Is God, defined by your definition?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

in2it

If He were to have given me an unregenerated spirit, then He would be the one who has caused me to be condemned. Then, why would He judge me for something He has done?

If He were to have given me a regenerated spirit, then I am at liberty to live as I please and will not be held accountable for my actions. Yet, Scripture says that we are held accountable for our actions.

I have heard that every single person has a spirit when God breathed it into them. I have also heard that every single spirit (breathe) shall return to the One who gave it. So, to say that God gave some an unregenerated spirit, while He gave some a regenerated spirit, not only implies that God will be judging us based on something that He did, but also that God's breathe can sometimes be hurtful (evil), in the sense that it causes harm to the soul He gave the hurtful breathe to.
Your point is well taken. I have been trying to come up with a good reason to keep everyone from arguing about predestination and free will being a conflict. I don't believe the two should be at such odds with each other. I'm still working on it though.
Trying to make the predestine camp and the free will camp come together is proving harder than I thought it would be.
But I believe God knows what choice people will make. He created us after all. To say we have no choice because we were predestined goes against the whole point of us all being here. God wants people who will choose Him, thats the whole point of this life. But in the same breathe He hardens the hearts of some which always seems to coincide with His plans. I doubt very much that the one who's hearts He hardens would respond positively to His Word anyway.

Thank you very much for making me think into this more in depth. I guess the Predestined spirit thingy isn't going to work so well. Back to the drawing board.

C

cfultz3

But I believe God knows what choice people will make. He created us after all. To say we have no choice because we were predestined goes against the whole point of us all being here. God wants people who will choose Him, thats the whole point of this life. But in the same breathe He hardens the hearts of some which always seems to coincide with His plans. I doubt very much that the one who's hearts He hardens would respond positively to His Word anyway.
And this from you is the final conclusion.

May I only add this: they who are in/through Christ are those who have been predestined for salvation, seeing that it was God's plan all the while, even before the beginning of time. That is to say, they who are in Christ are the elect.

Jun 30, 2011
But saying God "hates" one person but loves another making God a respecter of persons?

And God saying I pick you, you, and you - but not you, you, and you - is making God a respecter of persons also.
God is still separate from his creation - if he chooses one, it isn't based on merit - therefore God is not a Respecter of persons

now if people say - o God just saw those who would respond to faith - that is a respecter of persons