JUDAS IN HELL?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 25, 2013
Cycel, I think with all these questions about the Bible, it may be to your best advantage to get one and read it. There are plenty of Bibles on line for free that you can download and use for free. It seems everything a believer says here you ask where it is written. It woudl behoove you to just read the Bible, and it would be less time consuiming for you.
I own a number of Bibles already. As I type I have the NEB on my lap and the NIV beside me. I've just referenced them both in the last few minutes. I have the King James downstairs, and my son has a couple of different versions which I sometimes call upon. I am about half way through AD 381: Heretics, Pagans and the Christian State, by Charles Freeman. I highly recommend it. What's clear is that even among those who are very well versed in scripture there is still often some very intense debate and disagreement. I already have my own view on things, but when I ask questions I am looking for another perspective. I do have some theology courses (from a Catholic college) under my belt and some additional courses in Christianity from a secular university. I mention this just so you don't think I am coming at this blind.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This is why the reference is called a prophesy. It seems odd with having letters after your name, and so much study this does not occur to people.

I suppose you will take my response is inconclusive because it is based on faith and the Holy Spirit.

Unless you are building some kind of work or writing on comparative religions, I mean if you are truly asking, perhaps you should just read those Bibles in your possession. I know it cannot hurt, but asking in a forum of people from varied structured denominations is hardly imperical, rather schizoid I would say.

If you are seeking for yourself, you should ask our Maker. I did.

I take the secular approach. Psalms predates Christianity by centuries.

Sep 10, 2013
1 Peter 3:19 says "In the body he was put to death; in the spirit he was brought to life...." What does it me that he was brought to life "in the spirit"?
1 Peter 3, 18-19: For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also He went and preach unto the spirits in prison;

The spirits in prison are understood as the spirits from Hell.

Sep 10, 2013
It is only an allegory for Jesus if it is being retold in the New Testament. In of itself the events of Zacharia and Genesis predate the Crucifixion by many centuries. There can be no historical connection except through wishful thinking, but thank you.
The verses from Zacharias are considered prophecy of Judas betrayal.
Zacharias 11, 12-13: 12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.13 And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord.

May 15, 2013
I often wonder if Judas hung himself before or after Christ was crucified. If Christ had risen already and our sins forgiven us, then it makes me wonder if Judas (with his last dying breath asked for forgivness)?
If Christ had not risen yet, then Judas would had to have sacrificed to God to cover his sins & that doesn't seem likely. Kinda makes me wonder if Judas is going to be there when we get there. Anybody else got any comments?
I guess Jesus was already has been killed, because Judas had bought some land and then remorse later, and gave back the land, and tossed back to the hand that has given it to him, and then went back to the land which he once had own to hang himself. And the Pharisees probably didn't want to have anything to do with the money, and bought the land that Judas had purchased to make it look as it didn't never had left from Judas' hand. The Potter's Field is a land that no one doesn't want, and it is uninhabitable because the land can't be purify by fire, because the sharp left over pottery, can't be burn. And Jesus ordeal lasted from dust to dawn as the passover Lamb suppose to be devour within that time period.

Mark 13:35
“Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn.

Mark 14:72
Immediately the rooster crowed the second time. Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times.” And he broke down and wept.

Acts 1:23 So they nominated two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24 Then they prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen 25 to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs.” 26 Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

Proverbs 4:16
For they cannot rest until they do evil; they are robbed of sleep till they make someone stumble.

Some scientists investigate the universe’s biggest mysteries, like the Higgs boson, the mysterious particle that endows all other subatomic particles with mass.
Other researchers look into questions that are, well, a bit humbler—like the age-old puzzle of whether roosters simply crow when they see light of any kind, or if they truly know to crow when the morning sun arrives.
Lofty or not, it’s the goal of science to answer all questions that arise from the natural world, from roosters to bosons and everything in between. And a new study by Japanese researchers published today in Current Biology resolves the rooster question once and for all: The birds truly do have an inner circadian rhythm that tells when to crow.
The research team, from Nagoya University, investigated via a fairly straightforward route: They put several groups of four roosters in a room for weeks at a time, turned the lights off, and let a video camera running. Although roosters can occasionally crow at any time of day, the majority of their crowing was like clockwork, peaking in frequency at time intervals roughly 24 hours apart—the time their bodies knew to be morning based on the sunlight they’d last seen before entering the experiment.
This consistency continued for about 2 weeks, then gradually began to die out. The roosters were left in the room for 4 weeks in total, and during the second half of the experiment, their crowing began occurring less regularly, at any time of day, suggesting that they do need to see the sun on a regular basis for their circadian rhythms to function properly.

Read more: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/03/how-do-roosters-know-when-to-crow/#ixzz2onKSR8i6
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12!: http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter
http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/03/how-do-roosters-know-when-to-crow/

Jul 12, 2013
Judas Iscariot a.k.a. The Bag Man

I must ask what is point of this thread?

Why speculate about the eternal destiny of 1 man, when obviously nobody knows the eternal destiny of anyone except maybe themselves.
Well spoken!

Jesus, therefore, six days before the Passover, came to Bethany where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. So they made Him a supper there, and Martha was serving; but Lazarus was one of those reclining at the table with Him. Mary then took a pound of very costly perfume of pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped His feet with her hair; and the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. But Judas Iscariot, one of His disciples, who was intending to betray Him, said, “Why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and given to poor people?” Now he said this, not because he was concerned about the poor, but because he was a thief, and as he had the money box, he used to pilfer what was put into it. Therefore Jesus said, “Let her alone, so that she may keep it for the day of My burial. For you always have the poor with you, but you do not always have Me.”

But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil.

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

May the Lord bless and keep you,

P.

Sep 13, 2012
even Judas could have been saved if he had asked for it,instead of killing himself, the thief on the cross next to jesus was forgiven

May 15, 2013
even Judas could have been saved if he had asked for it,instead of killing himself, the thief on the cross next to jesus was forgiven
Judgment Day hasn't came yet, so when Judas awake, he will have to stand before God.

Matthew 8:29
“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

Sep 13, 2012
Judgment Day hasn't came yet, so when Judas awake, he will have to stand before God.

Matthew 8:29
“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”
he could have asked for forgiveness from God like any other person, while he was still alive he chose to commit suicide

Jul 26, 2013
he could have asked for forgiveness from God like any other person, while he was still alive he chose to commit suicide
Suicide does not mean that one is doomed. Death is death. And if no man can pluck from God's hand why believe that any man can remove even himself?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Psalm 109........Again...........the entire story of Christ's betrayal.
Father is our safety net in the midst of the tragedies of and in this world is Father not this through Son, to all who will trust Father it will be a safety net?
Kind of like when he said throw your nets to this side and they did and the nets were full of fish. Then he said to them follow me and I (Jesus) will teach you to fishermen. And they became fishers of men to come to the wedding feast through the Son oh yes and yes and yes, by Faith (trust) in Father in Spirit and not of this world
Thanks

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
How about you ask God.....You ask this question as if you dont know the answer....Thats just like saying It wasnt a plan for Jesus coming...
personally I see it as God foresaw how this one or that one would react and do this and that. And used that for God's good will to all mankind
Otherwise, to say God caused it is to say no free will, when from the beginning he gave this free will to choose to eat from any tree in the garden but one, gave the truth of what would happen if they ate from a certain tree, yet gave them free choice in to eat it or not still.
Has God changed? I think not. never has been a tyrant and never will be. For he was and has been Merciful from first day of this terrible tragedy of not getting life in the Spirit of God, only in flesh at that time.
Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Maybe time to respond (repent) to God in thanksgiving and praise to God for Son, that gives the message of reconciliation through the cross.
I think Judas saw this after the fact of what he did, as I think Adam and Eve saw the same as well, after they did what they did, yet bottom line it is between God and them, as it is between God and you and not me.

Nov 15, 2013
Heb 6:4-6...For it is impossible for those who
were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made
partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the
powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto
repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him
to an open shame.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I often wonder if Judas hung himself before or after Christ was crucified. If Christ had risen already and our sins forgiven us, then it makes me wonder if Judas (with his last dying breath asked for forgivness)?
If Christ had not risen yet, then Judas would had to have sacrificed to God to cover his sins & that doesn't seem likely. Kinda makes me wonder if Judas is going to be there when we get there. Anybody else got any comments?
I don't necessarily believe in a hell that exists at this point in time. But I do believe those destined for judgment will be destroyed and that Judas might just be among them. However, there is evidence in the Bible to show that Judas repented of what he had done. But whether or not he accepted Christ as his savior... I'm not certain.

Matthew 27:4 "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood." "What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility."

I also don't think that the sacrifices in the Old Testament saved anyone. And I find that those who do believe so have a completely different view of the Bible - from beginning to end - than I do.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I take the secular approach. Psalms predates Christianity by centuries.
The Psalms are also considered prophetic for a reason.

1 Chronicles 25:1 David, together with the commanders of the army, set apart some of the sons of Asaph, Heman and Jeduthun for the ministry of prophesying, accompanied by harps, lyres and cymbals. [...]

The prophet Asaph wrote some of the psalms. And David, even though a king, was also known to prophesy. And he of course wrote many of the Psalms. When we read in the Psalms things like, "they pierced my hands and feet," we tend to take a closer look because nobody ever pierced David's hands and feet. Just giving an example.