Is it really a sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Helloimandrewyo

Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
Heb 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling [G115]...

G115
ἀθέτησις
athetēsis
ath-et'-ay-sis
From G114; cancellation (literally or figuratively): - disannulling, put away.

...of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Act 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
Act 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Gal 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Read Romans chapter 7 too. Read the whole new Testament on your knees.

If you haven't had everything you hold dear stripped away from you: wife, kids, health, money, reputation, possessions, friends and more; then you haven't even been close to being in school yet. Those are just the prerequisites.

I challenge everyone who goes up against this word to ask God Himself to put them in school.

Mat 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Mat 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Take this to the LORD, I'm not your God.

Hey man, i am really impressed by your scripture reference and such. you seemed very learned. Much Kudos on that!

I would say though when you say stuff like:

"Read Romans chapter 7 too. Read the whole new Testament on your knees."

"Take this to the LORD, I'm not your God."

It feels a little condescending, although i am sure it isn't meant that way at all.

A

Avidan

Hey man, i am really impressed by your scripture reference and such. you seemed very learned. Much Kudos on that!

I would say though when you say stuff like:

"Read Romans chapter 7 too. Read the whole new Testament on your knees."

"Take this to the LORD, I'm not your God."

It feels a little condescending, although i am sure it isn't meant that way at all.

You are right, that is not in love, will you forgive me?

H

Helloimandrewyo

Psh absolutely man!! No doubt!

Thank you for being so understanding, and not jumping to the conclusion that someone is out to get you. lol

H

Helloimandrewyo

It's just hard to swallow any amount of truth that anyone has to say when stuff like that is added.

You seem to have a lot to contribute, and i don't want miss out, nor do i want anyone else to misss out on it. especially over something so small. Make sense?

A

Avidan

It's just hard to swallow any amount of truth that anyone has to say when stuff like that is added.

You seem to have a lot to contribute, and i don't want miss out, nor do i want anyone else to misss out on it. especially over something so small. Make sense?
Yes, it makes sense.

What I said is very good advice though. It means to read the Book in fear, because His way is a very narrow way and many miss it, especially trying to justify their conscience by their works.

It's difficult to convey tone in text and because it sounded condescending towards you, I apologized. It wasn't my intent, I speak very softly and gently.

For those reading, take what I am saying, to Him; because if one can't see it, there's nothing more that I can do to explain to him anymore than I already have, because I've got to go to the store! LOL

Many people try to justify themselves to me when I tell them the Word of God. And I say, don't try to do that do me. I am not your God, take it to Him and stand on Christ instead of trying to justify yourself to a man.

Much love to you!

Sincerely,

Steven

S

See_KING_Truth

Forgive me if I have come off in that way. I do not condemn anybody for what they eat. As I responded to the OP earlier, if you are convicted to not eat these things, then don't. If not, then continue to eat what you will.
Forgiveness needs to be asked of those who read things that put them into bondage.
I asked forgiveness.

A

Avidan

I love you guys!!!!!

S

See_KING_Truth

I love you guys also! I'll bind my fingers up next time I even think about writing something that could possibly be a stumbling block to a brother or sister.

H

Helloimandrewyo

Well now i feel left out of this love fest.

I love you guys too.