In Six Days......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
I had this similar conversation with a bible study group I attend, and I asked them this simple question:

"It's the Year 2013...but 2,013 years from what? From the earth's creation? Are we saying the earth is 2013 years old?" And of course the answer is no...so then I asked them, "what is 2,013 years a measurement of?" Then they began to think...

---

2013 is a measurement of the reign of the latest kingdom ruling this world; The ("holy") Roman Empire. That's when A.D. (C.E.) began. "The Year of our Lord" is what it used to be called. And this is exactly what we see all throughout secular history, and biblical history. Whenever the newest kingdom emerged to rule the known world, the year (of reign) was reset back to 1 to record that kingdom's reign.

...so what I'm getting at is this; our measurement of time (i.e. years) has ALWAYS been from the perspective of man. It has always been a measurement of "MAN'S TIME" on the earth, and not a measurement of the time of Earth's existence. Glean the scriptures and see that it's true for every new reign.

The time of man started with the 1st man...Adam. We started counting years (as we know them) from the first man. But unfortunately, the years of man's rule has always been incorrectly lumped together with the years of the Earth's creation, since both creations are mentioned within the 1 chapter of the same account. But it's clear from the very first day marked off by God that the earth was here *before* Adam...and before the 1st day was even finished.

Now notice that Adam is recorded to have died at 930 years old...so you have to ask the question: what year was it? Well if we base it on how mankind has ALWAYS counted its years, (not so) obviously it was year 930. And the year of Adam's creation was year 1. Year 1 of what? Again, year 1 of man's first kingdom; year 1 of Adam.

Now if you take the time to count out the total number of years from Adam to Christ (starting with the genealogy of Adam in Gen 5), you come up with approx. 4000 years.

Years 1 to 1000
In the 1st day of Man, Sinful Adam (darkness) is separated from God (light)

Years 1001 to 2000
In the 2nd day of Man, The Waters of the Flood are separated (again) so Noah's family finds dry ground

Years 2001 to 3000
In the 3rd day of Man, Abraham is told he'll be a father (tree) of many, and is given the promised seed (fruit)

Years 3001 to 4000
In the 4th day of Man, Prophets (moon) & Kings of Israel (stars) are introduced along with the "Sun of Righteousness" (Christ)

Then if you add the past 2,013 years - starting with "Holy" Rome's rule (papacy) - you come up with approx. 6000 years:

Years 4001 to 5000
In the 5th day of Man, the "Beast(s) of the Sea" emerge (Genesis 1:20; Revelation 13:1)

Years 5001 to 6000
In the 6th Day of Man, the "Beast(s) of the Earth" emerge (Genesis 1:24; Revelation 13:11)

This is where that number comes from. 6000 years is not a measurement of the earth's age, but of Man's age.

The scriptures are accounts about MAN'S relationship with GOD; not accounts about the earth. So (fallen) man has been ruling for roughly 6000 years on the earth, but man's rule is just about at an end because the 7th day (day = 1000 years, and 1000 years = day) is the Lord's day (i.e. the Day of the Lord = Millennium Reign).

Nov 13, 2012
I did and it was fruitless. I am not belittling you. I am only asking you to open your mind not to me but to what the word says. I love you and want the best for you. If believing your man teacher leads you to christ, all of this discussion is irrelevant. The main objective that I have is that you realise and place your faith in the work of the cross and nothing else. Because from the foundation of the Earth God was determined to save you and became a man and died for you. He still is a man and will remain aman as far as we know. Tell your teacher that and see what he says. Its not going to make him happy but it is the word. study for yourself and do not rely on your teacher. Most of them if not all are out for their own gain as told in the word. Read revelation. It begins with Jesus in the midst of the church and comes to the point where Jesu is outside the church and knocking and appealing to the individual. Read it for yourself PLEASE.
So Moses, Elijah and David leading me to the cross is bad, but you leading me to the cross is good, even when you don't care about Moses, Elijah and David, and when Moses and Elijah were standing beside Christ at his transfiguration leading the apostles to Christ?

Were you there when Christ was transfigured? Moses and Elijah were.

I think you're a wolf and a self-deceived liar. And I'm finished with you and your folly.

Go hear what you will to hear.

Nov 13, 2012
What is amazing to me is that people who go through burning hoops to try to make something seemingly profound out of the 6 day creation, coming up with all sorts of fantastical pre-creations or symbolic 1000 year days, and what they don't seem to ever understand is the Wisdom of God creating the earth in just 6 normal days as you understand any day of the week.

K

Kerry

Wisdom is subjective. why do atheist cling to evolution? wisdom is God given and not by man. Yet most of you cling to the teaching of man and not the word as exposed by the Spirit. My hope is that you will receive the truth given by the Spirit and at least accept the work of the cross. The deeper things of scripture are left to those who study His word and as He gives light. It makes no difference if it was six days or a thousand days. what does it change? the fact is that man is lost in sin and his only hope is faith in the work of the cross and nothing else. Amen.

Nov 13, 2012
Wisdom is subjective. why do atheist cling to evolution? wisdom is God given and not by man. Yet most of you cling to the teaching of man and not the word as exposed by the Spirit. My hope is that you will receive the truth given by the Spirit and at least accept the work of the cross. The deeper things of scripture are left to those who study His word and as He gives light. It makes no difference if it was six days or a thousand days. what does it change? the fact is that man is lost in sin and his only hope is faith in the work of the cross and nothing else. Amen.
Wisdom is never subjective.

Wisdom is always perfectly objective, because all Wisdom comes from a perfectly objective God.

And Wisdom is always vindicated by her children. -- Luke 7:35