I'm Treading Works Salvation...lolzzzzzzz

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 3, 2016
rockrz is quite immature, doesn't offer anything for a profitable engagement
That's because it's takes being spiritually minded to understand the things of God.

Hang in their broman, God'll get some revelation to ya one of these days if you keep looking and believing.

I can probably find it, but sure enough it was fnc and another moniker he employs. I told fnc he wasn't "smart" enough to give his other moniker a different age, and his other moniker comes right in and starts the same exact attack fnc was implementing. Even made a blog about it. And at the same time lonerstar joins and begins the same behavior.
And you got'cher little feeling hurt din't cha?

Let it go man, let it go YO

That view of God makes Him a cruel God.
So, you're saying God lied in His Word when He spoke of hell being a real place er something?

If so, you be in the wrong side of eternity cause God cannot and does not lie.

He said hell was real, and it is!

If He loves everyone, then everyone is chastened and will share in His holiness.
But that scripture specifically says "But IF ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons" (Hebrews 12:8)... so, it's obviously possible to be without His correction (His leading) and it would be people who reject His correction.

God chastens those He loves so that they will share in His holiness
Without holiness, no man will see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14)

Dec 28, 2016
Not you brother or anyone espousing the heavenly lottery...the doctrine itself.

I believe we, like Adam have a choice.

The Bible says choose...
Life or death?
Okay, now that I've had some time to stew over this, I will exegete that passage where you say choose life or death...

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.[Deuteronomy 30:19,20]

Now, who was this addressed to? Israel, God's chosen ppl. Now, in Deuteronomy 29, God gives His ppl this warning..."You yourselves know how we lived in Egypt and how we passed through the countries on the way here. You saw among them their detestable images and idols of wood and stone, of silver and gold. Make sure there is no man or woman, clan or tribe among you today whose heart turns away from the Lord our God to go and worship the gods of those nations; make sure there is no root among you that produces such bitter poison."[Deuteronomy 29:16,17] Those ppl who were outside of Israel, we not God's chosen ppl, and were pagans who worshiped other idols. Sure, there were a few Gentiles hither and yon who became adopted into Israel, but they were limited in what they could do as far as worship went.

Israel was a picture of the church that was to come. The true Israel is one who has had his/her heart circumcised by God, and not the male having his foreskin circumcised. Paul spoke of this is Romans 2..."A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God."[vss 28,29] However, this circumcision of the heart was not a NT only institution as God told the Jews "The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live."[Deuteronomy 30:6]

So, the part about choosing life was given solely to God's chosen ppl, Israel in the OT, and the church, the elect of God, in the NT church.

Those who lived around the Jews in OT days were outside the covenant God made with Israel. The Hivites, Hittites, Jebusites, Edomites, Philistines, Assyrians, Egyptians et al, were not in this covenant and were left to themselves and their idolatry was evidence of them being left to their own devices.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
So does man have a choice in the matter of salvation? Some would contend that if a man is elect before salvation then no he has no choice. He must in fact select in favor of salvation if the election is as many describe it under Calvinism.

Genesis 3:22 God declared that man has the knowledge of good and evil. I submit to you that everyman having this God given ability must choose for himself between good and evil. The sinner knows full well when he sins against God.

Genesis 3:22 ¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Here it is evident that Adam could have chosen to eat of the tree of life just as he did the tree of knowledge.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Jesus demonstrates this principal quite clearly here in John 3.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Marano

Dec 7, 2011
So does man have a choice in the matter of salvation? Some would contend that if a man is elect before salvation then no he has no choice. He must in fact select in favor of salvation if the election is as many describe it under Calvinism.

Genesis 3:22 God declared that man has the knowledge of good and evil. I submit to you that everyman having this God given ability must choose for himself between good and evil. The sinner knows full well when he sins against God.

Genesis 3:22 ¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Here it is evident that Adam could have chosen to eat of the tree of life just as he did the tree of knowledge.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Jesus demonstrates this principal quite clearly here in John 3.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Of course man makes choices, it's just that the choices man makes is subject to man's nature, before being born again by the spirit of God, we all made bad choices that came from our nature, and any ''good'' choice that we made was common grace by God and God restraining the evil of men. I say ''good" choice because even our best works are as filthy rags.

Dec 3, 2016
before being born again by the spirit of God, we all made bad choices that came from our nature
Yes and some make bad choices after getting born again... choices that did not come from the new nature.

Hence 1 John 1:9

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Of course man makes choices, it's just that the choices man makes is subject to man's nature, before being born again by the spirit of God, we all made bad choices that came from our nature, and any ''good'' choice that we made was common grace by God and God restraining the evil of men. I say ''good" choice because even our best works are as filthy rags.
Nope try again.

Lu 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Jesus said evil men are able to do good. They merit no righteousness because of it but they are able to do good.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
Nope try again.

Lu 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Jesus said evil men are able to do good. They merit no righteousness because of it but they are able to do good.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
He said they are able to give good gifts :rolleyes:

Jesus also says none are good but God. How do you reconcile the two? Someone can give a good gift and still be evil. Example would be someone who gives to charity for no other reason than the tax break. Doing something good doesn't necessarily make the person good if that good is for selfish reasons.

Marano

Dec 7, 2011
Nope try again.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
It's the heart behind that "good" they do, if they don't have a heart towards good and are evil by nature, what good is any "good" they do, if again our best deeds are called filthy rags?

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
Nope try again.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I actually think I misread and you were saying the same thing I said. My apologies.

Jun 1, 2016
Recently I made this post in a thread (I edited out the persons name I addressed which said "Hello ________ !):

A person then stated in response to the above "you are now starting to tread the works based salvation waters." I then asked for proof of this from my statement and later, this same person stated that the part that is bold above is "treading works based salvation." That is, because God has His elect out there, and I believe this biblical truth, then I am treading works based salvation waters. LOL! Oh, well.

Frankly that is a misguided and unfounded assertion so I wanted to allow others to chime in:

Some of you can really distort what others have said, so you'll find some way to spin my statement out of disdain for election, for me &c so I wanted to capture several more asinine takes on what I said and see exactly how others will twist what I've said in diablos fashion.

Others of you will find the false accusation as bizarre and unfounded as I have, and rightly so since there is nothing even remotely true about the false accusation.
When theology says everything is unwarranted favor ( which is the reason were offered salvation) then anything else which causes growth become " works based salvation" even though the reason were given Grace is to enable us to actually do the works prepared for Gods People to do. theres nothing left but distortion when truth is rejected.