give you the power to resist temptation to talk to this abusive man. It's very important that you ask for The Holy Spirit.

I will pray for you Esther!
Thanks for your encouraging words. I just broke off contact with this guy. And asked God for forgivness. I will do what you said. God is bigger and and stronger than any problem.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
The dude's like an addiction. So in all honesty, you're probably gonna have "withdraw" symptoms...so that's why I'm saying you better keep busy busy busy.

B

BrittanyJones

God is bigger and stronger than the situation. I like how forums become exactly like self help books than Christian Christ centered help. God can do ANYTHING He wills, and He wills us to put him first and have a close, personal relationship. If this guy is getting in the way, He will do what is necessary so you can get away from him. Even if it's miraculous.

God did this for me even when I was in a point in my life that I was farther away from God but my mother knew the situation I was in and was praying like crazy. I broke up with an abusive bf probably like 6, 7 or 8 times and always he would threaten his own life, my life, or tell me that everything was my fault and problem, and I wasn't godly enough and that's why God wasn't blessing our relationship.

I tried constantly on my own strength but my own fears, guilt and shame got in the way. God says, He is strong enough for us. We cannot save ourselves, but it is God who can save us.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12

In my own situation, with my mom's constant prayers certain situations occurred by God's grace that enabled me to never see him again after another break up. The whole event really helped me to see God's power and trust Him so much more!!

There is hope in Christ!!!!

God is our refuge and strength,an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46

Trust Him to help you receive freedom!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
Revelation 21

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TyphaniNichole

No! love you have a whole life ahead of you & really dont need to stress over a guy over the net especially youtube. Do things more positive, what are some of your favorite hobbies to do? if he's continuing to prey on young girls or having sex with them & is 30 years of age thats stagetory rape he can be in jail for it & be a register sex offender. Dont listen to his lies about you not being beautiful, you are beautiful & your LORD SAVIOR says you are hello he created you. remember all this guys talk is in the natural & you need to remind yourself you serve a supernatural God who is right & will not lie to you & will provide you the right person you need. but for now do things that are positive, not saying your negative, things that will bring you up instead of tearing you down & delete him forever! A real man will only make you shed happy tears obivously he's not he can kick rocks..

May 18, 2010
hello, i'm here to say, this obsessive depressive behavior is very, very unhealthy. I mean you haven't even met this guy in person and he's already about lived his life, you are still young and have much learning to do, I can see that this dude is obsessed by the way things were written. I don't think it's wise to hook up with him... It's already caused this much wrong, how much longer shall it go on???, it's only been about a year so it's not like you've known this person. I would examine yourself my dear,..I can see you're undecided betwixt your options, but from my point of view along with everyone else's, this is not good news.

May 18, 2010
once you are away for some time you will begin to see a clearing ease upon your life...I wish you well.

B

brotherdano

Do yourself and many other girls a big favor, and report him to the local authorities......they may or may not arrest him, but they will certainly go talk to him......he is playing with fire, and he needs to smell the flames......in the meantime, keep your friends, and get busy enjoying being young. It will end soon enough, and I, for one, want your memories of youth to be pleasant ones, not recurring nightmares.....

Your brother in Christ,

Dan

V

violakat

Esther, have you told your parents about this man? I know you said you told your friends, but didn't know if you had told your parents. If not, as much as you may hate too, and may be frightened to, tell them (unless of course, they are abusive. But I'm assuming they are not.) They may be able to help you to stay away from this man completely. Your parents should be your first line of defense, not your last. And that is because their job is to protect you, while you are still young. Yes, you may officially be an adult now, but, you are still so young, that you may not be aware of many of the dangers out there.

By the way, this guy sounds very much like a friends ex BF from a long time ago. At the time, we were about 6th or 7th grade and he was about a senior in High school. She kept trying to break things off with him, but he kept manipulating her, saying things like "I'll die if I don't have you" and what not. The only reason he did this was because he only wanted to have sex with her.

I'm afraid you may be in for some rude shocks, and not because he is from another country, but because of the very way the whole thing is going. One of the biggest scams are from people who claim to be from another country. They pry on the naive and innocent, and convince them to send them money. And some, who are really from other countries, only want a spouse from said country, for only one thing: a green card. Not everyone who meets someone online from another country, is going to be a fraud. But the way your situation is, I'm almost 100% positive he is.

E

Esther_x1993

Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I apperciate it. My friend made me realise that this guy has only power of me if i give him power by coming back and believing his lies again.I decided to ask God for forgivness cry out for help and never come back, it's a life changing decision but it brings me only closer to God.
And God should be number 1 in everyone's life.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I apperciate it. My friend made me realise that this guy has only power of me if i give him power by coming back and believing his lies again.I decided to ask God for forgivness cry out for help and never come back, it's a life changing decision but it brings me only closer to God.
And God should be number 1 in everyone's life.
Okay since you have a friend who knows about it...I think I'd have your friend be your support through this. Tell them when you feel like wanting to message the dude...I mean you'd probably want to ask your friend if they'd help you through this. But I think it wouldn't be a bad idea in having someone help you out. Sometimes having that support around you will make things a little bit easier.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Some folks have to learn things the hard way. Don't be one of them.

T

TyphaniNichole

I think you need your mom involved, a woman figure to guide you as well.

i mean i dont have a daughter, if i did i wouldnt cuss her out etc. there's a better way of handling this situation.

is he your first love?