Jerks end texts with a period

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

So, volunteer to tutor kids of all ethnic groups.
I actually was a volunteer tutor for juveniles on probation. :eek:

You're probably not directly responsible for Global Warming. That's good, isn't it?

YAY!!! \:D/ .........Wait.... I used aerosol hairsprays in the past. *oops*
:p

i use punctuation.

i guess that means i'm a horrible person.

it's ok, though. there is always chocolate to help me feel better.

:eek:

I notice you didn't use capital letters at the beginning of each of sentence. But I will forgive you if you bring chocolates next time you visit. :rolleyes:

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I notice you didn't use capital letters at the beginning of each of sentence. But I will forgive you if you bring chocolates next time you visit. :rolleyes:
hehe i mentioned in the "handwriting challenge" thread how i don't use capital letters. i picked up that bad habit when i started to journal. i was like "i ain't got time fo dat!" haha

C

crosstweed

:cool: I'm a jerk.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It has nothing to do with black or white. Most teens in my school were white.
You got made fun of if you got high grades and put effort in studying.
I remember this attitude being prevalent much earlier, like grade three or four?

A

AuntieAnt

Yeah, but you're cool! So that makes you a cool jerk. :cool:

[video=youtube;27PydomerjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27PydomerjM[/video]

C

coby2

I remember this attitude being prevalent much earlier, like grade three or four?
I saw it only the first years of high school when they mixed everyone in the same class. The last years with only the ones that studied for going to university you didn't have that. The first years teachers would get mad from all the ones that didn't listen and were loud, the last years one told us: please say something!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
By grade six bad behaviors were becoming really noticeable in my classmates. Even I started rebelling at that age, not wanting to follow school protocol regarding uniforms. I was sick of the blouse and tunics with knee socks LOL and started wearing what I wanted, just regular clothes, though in grade seven when you really could wear more normal clothes, they would send you home if your wore a culotte, which is a skirt with a panel between the legs, making it almost like shorts. Though you cannot tell, still, it was forbidden for girls to have anything between their legs, I guess. Such puritanical measures were not well received by us at that age. Mini skirts were in, and we wanted to wear our skits right up to our thighs at fifteen.

The school systems were undergoing change by the time I reached high school. They wanted you to know what you wanted to be when you grew up! Or maybe it was always that way, we were supposed to know by then. I didn't have a clue. I had known what I wanted to be when I was five (working with animals), and then I changed it when I was eight (to working with people), and again when I was thirteen (because I realized people were really messed up and I did not have a hope of really being able to help them, so great was my dim view of humanity by then). I had a long list of what I didn't want to be, and did not really know what specifically I did want to be until I got into college in a design arts program. I knew it was going to have to be something in the arts, but what?

I was good at languages and writing. I remember tests our grade eleven teacher would unexpectedly throw at us, to spell crazy long hard to pronounce words, and I was quite adept at spelling them correctly, just guessing really. But I had always read a lot, so that probably helped. And I was somewhat encouraged in the writing part of English also, really throwing myself into the creative aspect of assignments to the point where teachers would take notice. Still, many subjects I just slacked off: I was not ambitious, whatever for? Being worldly did not appeal to me, to the end of going to work for some company that was going to use and abuse me to grow their wealth and further their evil capitalist empire (LOL). I was not keen on that at all...

I was taken out of my English class in grade 12 pretty quickly after the teacher would assign a chapter to read for the night and I would return the next day and have read the whole book. So by the time I dropped out of high school
(dropped out of college, too), and then returned for the last two weeks of school, I did not get my grade 12 English credit, it could not be recovered, but I did not care, either. My punctuation was fine. I could read and write, and think for myself, I guess. I finally got the job I went after following a mere year of college, starting on my 21st birthday, and even though I was not a believer in the Biblical God at the time, I always credited it to being a gift from the Spirit of the universe. I have had three jobs in the same industry over the past forty years. The funny thing is that some of the design arts' teachers pegged me as being one of the least likely to succeed, because I was not very motivated to perform academically in school. I may not have been motivated in school but I have always been motivated at my job, and good at it, too. Thank you, God, for giving me my dream job, and proving all those teachers wrong :)

Kids! :p

Last edited:
C

coby2

By grade six bad behaviors were becoming really noticeable in my classmates. Even I started rebelling at that age, not wanting to follow school protocol regarding uniforms. I was sick of the blouse and tunics with knee socks LOL and started wearing what I wanted, just regular clothes, though in grade seven when you really could wear more normal clothes, they would send you home if your wore a culotte, which is a skirt with a panel between the legs, making it almost like shorts. Though you cannot tell, still, it was forbidden for girls to have anything between their legs, I guess. Such puritanical measures were not well received by us at that age. Mini skirts were in, and we wanted to wear our skits right up to our thighs at fifteen.

The school systems were undergoing change by the time I reached high school. They wanted you to know what you wanted to be when you grew up! Or maybe it was always that way, we were supposed to know by then. I didn't have a clue. I had known what I wanted to be when I was five (working with animals), and then I changed it when I was eight (to working with people), and again when I was thirteen (because I realized people were really messed up and I did not have a hope of really being able to help them, so great was my dim view of humanity by then). I had a long list of what I didn't want to be, and did not really know what specifically I did want to be until I got into college in a design arts program. I knew it was going to have to be something in the arts, but what?

I was good at languages and writing. I remember tests our grade eleven teacher would unexpectedly throw at us, to spell crazy long hard to pronounce words, and I was quite adept at spelling them correctly, just guessing really. But I had always read a lot, so that probably helped. And I was somewhat encouraged in the writing part of English also, really throwing myself into the creative aspect of assignments to the point where teachers would take notice. Still, many subjects I just slacked off: I was not ambitious, whatever for? Being worldly did not appeal to me, to the end of going to work for some company that was going to use and abuse me to grow their wealth and further their evil capitalist empire (LOL). I was not keen on that at all...

I was taken out of my English class in grade 12 pretty quickly after the teacher would assign a chapter to read for the night and I would return the next day and have read the whole book. So by the time I dropped out of high school
(dropped out of college, too), and then returned for the last two weeks of school, I did not get my grade 12 English credit, it could not be recovered, but I did not care, either. My punctuation was fine. I could read and write, and think for myself, I guess. I finally got the job I went after following a mere year of college, starting on my 21st birthday, and even though I was not a believer in the Biblical God at the time, I always credited it to being a gift from the Spirit of the universe. I have had three jobs in the same industry over the past forty years. The funny thing is that some of the design arts' teachers pegged me as being one of the least likely to succeed, because I was not very motivated to perform academically in school. I may not have been motivated in school but I have always been motivated at my job, and good at it, too. Thank you, God, for giving me my dream job, and proving all those teachers wrong :)

Kids! :p
I had no idea either. Did two different university studies, each a year, it was way too hard. Teacher said I needed to go a level lower and get a bachelor's, but still had no idea what. I only liked drawing. So now I draw maps. Dream job.