Little money, No job , Losing friends and losing faith...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

skymetal777

Hi people, my names Josh ( but you can call me sky ) I'm 17 years old and I live in Australia, W.A.

I not to long ago, was in a bit of success when I got confirmation that I got a position in my tafe college in doing ( electrotechnology pre-app cert 2, electricians course) all was well! Well, until I left and began to realize how hard it was out in the real world. ( It's pretty scary. I thought it would be a walk in the park, get my certificate and I would be working in the fields in no time. ( I was dreadfully wrong ). And it's so difficult now in trying to seek an apprenticeship or a traineeship in the electrical trades field because of the pricing of our mining co's.

I'm also losing my friends than I am gaining them, all because of this depression that I am in and thoughts of me not being able to fulfill my goals and achievements that I've made in this life. I act very bitter towards my friends because I'm always depressed and being in distress. My life is going downhill at the moment.:(

Lastly, and what was important to me was my faith in God. It just seemed to flow away at some point in my learning, I felt that I was better off without the man upstairs. I also spend some time studying on my weekends a little bit on the subject of '' Evolution ''. It felt to me to be the truth of life beginning, but the biblical version a little too... Absurd in my opinion and I choose to leave the presence of God because evolution seemed more plausible than faith. ( Please nobody get offended, I'm only saying what I honestly feel ).

Guys, if you're reading this please pray for me... Pray that I regain my faith, get new friends ( Change my ways towards them ) And a job :( This is frightening for me. I honestly had nowhere else I could turn to, I felt comfortable typing away my problems to gold hearted people. :)

Have a wonderful day people, take care.

Josh,

R

richie_2uk

You may have lost your money, your friends, your job. But ppl don't realise that they don't lose God. But they lose there faith in God. So maybe find your faith in God. and you wont go far wrong. I pray that you restore your faith in God, so that he can work in you and prepare you and help you understand, that Money, Friends, and even Jobs are all temporarily while you are on earth. for what God has for you, is full time. and the riches and rewards are far more worth than the ones on earth. God bless and I pray that you find your faith back in God, and let him be your provider and trust in him. God bless

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Thank you Father for renewal in you and for friends of your faith in his life, in Jesus name

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
praying for you

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Josh, you are in my prayers in Jesus's name.

God bless
pickles

A

Angel-A

What would happen if you never find the job/friends - will that be a reason to be noone - for your life caunt for nothing. Imagin that what had happen = hapen to your friend - will you see him as a loser?
Will you try to show him that it is always way out?
Sometimes pretending that what is happen = is happen to someone esle = make us to see things more positively.
Why is so hard to believe that he can always help us and do good from each of our life situation?
Imagin that it is your last day of life - would you like to spend it complaining that the world did n't make you more happy or enjoy what ever is 'at this moment' with words of gratetude.
I was depressed once on my 33 birhday and Lord gave me a gift - I was drawn to an audiobook about gratetude.
It said that if we are grateful for good and bad - and see that everything what happen in our life - hapen because He loves us and that was his plan - (even if we become homless till the end) - only then we can really be alive.
Try to say 20 reasons why are you grateful each day and see for yourself.

M

Mike73

Josh just a minor point compared with the rest of your post - I would recommend Billy Crone or Kent Hovind or John Mackay as good sources to bolster your belief in the Bible - these guys tear up evolution and show it to be both foolishly illogical in it's theory and just simply impossible even to the point of ridiculous - and they simply use science to do it too. Also using science they show the evidence that supports the Biblical account. After watching videos by these guys online I believe it takes far more "faith" to believe evolutionary theory than to believe the Bible.

Finally Josh - I don't understand how the difficulty of life is connected with the wavering of your faith in God.

The two things shouldn't be connected. If you think a bad day, week, month or year disproves the existence of God and His love for you then you need to think about what this says about your relationship with God is built upon and whether that is in fact the evidence of being a child of God.

Does the people who had a good day, week, month or year prove God does exist. What if half an hour was bad and the other half was good every hour for someone on the planet - did God blink into and out of existence every time circumstance stance changed for every person who ever lived?

Josh I am interested in how you became a Christian would you be willing to share your testimony.

B

Bluefin

Hello Sky i agree with Mike73...read some of the authors he recommended....there's so much evidence n nature flsuppoing natural design

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Hi people, my names Josh ( but you can call me sky ) I'm 17 years old and I live in Australia, W.A.

I not to long ago, was in a bit of success when I got confirmation that I got a position in my tafe college in doing ( electrotechnology pre-app cert 2, electricians course) all was well! Well, until I left and began to realize how hard it was out in the real world. ( It's pretty scary. I thought it would be a walk in the park, get my certificate and I would be working in the fields in no time. ( I was dreadfully wrong ). And it's so difficult now in trying to seek an apprenticeship or a traineeship in the electrical trades field because of the pricing of our mining co's.

I'm also losing my friends than I am gaining them, all because of this depression that I am in and thoughts of me not being able to fulfill my goals and achievements that I've made in this life. I act very bitter towards my friends because I'm always depressed and being in distress. My life is going downhill at the moment.:(

Lastly, and what was important to me was my faith in God. It just seemed to flow away at some point in my learning, I felt that I was better off without the man upstairs. I also spend some time studying on my weekends a little bit on the subject of '' Evolution ''. It felt to me to be the truth of life beginning, but the biblical version a little too... Absurd in my opinion and I choose to leave the presence of God because evolution seemed more plausible than faith. ( Please nobody get offended, I'm only saying what I honestly feel ).

Guys, if you're reading this please pray for me... Pray that I regain my faith, get new friends ( Change my ways towards them ) And a job :( This is frightening for me. I honestly had nowhere else I could turn to, I felt comfortable typing away my problems to gold hearted people. :)

Have a wonderful day people, take care.

Josh,
Hi Josh, nice to meet you!!! You are just a babe, barely out of high school, so believe it or not you have a lot to learn about life.
It seems to me that one mistake you made was to turn your back on God. It sounds like this is where your life started sliding downhill? Maybe God is sending a wakeup call? It sounds like it is time to regroup, backtrack and start over? Putting God first this time.

B

Bluefin

Sorry, I have to correct my post....I meant to say that there's so much evidence in nature supporting INTELLIGENT design.

A

AuntieAnt

August 7th, 2013

talk about some gravedigging.
It also indicates on his profile that skymetal777 hasn't been back on the forums since September 2nd, 2013. :rolleyes:

Dec 1, 2014
We can always continue to learn from old threads, and we can continue to pray for this guy though he's been away from CC for three years. No harm in resurrecting this thread.

Dec 16, 2012
We can always continue to learn from old threads, and we can continue to pray for this guy though he's been away from CC for three years. No harm in resurrecting this thread.

Precisely. For all others who can relate to these issues and challenges faced by OP, these prayers go to you to, I hope they inspire you to be positive and look earnestly for God's work in the wilderness.

S

simik

Please help Josh LORD.
Amen.